Remdesivir looks fantastic- thank you Gilead!

Discussion in 'Gilead Sciences' started by anonymous, Apr 19, 2020 at 11:38 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just saw the University of Chicago data - thank you Gilead for pursuing this molecule when others might have given up. Thank you for donating hundreds of millions of dollars worth of Remdesivir and cranking up production prior to approval.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NIAID study data not available and inconclusive.

remdesivir works relatively early in the course of a coronavirus infection and must be infused over several days, its uses are limited.

the manufacturing process is long and complicated, and
    Political pressure will keep Gilead from market.

layoffs coming again!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Inconclusive results.

University of Chicago. Of 113 patients with severe cases of Covid-19 who were treated with daily infusions of remdesivir, most were discharged from the hospital in under a week, and only two died. That sounds like fantastically good news, but Dr. Brainard has caveats and cautions. The Chicago story, she told me in a phone interview this week, is still anecdotal. The trial did not include a control group. Hard data, once it comes, can be hard to interpret. “We have to assess whether the drug is working without having a clear picture of what is typical with this disease,” she says

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is fantastic news. This will allow Gilead to have another great reason to talk to HCP’s about this treatment as well as others. No other place I would like to be than Gilead during these rough times!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rough times call for rough action. Another layoff and 30% this time.
    We are doomed and everyone knows it.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m sorry you were laid off. You were in the worst division at Gilead, with a drug going off patent. You were given literally 18 months to find another job. If you were good (which you weren’t ), you were given a ton of chances to move to another division at Gilead. Even then, if you were good you were kept on for future opportunities. I’m sorry you couldn’t find a job in pharma/biotech during the hottest job market in the history of the USA. There is no way you will find a job in industry now actually competing with thousand of others. You need to look into a different career while we save the world with Remdesivir.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

haha inconclusive study, giving it free, even if we charged for it you aren't going to price gouge during pandemic and its an infusion. Not the answer...maybe good for the sickest of the sick but those are so old they are dying of something regardless.

Get off the hype train.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BMO Capitol Markets downgraded Gilead to market perform from market outperform from an experimental drug being tested as a treatment for COVID-19 patients, they "no longer see favorable risk/reward in shares given continued uncertainty around the remdesivir commercial opportunity”
    GILD stock down 3.39% to $81.31 from $85.13 on 04/17

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My Gilead stock is up over 30% in the last couple months while the market is down 20%. Hows your McDonald’s stock doing, fry boy?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gilead Sciences antiviral drug for coronavirus, Remdesivir, "flopped" in its first randomized clinical trial, according to the Financial Times, citing draft documents published accidentally by the WHO. The Chinese trial showed Remdesivir didn't improve patients' conditions or reduce the virus in the bloodstream. The drug also show significant side effects. The antiviral medicine remdesivir from Gilead Sciences failed to speed the improvement of patients with Covid-19 or prevent them from dying, according to results from a long-awaited clinical trial conducted in China. Gilead, however, said the data suggest a “potential benefit.”
    A summary of the study results was inadvertently posted to the website of the World Health Organization and seen by STAT on Thursday, but then removed. “A draft document was provided by the authors to WHO and inadvertently posted on the website and taken down as soon as the mistake was noticed. The manuscript is undergoing peer review and we are waiting for a final version before WHO comments,” said WHO spokesperson Tarik Jasarevic.

GILD TANKED $77.26 USD −$4.05 (4.98%)

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you Gilead for another blunder. Thank you Gilead for angering HCPs to dislike us even more. Thank you Gilead for destroying our access even more now. Thank you Gilead for $10 drop in stock in last week.
    Thank you for next RIF of 30% coming!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So you trust China & the WHO over the Univ of Chicago? I don’t not at all!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

False Hope just like I explained last week. Other data besides China verifys it

U.S Market Headlines Today

Gilead antiviral drug remdesivir flops in first trial

Exclusive: Disappointing results revealed in draft documents published accidentally by WHO

Gilead stock tumbles after Stat report on weak data in remdesivir trial in China

New data on Gilead’s remdesivir, released by accident, show no benefit for coronavirus patients. Company

Gilead Tumbles After Coronavirus Drug Reportedly Flops In Key Covid Test

Dow pares some gains after reports say Gilead's remdesivir shows disappointing results

Gilead Tumbles After Report That Chinese Trial Unsuccessful

$76.10 USD −5.21 (6.41%)

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All Chinese propaganda cited. Maybe you should go work for Beigene.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did Gilead leak this study to deflect the Chicago leak? Are we seeing two possible crimes?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I sure as hell don’t trust Gilead.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Huge news out of Japan! - They obviously have seen enough great data to see the incredible benefits of Remdesivir against Corona - approval is now a near certainty, let’s get out and save the world!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does this answer your question? $78.67 USD −1.23 (1.54%) Down 10% since lead of bad data last week.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was excited to see this - looking REALLY good

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not excited to see this - looking REALLY bad!