Reprocessing Study

Discussion in 'Ethicon Device' started by Anonymous, Mar 10, 2010 at 12:05 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about the instruments that are reused every day in the OR? I'm not for reprossessing, but at least it resulted in companies lowering their prices!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean the instruments that were designed and manufactured to tolerate multiple uses and sterilization cycles? What about them?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Enough with the mindless reprocessing drivel. No one cares. Give it up man. Find a hobby.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a 16 year "old timer" and came across this post & thought I would give my 2 cents: reprocessing is a marketing gimmick brought forth by JnJ & now SYK in an effort to remain profitable to Wall Street. Basically......if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Why else would these massive corporations have purchased a recycling facility? The above posters comments about reprocessing single use devices is dead on. Shouldn't be done. PERIOD. I wouldn't want to be on the table after a Ligasure device was used on another patient!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You really are an "old timer" I sold reprocessing years ago, the FDA doesn't require the single-use only label on the packaging- the OEM's started doing it in the mid 80's when everyone was scared on AIDS, why not label it that way to make more money by having the hospital buy a new one every time.

If you're an old timer- I'm sure you remember reusable trocars, which are still used by some older surgeons across the nation.

And now, I sell implants and capital- which can't be reprocessed - so I always educate my doctors and hospital facilities that they should reprocess to have more money in their budget to buy from me- and what do you know BAM- more $$ for me-

Stop selling disposable medial devices and get into the real implant sales where the money is and you won't be complaining

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your customers sure are luck that they have you to "educate" them!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hell yeah, they are lucky, I bring them value. More then you can offer

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should bill them a consulting fee, find out how much that value is worth to them.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol, it is a Billion $$ marketing gimmick. Sure wish I would have thought of it.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Talk about reprocessing, has Ethicon ever rehired a previous sales rep?

11. DJ Awesome

DJ Awesome Guest

Its nice to see the Covidien reps are trolling the Ethicon board. Sounds like this guy will be losing his LF1637 & LF4318 business very soon.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is anybody reprocessing the G2 superjaw yet?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, as this would require a clinician to agree to an initial use.

14. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Guest

No, not yet and it is not on the radar. Covidien and companies selling non-invasive items have the most to be worried about this year.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Word on the street is that Huntleigh is being very aggressive and drastically dropping their price as contracts are up for renewal. Sounds like lots of reps will being losing this business.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol. You obviously don't know shit. Ethicon didn't bring this forth. We fought this tooth and nail before we finally bought Sterilmed and that was only because Stryker took the biggest player before us. Too bad we didn't buy Ascent years ago when Lobo originally wanted to. Maybe we could have buried it before it got to big.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lobo......a blast from the past. He left at the perfect time, before the slippery slope. Wonder what he's up to these days.....oh, counting his pension and severance dollars!

18. Mr. Lobo

Mr. Lobo Guest

Its been awhile.....can anyone tell me how Ethicon's reprocessing program is going?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

pretty shitty...ethicon dumped it on Schlomo and cardiovascular. Why would they give 2 shits for reprocessing?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pretty much gone. I think Medline and Stryker are the only players anymore.