remind me how people get fired in the pharmaceutical industry

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by Anonymous, May 1, 2015 at 9:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Back after a 8 year leave, and I am concerned about changes in the industry.

My question is besides the obvious expense report and call reporting issues, how do people get fired in t his job?

Want to cover my bases, thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be very careful on your call reports. Don't get into the habit of lying about the number of calls that you make. More snitches out there now than ever. People are getting dimed out. If they want to get rid of you one of the first thing they do is look at your call reports and find falsifications. Easy cause for dismissal. If you're going to lie - be smart. Be a good liar.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Appreciate your post.
    It does seem like the technology is out of control. I am not going to fake any calls. I will only enter calls where I had some interaction with the provider, of course.

So, it is call reporting, expenses, anything else?

4. Drug Dumper

Drug Dumper Well-Known Member

I'm curious what's your age bracket, and how did you get someone to hire you after being out for so long?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, I had a good contact.
    Second (should be first), my resume is great...MBA and lots of accomplishments.

So, what do you think....can you give me some things to consider?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, I got one for you. Don't dip your pen in the company ink. Even if you're single. It's unprofessional and often results in fallout for the company. Keep your personal life separate from your business life.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why you get fired and how you get fired are two different things in my mind. The why is any of the things you could imagine:

Bad Manager
    You are a jerk
    Etc.

How is usually something like written before.

Falsification of calls, expenses, or compliance violations, which is becoming the most prominent as it is the easiest and most black and white in terms of justifying. Forgot to hand out the PI even though there are 25 of them on the table...compliance violation and if your manager is looking for something they've got you. One phone call to compliance and the investigation begins and I've seen these first hand and it make the IRS look like the Keystone Cops. The will find out just about everything in their audit and investigation. It is not fun at all. I recently lost a great rep that we wanted to keep badly and we could not save her from compliance because of a simple mistake she made. I can only imagine how easy it would be if we didn't like or want her. To me compliance is the biggest factor in today climate.

8. Drug Dumper

Drug Dumper Well-Known Member

One of the biggest mistakes a rep can make is to put all the eggs in one basket. If you have a product that is state medicaid approved, enjoy it because it isn't going to last for long. Docs will write almost anything in order to keep from having to fill out "prior authorization forms"....they hate, and I mean HATE them, and now insurance companies have some 4 eyed idiot saying 2 generics will equal a branded....and they barely have college educations.

Make sure all of your paperwork is done on time or before deadline. And act like you REALLY believe in your drug(s), even if you know it's a dog.

Learn to do the dance and you'll be fine.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all, this thread smells fishy.
    Your question and the title kind of throw you off a bit.

I'll 'entertain' you but you can go out there and figure out 'how to get fired' for ya'self...if that's realllly what you want to know.

Good luck entering 'real' calls. You will be fired for not meeting your daily quota. If you do enter your daily quota, you will be fired for falsification. So where does this leave you in pharma-forced by management to be unethical and fired.

Good selling.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The real question is, why the hell would you get back into pharma after escaping 8 years ago????

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    And less stress...so I thought.
    Industry is compliance crazy !

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes it is compliance crazy. And the compliance rules you sign basically state that the company will NOT protect you if you are caught SELLING and caught managing your territory (HCP reach/ day). You will have no recourse if you do either and they decide to get rid of you. That's how they get rid of most of us. One day they will be sued and brought down for talking out of both sides of their mouth.

For now, try to do your job. Enjoy it while you can! At Will takes on a whole 'nother meaning in Pharma.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd shave my head with a cheese grater while snacking on tin foil before going back. I dreaded waking up in the morning.....no seriously, hated it.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How do you get a johnson and johnson pharmaceutical rep fired? I have a rep that orders lunches from my work a restaurant and he uses the company card to pay for extra trays of food worth a total of hundreds of dollars now that he comes and picks up on weekends when I know most doctors offices are closed has happened several times now. Any help would be nice

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I got fired at 41 for being in the top 3 of my sales district consistently. sometimes that works against you because they dont want to pay out, so consider company earnings and dont ride the bell curve..on both ends..it can be treacherous.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

did you get fired or downsized?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes, it's a catch 22. when they got rid of me, they said reps weren't allowed to ask for the business/only patient experiences. while, at the same time they measured us on ROI with numbers on the board every week, expecting justification for volume on new scripts. Can someone please shut this industry down.?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FIRED

for telling a doctor that he didnt write enough scripts to put him in rotation as a speaker. the kicker..my manager told me that why he wasn't being used. but I got fired.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

fired

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

count it a great thing you were fired from an industry that is toxic.
    relax.
    you will find something better than this.
    trust me.
    anything is better than pharmaceutical or medical sales.