Respiratory Managers Meeting

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Sep 18, 2019 at 5:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Left GSK earlier this year....for biotech.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If the history of the DJIA holds true....it should double twice by the time I retire.....not including what I put in and get matched.....Bear in mind catch up contributions in 6 years....I’m 44. I left GSK earlier this year...writing on the wall....shoot...the writing is all over the wall, on billboards, lit up on Time Square, etc

I was responding to the person who said being in this industry over 2 years is for losers. I vehemently disagree...very lucrative if you are good at what you do at a good company that takes care of its people. GSK used to be that....but not anymore. I left for biotech/Biologics and couldn’t be happier. But I do miss the friends I made while at GSK. Was there a looooong time

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't forget 2008-2009.... keeping cash on hand personally-- been there done that. Maybe i'm stupid but it seems history repeats itself

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It does....and then you buy everything on sale....and then it rebounds. Volatility is good. The key is to move your money to more stable investments when you get 5 yrs from retirement.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well perhaps if you applied yourself when you were in school you would not have to ask that question. See your BA in communications, isn't a science background, and gives you zero credibility. Next life bud! Your screwed in this one!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NOBODY hiring for sales jobs in pharma or biotech gives a rip about a degree in a science related field. Just for MSL’s

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Used to be that you needed to be a nurse, or pharmacists now they just hire worthless morons. This is why you have no credibility.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just curious.....what color is the sky? The earth....flat or round?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who cares, just strap on that name tag and get my lunch ordered and here on time.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Would love to....but remember that Starbucks order you demanded a week ago? That was your monthly “exchange of value.” And I lost my badge for the upteenth time....not reordering. I’ll just lose it again. We both know my name and what I sell so that’s going to have to be good enough.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haven't heard a whisper yet about the Calibration meeting earlier this week. What percentage of sales reps will find themselves on the wrong side of the bell curve this time? But just remember, if you are one of the poor unfortunate bastards that get a "C" rating, your calibration score will not affect your bonus, so we have been told. True enough in the short term, but it will affect your status in the next layoff. So many good people have been let go in the past because they didn't go RAH RAH on L2W calls or send in enough useless spreadsheets and "trackers" to their FLL and resend countless emails to "remind" everyone of something. Total BS.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very sad system we have created. Over the years I've seen stellar representatives given average ratings. On the flip side, I've seen mediocre reps given outstanding ratings. There are a variety of reasons but the worst reason is sales performance. Yes, sales performance. Our industry is unique beyond any other industry. What the company fails to understand, what managers fail to understand, is that there are many factors outside of a reps control that vary from one territory to the next. One of the most common is that one reps territory may have two docs, yes just two physicians, who have a ton of volume and who write the crap out of a medication. For whatever reason they just prescribe. That same rep may not have any other physicians really doing much of anything but those two will carry them. It's just a lucky thing. You also have managed care variances. Patient social economic variances. Bottom line, we are not sales people. We are an extension of marketing. Let's face it, this division is headed for the scrap pile. Those who remain will have to deal with more of the same micro-management. We will be belittled and treated as an adolescent. Enjoy the holidays because 2020 will be much more of the same old GSK crap.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very nicely written. Are you field or FLL, or even RVP?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Word on da street is, $hit going down in June of 2020. Word is, another 30% cut. GSK just trying to get every last penny out of us during respiratory season. If you can get out before the market is flooded with more reps on the job market, now is the time to get interviews lined up for the new year. That's the word!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

loser

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fat gay troll. I’ll stomp the packed gay shit out of you political board ass pirate!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? Wow!! Nice post. So much anger and homophobia. I think thou protest too much. So either the truth hurts and you realize the truth of more layoffs to come or you are gay. Which is it?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reason some people are so angry is that they don't like to hear the truth. Da word on the street is correct! Primary Care is dead! Ask yourself this uncomfortable question. What is the difference between you and an embedded Syenos rep? The only difference is that you make 2x more than them. Compensation, benefits, etc. GSK is not making enough profit to maintain all of you. If they were, they never would have gotten rid of the Breo team. So as new competitors emerge and more generics surface, market share declines. There are two ways to fix this problem. 1. Raise the price of the elpita portfolio. Which is unlikely due to managed care contracts etc. 2. Layoff GSK reps and hire a skeleton contracts sales force ie Syneos. People, your days are numbered. I don't have an exact timeline but I would guess no more than two years max before the next re-org. If you are sticking around thinking you will be saved, you are taking a huge gamble. This applies to both field reps and FLLs. I am offering you sage advice. Unless you are ready to retire in the next two to three years, you should be actively looking for other employment. There are jobs out there. You just have to get the motivation to begin interviewing. Or, you can respond like the angry homophobic person and deny reality. Peace out!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

winner. Doesn’t write just punchlines

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hate to break it to you but all pharma rep jobs on the line. With the evolution of cutting drug pricing and more political pressure to control pricing your position will become obsolete. Pharma squeezing out profits right now but your days are numbered. Perhaps a few specialty reps in some disease states but things will change. If you are young you should be looking at alternative career paths.