Respiratory Biologic

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, May 16, 2021 at 11:19 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yep. start date supposedly in late summer. i know of at least 5 externals who went through panel but weren't hired. both territories i know of hired internal.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am external I was told start date is August 9? I probably asked for too much money?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have heard external respiratory biologic reps are around $160-170K

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BASE or at plan?? No way base is that high.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lolol joy unless you’re talking base and commission. Max base is $130k if you’re experienced

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If that is the case, no wonder why they are hiring a high percentage of internal.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ is not getting experienced biologic reps for 130k unless they are running from something

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are hiring mostly internals now. Several years ago we rarely promoted from within. We have tried to change our culture & now mostly promote from within.
    Intervals do not receive much financial compensation for being promoted & yes they are much cheaper to hire.
    External candidates are on the outside looking in for the most part.
    We are not going to pay $140 or $150k base for this position

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one should. Crazy money for the time spent actually working.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

wow what a sad way to look at your value. if you don’t think you are worth 140-150 then why should AZ? Look at the profit the biologics are producing, biologic reps should be well paid just like Oncology reps.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

First off, ONC reps shouldn't be paid that kind of $ either. Second, self worth? Yours, like most in pharma is way over-inflated.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go back to renting cars and shut the fuck up

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

THIS!

It’s easy to complain about salaries as an internal but the fact that they are really trying to hire from within and it shows is great from my point of view.

Otherwise everyone would be upset they were not given a chance! Tell me I’m wrong!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While its great that they're finally trying to hire from within which by the way is something they should been doing all along, the problem is that they're still slighting their own. First they wouldn't hire them, now they'll hire them but they won't pay them. why should it matter if you're internal or external when you're doing the same job. what makes an external candidate better or that much better to warrant such a huge pay disparity? they just can't seem to get it right. its like they want their employees to do the right thing but then when it comes to living their own values its like values what values

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How difficult is it for you to understand these external people are getting paid more for their previous experience in resp biologics. You don't have this experience, therefore you don't deserve the same pay. Its not about doing the same job. Brand new hires into pharma with zero experience are doing the same job as you, do you think they deserve to get paid the same as an inhaled rep with 15 years experience? Pull your head out of your ass and be thankful they are giving internal people the opportunity to gain this biologics experience.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are hiring internal for Fasenra and majority external for teze. This is how they are avoiding the complete debacle from last time, So technically, they can say they hired from mostly within, but it’s still total bull!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is the start date for the new Fasenra team? I was told August 9, is that still the date?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is not true. Both teams are hiring the vast majority internally.