Renasys recall

Discussion in 'Smith & Nephew' started by Anonymous, Jun 18, 2014 at 6:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any takers for this opening?

Product Manager - Advanced Wound Care Devices-SAI00000145

Description

SUMMARY:
    The primary function of the AWD Product Manager for Smith & Nephew is to drive profitable growth of the assigned product line(s) for the North American market (U.S. & Canada). This requires the origination and execution of customer-focused marketing strategies and product plans, product launch programs, identification of market and segment trends, and promotional programs for products which meet the needs of customers across all served segments. Development and growth will be achieved through comprehensive product positioning, pricing, promotional and distribution strategy development and execution, channel development and management, as well as a close working relationship and clear product leadership role with the Sales and Distribution Teams. The job holder provides input to product development teams, including participation in the development process through project leadership and working on teams within SBU category management.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
    Promotional Programs

Develop comprehensive promotional program for defined product portfolio, including all elements of the promotional mix: development of detailed launch plans for new products, selection of sales channel, communication tactics, and collaterals and other support materials as appropriate.

Portfolio planning

Develop clear understanding of the served market, based on customer interaction and market research. Determine the optimal product portfolio to meet the customer needs and maximize revenue and profit opportunities for the portfolio.
    Review defined product portfolio with regard to strategic fit and company growth expectations and make recommendations on product introductions and exits.
    Develop and implement new product introductions and market exit plans as agreed with senior management for assigned products.
    Understands and analyzes the competitive landscape. This includes competitor market strategies and sales tactics. Provides commentary on competitor activities to senior management and SBU colleagues. Makes adjustment to assigned product sales and marketing strategies to manage competitive threats/opportunities.

Product Knowledge and Expertise

Acquire a superior knowledge of the technical features and benefits of assigned portfolio and act as knowledge resource for field based personnel and customers, often presenting information to audiences of varying sizes. Working in conjunction with sales management, develop comprehensive tools and informational resources that are available 24/7 to the sales force that create independence and confidence in customer interactions.
    Provides product knowledge to other internal partners as required (Customer Care, Medical Education, etc).

Business Analysis

Perform analysis on product sales & profitability. Develop reports for senior management that include data analysis, interpretation, and recommendations based on data.
    Provide monthly unit and revenue forecasts to the appropriate internal functional partners.
    Contribute to the development of the annual sales and expense budget

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess someone did not make the urgent mandatory conference call today. Maybe this person was busy watching Lifetime movies at home.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

anyone hear that the product manager quit due to the pump lacking an internal filter thus the reason for the 510k panic for the application after a roach was found?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, no product was recalled, all products havent been frozen...sounds spot on to me

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

time for the mother ship to dump this POS product.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sounds like that is emminent.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well like I said where there is smoke there is fire. I'm looking for a new job.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Instead of posting what you are doing, just do it. Shit happens. Quit being a girl and nut up and deal with it like everyone else. It's been three days and y'all are acting like the division is shutting down tomorrow. You think this is the only med device company that deals with this??

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes, i got the letter and my customers are extremely angry. In case you did not see the letter, here you go.

June 20, 2014

Dear Valued Customer,

As a Smith & Nephew Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) customer, I am writing to advise you that the FDA has requested Smith & Nephew to cease US commercial distribution and promotion of our RENASYS* systems until the company receives appropriate regulatory clearances or authorization to resume distribution.

In late 2013 we introduced a number of enhancements to the RENASYS NPWT Systems, responding to the needs of our customers. These improvements were implemented in line with our understanding of FDA regulations governing product enhancements. However, the FDA has recently notified Smith & Nephew that the product enhancements require premarket notification 510(k) and requested us to cease US commercial distribution until this matter is resolved.

Accordingly, Smith & Nephew has ceased shipping affected RENASYS products to customers. We do not believe that there are any risks associated with the continued use of RENASYS systems for those patients currently using these devices. We are working cooperatively with the FDA to address its concerns in order to resume distribution of RENASYS products as soon as possible.

We apologize for the disruption caused and want to reassure you that we remain committed to patient safety, the efficacy of our products and developing NPWT products that reduce the human and economic cost of wounds.

The distribution hold affects RENASYS systems. The PICO* Single Use NPWT systems are not affected.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact Smith & Nephew Customer Care Center at 1-800-876-1261.

Regards,

Francois Fournier
    President, North American Advanced Wound Management

Smith & Nephew, Inc.
    970 Lake Carillon, Suite 110
    St. Petersburg, FL 33716
    Customer Care Center
    1-800-876-1261
    www.smith-nephew.com

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BOOM -Final nail on the coffin.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

stop crying... setbacks happen and this is one. there is no recall... man up and sell other products until renasys gets back online

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok you are right. My bad. The gauze is a hot seller. Huge commissions if i sell a billion.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh my no commission... welcome to the reality of the people that support you out there. we bust our ass and get no commission and suffer the same setback as you. so suck it up and sell product because thats what you are here for

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting. Last I looked at job postings on our site, the product manager position is available. What support are you talking about? Perhaps HR? You got me there.
    Oh, you must be talking about the FDA support or the newbie intern support.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's amazing to me how our OWN employees are posting this stuff to this website. I know it's public knowledge now, but keep the internal stuff (customer letter) internal. WTF is wrong with you? You must be the only person I know that has never suffered a setback in life, hence not knowing how to work through it. Be satisfied you have a flipping job. If life at SNN is that bad, quit posting on this thread and post your resume instead. Go find a job where commissions are guaranteed with zero competition. I would ask that you let us all know how the search goes based on those parameters. Good luck!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow....#52, way to show integrity and class when things get tough...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey 52....I hear KCI is hiring. Maybe you should apply there since your douche-nozzle comments aren't wanted or needed. Stupid cock-sucker.