Respiratory Specialty Lay Offs

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Jan 22, 2020 at 11:10 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So I am 66, retired, just diagnosed with eosinophic (sp?) asthma and qualify for biologic therapy. Is Medicare covering this? Because I sure as hell cannot afford 20% of a $4800 dose several times per year. I will titrate down from a current prednizone therapy over the next 2-3 weeks, and started Symbicort last week. Symbicort is $370/mo. I have found a generic through CanadaRx that I can get from India for $115 for 3 inhalers.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m out of the business a few years and didn’t work for AZ, however most/many major companies like AZ have programs available to defray costs... you should look into this as while it’s a PITA paperwork wise it can save you big coin and hopefully keep you on drug that is working.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most allergists are fucking idiots that are more interested in giving allergy shots than treating anything else. $$$$

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I used to be in the business as well, and I have scoured every site I can find. Because of Medicare Part D, which is considered government sponsored, there aren't any cost savings options. Symbicort is covered on some other Part D formularies (Tier 3, 4, or 5), I just need my insurance person to find them before October when I can change my plan. That's OK, there is more than 1 way to skin a cat, and if it means ordering from India, then so be it. There are very good generic manufacturers there. I am not at all concerned about the quality. Now, if it was coming from China, Mexico or one of the Central American countries, I'd step back and think about it.

Getting old is not for sissies. I just thank God, I learned about all this stuff when I was a rep and living the high life. What's amazing to me is there are still a lot of folks do not know to ask for samples every time they go see a doctor if that doctor is prescribing a branded drug.

I blame all this on smoking in my younger years.....quit 21 years ago, and it is just now coming back to bite me in the ass.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's why I go see a Pulmonologist.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow nothing different. Please explain SD,SP, ASOCs, and buy and bill to me. I would love to hear your explanation. Oh and tell me the last time a no see doctor called you from their cell phone and asked questions about your drug and told you how it changed a patients life. Or when you job included more BC time than having a doctor sign. And please tell me what. BC is. Would love to know what you say it is....I’ve done both and they couldn’t be more different from a resource perspective. We don’t make 10 calls a day with 6 sample signaturesfor one sample to prove where I was. You are working in the same geo for over a decade talking about fast onset in a generic market. Cheers. Your limited training... oh and promoting F doesn’t take away from your Symbicort business you take them together....heard that more Than once
    Take you test again cheers!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're a walking advertisement, that's it. You don't devise strategies, utilize critical thinking, root-cause analysis, or do anything that we could not find 50 other people to do for half of your salary. Also, there are tens to hundreds of phrases for which those acronyms could stand, stop acting like you're in a highly specialized field. Moron.

Regards.

HQ Manager

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is the update on Respiratory Specialty Layoffs? Does anyone have an updated timeframe? And, what percent of our sales force will be cut?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is the update on Respiratory Specialty Layoffs? Does anyone have an updated timeframe? And, what percent of our sales force will be cut?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Idiots, there is no layoff. Perhaps an expansion even. Trolls stirring up muck. Move along, no news here.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Expansion?! What are you delusional? Symbicort is dropping, only 1 team left with Bevespi the loser drug and daliresp is not really being promoted. Triple is going to be a dog as the market hasn’t embraced gsk triple. More likely decrease in head count not an expansion.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you go back to the beginning of this thread, you will see that the lay offs were in reference to the biologics team, not RST. You are quite right to be worried about layoffs with the inhaled team, but the biologics team will likely have an expansion in the next 12 months or so, not a reduction in head count.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

First...I have no dog in this fight and respect everyone that goes out and works hard everyday. But the above poster is SPOT ON. I used to work at GSK....sold both their respiratory portfolio and then Nucala. After gaining buy & bill, ASOC, and SPP experience and performing well I was recruited away. Clinically...it’s the same job. But that’s it. Could write a book about the other differences so I won’t try. Most PCP reps don’t know what they don’t know about this type of role.

But....a highly motivated and smart PCP rep can learn it. Took me a solid year to really understand and put it all together. It wasn’t easy. Going in I was confident. Probably too confident after winning Winner’s Circle 8 out of 11 years before they stopped recognizing sales performance. But I got there....and broke through with another Performance Circle (they brought back recognition on sales finally) award silently laughing at all the naysayers who told me a PCP rep with no Biologics experience was worth adding to the team (had those at GSK too)....so I get where some of these PCP posters are coming from.....but you should tap the brakes a little bit.

So my message is this. Both sides have a point. It’s requires a more advanced skill set for sure. But it can be learned. It’s just most PCP reps (across the industry...not picking on AZ PCP) don‘t have the acumen and grit required to succeed in a Biologics role. Some of you absolutely do...just not that common.

In conclusion, I’d get out of small molecule/non-specialty sales ASAP. It’s a dying sector....a lot of graveyard companies and divisions. Amgen, Biogen, AbbVie, Gilead, Biologics divisions of AZ, Novartis, Lilly, GSK, Janssen......that’s where you need to be for stability.....fastest growing category for CVS/Caremark and ESI spending is on specialty Biologics and it will continue to grow. Look at where the research dollars are being spent by pharma and biotech as well. Plus.....the total comp is tons better.

Hope you could this both helpful and a balanced perspective.

Peace!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone have any idea on what impact this Covid-19 Hiatus will have on the Fasenra Restructuring?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh get over yourselves! I went from 15 years selling basic primary care pills to biologics and it took less than 3 months before I understood the process better than 80% of the salesforce at a one of these big pharmaceutical companies. I went from the bottom to top 15% in a year. I’m not looking for a pat on the back, here. I just get so sick of this crap about how much harder biologics or a certain specialty are or how long it takes to learn. If you are intelligent, it’s not that hard. Unfortunately, our industry is full of a lot of people who are lacking when it comes to book smarts and/or motivation. Half can’t even operate their damn iPads as well as a 6 year old, and most need spoon fed everything. This is what happens when you spend decades hiring hot girls and ex-athletes - you are left with a bunch of spoiled morons.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nobody wants to read your pablum post. You are nothing but a sandwich boy. Peace

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Says the fat retarded redneck lgbt butt muncher.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are absolutely right but the biologic folks have to try and keep the narrative alive that it takes a special kind of person to do their job. Will be very interesting to see if the Resp Inhaled has success. It will open many eyes to what biologics wasn't able to do.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I do think it’s going to be challenging to get PCP’s to Prescribe Fasenra especially with the whole covid thing going on right now! Offices are short staffed and very stretched. After going through training, I’m not sure what the whole mystery of but and bill is..it’s learnable if you pay attention and are intelligent!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They don't even need to do B&B. All about resources at their disposal.

21. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So effing true! I have a similar background and story but at GSK. Sold Nucala. Agree with everything you said