Reps per District???

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim' started by anonymous, Apr 19, 2016 at 1:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many reps will there be in each District?? The maps cover very large territories.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FAQs state 6 to 10 therapeutic reps per district, not counting Ashfield

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The territories are going to be quite a bit larger per rep thus not needing many reps to retain.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Including ashfield. They are headcount for the managers

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

State your source. I specifically asked my DM if Ashfield was included in the headcount and he claims that they are not. Who said that they are?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Save yourself the worry, it will be 2 resp respiratory reps 1 diabetes rep and one ashfield rep for primary care that will promote old product (Spiriva, combivent, etc.)in each territory. Your territory will be larger and no the company dowsn't care how massive it is. Decisions will be made off disciplinary action and level of salary. They will call it whatever they want, non production for consecutive quarters. Declining trends over a series of months. But Salary and disciplinary action is what will decide your fate. Believe it, don't believe it. I care not for your approval.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some of the reps that have been with BI for 10 plus years and great numbers think they r safe. Not true. When you look at all the big pharma companies that have downsized in past, they typically take a big chunk of the expensive high salary reps too. No matter how many rewards they have. It is all just a math equation.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The whole point of go to market is to cut costs and slash the payroll. There is a metric that has to be met and if there are a lot of tenured people in a geography a lot of them will be gone. 50% of industry standard pay is right around $65K per year which is what they pay Ashfield reps on the high end. That's what they are aiming for in primary care, it's a dying beast at every other company too.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't you mean "1 respiratory ?" Why would there be 2?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What do you mean "disciplinary action"? And how do you know that these are the factors being looked at?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I thought it was last 2 years of performance rankings and, of course, who has the lowest base salary (omitting for the moment the fact that we are 20% underpaid to begin with)

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did I studder?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh cute you believe what upper management tells you. Salary and if you are on a plan. Most likely your on plan because you are either old, overpaid, or a dunce the manager was forced to hire. My proof is ask any rep who has gone through this recently. BI is not reinventing the industry,they re slapping lipstick on a german pig

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No smart ass you didn't, but your assertion that they will have 2 respiratory reps makes no sense. Your head is clearly - up your ass!!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The way it's done is; BI hired Boston consulting group they give the criteria of how the placement will be done. This is how the major pharm companies like Pfizer do it also. Nothing to do with age or salary. This will be provided in writing when you get your severance package. It will show how your were judged on the already given criteria.
    Believe what you want. Ask a Pfizer rep who was laid off they even go down to which rep lives closer to the workload center in cases that are tied.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Read the earnings statement...diabetes is the driver of future success. Based on that, I would think they would have more reps selling the diabetes portfolio.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That would make sense. But it all depends on how the partnership was established currently Lily has more reps than we do. Plus our products are the ones right now that are the future.
    You would think we would add to our diabetes salesforce in the coming year.

I heard Lily is expanding this fall .

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, fire the employees and hire contract. Fits BI's past behavior.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And ofcourse the SMART ASS doesn't know how to spell STUTTER :)