Retention program

Discussion in 'OPKO Renal' started by anonymous, Mar 28, 2017 at 3:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

J&J to Market $100K Treatment for Workaholics

Every company hates to see star executives leave after shelling out resources on intensive recruitment, years of expensive training, and investment in star employees. Yet a new survey by CEB Research indicates that almost 50% of executives last fewer than 18 months after a job hop or promotion.

To combat this burnout trend, consumer products giant Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) has created a new intensive program, launched Monday, that offers a package for overworked employees. For $100,000 a head, the program includes a personal physiologist, dietitian, executive coach, and myriad other special and personalized services.

A Corporate-Culture Shift
    J&J has spent the past year testing its new Premier Executive Leadership program on its own executives with the goal of keeping them in top physical, mental and emotional shape. “Leaders aren’t a set of skills and tools. They’re a human being,” said the head of J&J’s Human Performance Institute, responsible for developing the program. “Many of these leaders arrive in these roles without being equipped with how to stay healthy and resilient.” Now the New Brunswick, N.J.-based multinational firm will market the program to other Fortune 100 companies.

J&J’s new anti-burnout offering will also allow the firm to tap into the estimated $1 billion high-growth executive coaching industry. As corporate cultures are disrupted by a new incoming executive class of Millennials, startups and traditional multinational companies have recognized that their new employees seek to merge their professional and personal lives more than their predecessors.

In order to retain top talent, firms have been forced to invest small fortunes in their top employees. According to Bloomberg, the burned-out CEO makes 373 times as much as his or her similarly burned out employees and costs an average of $1.8 billion in shareholder value to replace after a sudden departure. (See also: Johnson & Johnson Wins Talcum Powder Lawsuit.)

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dr F has a similar program. It's called get the fuck out of here!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Probably more worthless stock.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It would be nice if we had a CASH retention program. I think $20,000.00 per RSS, that stays until the end of Sept., sounds great to me. No one has made $20k in bonus which is less than we were told when we interviewed (yeah, I know that they will blame that on JM but it doesn't change things).

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would frost retain anyone here? We're at around 20% to forecast. We're lucky to still have jobs at this point. Are you really that dumb?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes Chris, I am that dumb. I believed all of the lies and came to work here. How does it feel to have the most vacant territories, still be last in the country and have only 2 reps that work?
    Good luck getting the National Sales Director job.
    Tom can't be that stupid. HE is a smart man.
    He WILL hire the right person!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its more like 18% Heads will roll.

8. Yes Team Amgen will save the company, boy how inspirational. Tom's running out of people to blame. Everyone knows he is the problem. Lord forbid you think outside the Amgen box. Good people leave and the junk stays, gladly serving Dr. Frost. Here is some advice to Tom, when walking around look people in eye and say Good Morning.There is no return program that can save Opko at this point. It's a terrible place to work period.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Chris is way smarter than Tom. As for you, I hope chris is the NSD. You will be exposed as a fraud and either fired or quit because you're under pressure. You'll blame it on everything but yourself. Pathetic loser.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then WHY is his district last? HE was able to hire whomever he wanted.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GREAT point!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

$20k for a retention bonus is not enough to have to stay and listen to all the lies on the Town Hall. The Top 10 reps will probably not make OVER $7500.00 much less the rest of the sale's force. How do they think 5k is worth all this BS (target the Top AVD even though there isn't Medicare coverage, expand your physician base - du huh).

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Harv and MB had a baby and called it Carnival after what we have been trying to get out of for the last 6 months. Seems like the Fun House isn't fun anymore as it's run by a bunch of Bozos who think Opko Renal is the Greatest Show on Earth.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'll stay for $20K through the end of Sept. pay me cash not stock, up front so I can pay my bills I've racked up here keeping my car on the road while not making any money on bonus.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You mean they named him Circus, perfect and well stated.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Copper wire indeed!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen. CASH TO STAY!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unless you are in the Top 5, they don't care about you.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Copper wire precursor for everyone!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So get in the top 5