Renasys recall

Discussion in 'Smith & Nephew' started by Anonymous, Jun 18, 2014 at 6:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha! Said the KCI rep just back from new hire training.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"fixed in a few days", "relax", etc. all I hear in SN management spinning

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm hearing there is no quick fix and the company will begin a reorganization perhaps as early as next week.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Confirmed.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Upper management, you guys could go sell cars but that would require you to get out and actually work. Bunch of tired blow hards. I passed by this small mechanic shop for small engine repair...like weedeaters and shit. Said Smith & Nephew apply here.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, they sure wouldn't want S&N management. They would want people that are capable of working. S&N management is management, they are not responsible for any work product.

I don't know what they are qualified to manage though; maybe a Taco Bell? Mini-mart/gas station?

I could see Gurav doing either of those. Him with the little headset on working the drive through.

Could you picture him behind the counter of a mini-mart?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1 week
    86 posts
    9000+ views
    so awesome

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of the 9,000 + views,
    8,999 of the views were from WOCN's and materials managers in the U.S.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This couldn't have happened to a better company. The Renasys is a joke and anyone that has sold it knew this day was coming. So if you didn't get out, no one feels bad for you. The smart ones were Dugan, Tom Luthy, and Bob K. They got out before this disaster. Think about it, even if you get the Renasys back in the next 3 months the damage has already been done. I couldn't see a reputable hospital system eve going back to this pos again. End of an era.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

S&N has mismanaged NPWT from day one. Something bad was bound to happen.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like the statement in the letter from the President, "We do not believe that there are any risks associated with the continued use of RENASYS systems for those patients currently using these devices."

The key words, "we do not believe". (Perceived as, it might be ok but not really sure).

Really?????

Corporate lawyer made him put that statement in the letter because it's not really known yet how far the risks actually go.

Any hospital that has a brain would run the other direction from S&N with written letters like they received.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't imagine S&N will continue to waste their money/time/reputation on this crap product EVEN without these recent FDA issues.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. Just had my hospital ask me about the billing for the S&N during the 510k FDA crisis.

Hospital was advised by legal department that S&N product being used during the FDA would not be reimbursed and if it is reimbursed somehow, Medicare and other insurance companies will recoup the money, plus interest.

So I am screwed short term and long term with my account. Thanks Smith & Nephew for dropping the ball and losing my customers I worked so hard to build and maintain.

Let me know how it works out for you because I am out of here from this 2nd rate company.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Customers are running and there is no short term solution.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How longis this going to last?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is not accurate. The device did have initial 510K clearance so the billing is not improper and therefore reimbursement should not apply due to 510K clearance modification issues

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Notice the keyword in the post... "should."

Wow, that's not very comforting.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, tell that to the OIG.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have lost Banner, Dignity and a few others. Good luck...said no KCI person ever!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah like the dressings are doing so well lol. We are a second rate player, M has 90% of the business and we keep changing product lines in dressings every year. Can't make up their minds what to go after, it's a bad scene at SNN.