Reorg for CV

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, Nov 9, 2017 at 10:01 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The last thread was Highjacked by NVS and PDI fighting about who is better.
    Let's talk about this possible reorg and what people are hearing and actually know.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one knows nothing...It's all heresy even the ABLS/RMs know nothing. Zero. Don't believe the hype. When it's rolled out, if it is, we will either have a conference call or receive an email..or both... but until then it's business as usual.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree ... figure out how to grow your business and then no one will have to wonder .

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believe that if it’s going to happen, is going to be prior to the meeting in January. There is a big possibility of if Entresto does not make it to 308 million or if it is too far below that number.
    I believe that the first step will be to cancel the contract with PDI. Second, they are going to reorganize the territories in a way that there will be a CV1 and CV 2, both calling on cardiologist as well as PCPs. And, depending on how they redraw a map, some territories will be eliminated. Also, both so-called CV1 and 2 will be reporting to the same manager in specific geographic areas.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The above is the more likely scenario, if anything happens. Unfortunately for PDI we are far too bloated of division to carry all of the numbers, regardless of what anyone thinks about anything or anyone.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

PDI is toast, they know it and most of them are welcoming it. NVS should just stop planing games w/ them and get it over w/.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am hoping for a teleconference first week of December. Something's gotta give. Someone on the inside knows. Just give us a clue.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard that the hiring freeze is off. Managers are actively interviewing for open positions. Could this mean that the layoffs are not happening? If we receive the invitation to attend the national meeting, then the layoffs or reorganization is not happening in this first, or second quarter of next year.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with the posts that say that nobody really knows and it is so pointless to speculate. There are always those reps that say “oh I heard that this or that is going to happen”....but they are just hearing rumors from other reps that are guessing or theorizing. What, are we to believe that Fabrice called a rep or two or even a manager and discussed the future plans of a multi-billion dollar company with them and said “but don’t tell anyone.” Please! Nobody knows anything for sure, it’s all speculation. We’ll know when they want us to know and when it’s best for the business to know...they have to protect this international company and the money it is responsible for. That’s just business. It’s ugly and it affects many lives and their livelihoods, but it’s reality. Also, in regards to getting invited to the national sales meeting, that means nothing. Everything will always have to seem like business as usual so there is no gossip or suspicion. I was part of a company in the past where everybody got invited to the meeting including actually booking all the flights and rooms and there were still massive layoffs right before the sales meeting. That’s how far these companies have to go to protect themselves and their stockholders. Losing $30,000 or so in airfare is peanuts. It’s not personal it’s just business. It’s not great for those of us in the field because we are the bottom of the totem pole and it sucks but that’s just the way it is. There will be no hints or clues until they want us to know. Period. We can all continue to guess, as that’s normal human nature, but those of you that claim to “know” something, stop...you don’t “know”

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Big changes need to take place- starting with cutting the contract sales team and a change in the culture with management.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Changing the culture of middle management would go a long way in improving morale. THe problem is the company hired a bunch of sheep and very few have the ability to think outside the box and management seems to think the field reps are incapable of making competent business decisions and treat reps like grade schoolers. If this changes, I guarantee they would see an increase in sales because when people are happy they will go the extra mile. Right now you have a disgruntled field who doesn't give a shit so just checking boxes.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nailed it! Every division has talented quality reps that have committed themselves to checking the box. How about another tracker? Check.. Another accountability grid? Check. Another meeting about the meeting? Check.. Another useless conference call? Check. All at the same time having multiple managers who direct their reps to do the opposite of the other, tripping over each other like days of the past. When you focus energy on check the box micromanaged activities, motivation declines shapely and sales results follow. Wake the f*** up and empower those on front line to make solid business decisions and treat us like adults

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ain’t that the truth!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% correct !

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% horseshit !

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know of a PDI territory that is currently conducting interviews. What does that tell you?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It tells you that today there is an opening. That's all.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely nothing. People get notified of layoffs at home office training all the time. Why would Novartis do anything that caused a drop in sales like letting people know early?