Respiratory

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, May 13, 2023 at 4:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone else hear Novartis has pulled out of respiratory completely except to wrap up a couple of legacy clinical projects. They recently eliminated the research team in NIBR following the same fate as the development team last year. Kept this quiet!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Eventually Vas will run out of people to fire and divisions/products to sell off.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No more respiratory division globally and Xolair team not falls under the “established products” umbrella. With the failure of several compounds there’s not really a pipeline. Xolair continues to be profitable for the company which is probably why they still have a sales team until biosimilars next year or the year after

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Respiratory is a high potential emerging area in pharma with recent advances. This once productive area at Novartis was ridden into the ground by lack of investment due to poor decision making from divisional heads and CEO. I put money this will come full circle in a couple of years like everything else at Novartis when the current ‘focused’ pipeline inevitably flops and vas is scrambling for assets to sell. By then anyone that knows anything about this area will have moved on in - classic novartis playbook

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think he’s already looking or has looked into to selling Xolair, at least there have been multiple articles around the subject . But who would buy a drug that is 20 years old with multiple asthma competitors and a biosimilar less than 2 years away? Xolair generates over 3 billion globally so there would be a hefty price tag to sell

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s not about who would buy Xolair, but It’s about being impossible to accurately forecast the revenues for Xolair over the next few years and beyond. Pending Food allergy indication, biosimilar erosion, partnership w Genentech, etc. All I know is, year after year, the respiratory team consistently hits their numbers and drives revenue for this company, while other disease states constantly complain and point fingers as to why they are failing. That is something that should be celebrated and not pontificated for the negative ninnies that spend the day on CP.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Genentech owns 56% of this drug. There is a contract between the two companies. Novartis would have to sell off to someone and it won't be Genentech their 44% stake. People in Respiratory hate it. No pipeline after selling off several molecules and they were then merged with Optha and then they sold off several Optha molecules as well. People are getting out of Respiratory because of the extremely bad management and lack of future. The four disease states moving forward in 2024 are Oncology, Neuroscience, Immunology and Cardiovascular...NO Respiratory!!!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am currently interviewing for an open position. Just curious - people are getting out of respiratory because of bad managers or more senior leaders? Last thing I want is to work for an a-hole

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BOTH!!!! VP of Sales named Tad is an A-HOLE to the biggest degree. RD Ali I know is a complete A-HOLE! Managers will ride with you 4 days a week to reach their stupid out of reach KPI's! I know they had a national sales meeting back in March and just about every Respiratory rep is checked out and just collecting a paycheck and looking to leave that division, period.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Known Tad for over 10 years. Salt of the earth!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Managers in the field four days a week? That is torture hell! For reps, managers and the customers. No customer wants to see a manager that often, in fact they don’t want to see them EVER. It was difficult to bring managers into offices pre Covid, forget about post Covid it’s next to impossible. Thanks for the warning! I don’t need to leave the company I’m at for constant babysitting useless field rides

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah whatever!!! He's pushing people out of both Respiratory and Optha....I've seen it happen! Oh they ALL were high performers!!!!