Respiratory Business Owner

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Feb 4, 2018 at 3:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haha. Ya, right.
    I feel so demotivated. Our region prides itself on claiming that we each are true business owners. Couldnt be furthur from the truth. Really, telling us we cant call on "C's" and "D's", who drive a ton of scripts for Anoro and Breo in my area???? So Crazy. Yet, management wants our call average to increase, calling on the same people and tripping over each other. Buddy, Buddy, Buddies, where is my support teammates. And for those that say I'm acting entitled, spoiled, etc and just go out there and sell, my market share is way above the Nation.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True salespeople with true character do not brag. That is below us.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bragging may be below, but what about the children? Is that below you too?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are way out there now......on the far side.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You mean where the children’s business is?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OP is obviously a field rep. Other commentators are not, ranging from frustrated bottom-feeding lawyer to PR Boy types.
    Truth is - none of us in the field are even close to being business owners. FLLs are really FLFollowers. RVPs are mostly temporary rotational positions. HCPs are denying us access. We fake calls.
    HCPs are denying access. We fake calls.
    HCPs are denying us access. We fake calls. RVPs and FLLs know this, they want their jobs protected so the boat is never rocked.
    We are not business owners.
    We are NOT business owners, we are employees trying not to rock the boat. Trying to climb the ladder, just survive, or somewhere in-between.
    We are FORCED to not care about the business. It's part of the inane system which now does not count prescriptions from "D" segment customers, only the targets A-C released from marketing and whom we must ruthlessly call on with insane frequency - regardless of access - document the call, ignore those good potential new MD's and midlevels who see a lot of new patients and actually have time for us for their first year before they get too busy.
    A business owner would look for scripts wherever they can be found. A new product (Trelegy) needs focus and discipline, OK for a narrow call focus. Not so for Anoro and Breo where we would be better off prospecting. But no, those scripts don't count.
    Be an employee and goose-step to management's stupid directives. Watch those idiots panic when the numbers don't come in as expected.
    Business owners are being targeted for extinction here, and have been for awhile. Message-monkeys and butt kissers win the kudos.
    I'm a field rep who has seen more than most over 20+ years, and know what I'm talking about.
    Let the trolls comment...

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Truth.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are closers and there are losers. You, sir, are the latter

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go climb back under your cubicle you corporate slut

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on. COE winner here, 10th straight year and still closing hard.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

COE winner of kissing your managers ass? No rewards for sales anymore so not sure what you mean.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

just another bragging kid

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Glengarry Glen Ross Territory, he won the steak knives.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whoa!!! In addition to our stellar bonus of about $250 before taxes some regions got an ice chest!!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The moment my FLL told our team that we’re “business owners” I almost pissed myself. We are not business owners, not even close. With roughly 40% access to HCPs and told to call on A-C targets it’s a farce. Quietly they’ve stopped preaching that and now it’s, back to a canned pitch using “I’m here to convince you to Rx...”

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

not hard”convincing” anyone that this place is a quagmire

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why don’t they hire talking monkeys or chimps?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How is everyone doing with their "CoCo????"

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Probably because they have a soul!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True that... All this could be handled by phone or online; request for samples, new product information, recalls, etc. "Reps" quickly going the way of the lowly snail darter.