Retirement Question

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Apr 2, 2015 at 7:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After a successful 20 year career with JNJ, I became a statistic of age discrimination. No true pay raise for four years, as I was above the salary band. Never a below standards rating, but suddenly I was hit with a below standards letter, then a PIP based on the subjectivity of not meeting minimum competencies for the job description. Luckily I was just over the age of 55 and opted to retire early. The sad part is that the last year with JNJ, I was subjected to an unbearable stress level that resulted in severe weight loss, angina that required a nuclear stress test, and management tactics that caused me to doubt myself or the first time in my life.

The upside is that after a couple of months of separation from JNJ, I was sought out by former competitors. I now have a new job with a company that respects and appreciates my experience..

Bottom line here is that there is a life after JNJ. I drank the Credo Koop-Aid for years and learned the hard way that it is merely window dressing and has no true merit.

It is sad that this site has so many smart ass people that make sophomoric posts and question the reality of what goes on with JNJ and their practices.

Please know that regardless of what this corporation does to you, there is the possibility of a better situation and opportunity.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I and many others are experiencing now what you already have. I am very happy to hear that you are thriving after leaving this company. I have quite a few other friends who have left (55 +) and are now doing even better than most of their younger mangers at J&J.
    Nice to read good stuff like this on here. Thanks for sharing your experience.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too left J&J after 20 years of dedicated service. I was at a Director level and with a great team of people reporting to me. However, when I had vacant positions within my organization, I was arm twisted by my VP and HR to hire less qualified, younger, diversity candidates to ensure my operating company satisfied their "diversity quotas". Additionally, during workforce reductions over the past years, I was forced to drive out more tenured, older employees. It was a numbers game and became too uncomfortable for me to continue working in that environment. It also became uncomfortable for me to defend J&J when approached by friends and professional colleagues at other organizations when they would cite news articles regarding J&J's HCC violations and/or disregard for patient safety.
    And yes, the J&J Credo became merely a plaque hanging in our lobby and conference rooms, but clearly none of the values it embodied were embraced by the newest generation of leadership.
    I am now a VP at a large multi-national corporation with a strong moral compass and ethical business practices. I sleep much better at night knowing I work for an organization whose values match my personal values.

I've also opted to no longer carry J&J in my stock portfolio as I know longer feel confident about the future of J&J and prefer to align my investment strategy with organizations posessing stronger leadership.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's refreshing to read insightful, honest comments that encourage others to leave this deteriorating organization. Thank you very much and good luck as you continue to contribute your skills and talents in a meaningful way.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Somebody tell Carla to shut up. That crazy blotch has no business working here let alone being a manager. If that were a dude she would be long gone. 100% walking lawsuit if you ask me. Who even hired this nut case. How does she get away with saying thing like "Bob walks around dragging his knuckles and who is winning the contest on having the smallest balls this month". Is top management just afraid, stupid or deaf? Ugly sigh of what is yo come since HR is letting this stuff slide. I would rather leave and starve then stay and be publicly ridiculed by this crazy dirt bag. She is going to make it hard for other minorities that want to be moved up after her antics.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You and your manager are Rambo, ironman, superman, etc. God damn are you tough! That's telling those doctors where the bear shit in the buckwheat. I'm sure they give a rats ass what experts in your company think. Remicade is dead. We've bribed all the doctors we can.
    You and your genius manager will be working for some sorry ass contract company very soon.
    Jackass!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must have me confused with those rheumatology franchise losers. I work for GI and this is where the leadership and the sales superstars resides. And the field is wide open for the reps that want to grab the fruits from it, as my regional director says. "You see a fruit tree, you take the low hanging apples, and while some reps go to another tree, you climb up to the top and make a hot apple pie!" That's a quote from him and he motivates people like nobody else. He isn't going contract and I'm not either or neither my DM. We're here for the long haul. Did you know that Stelara is going to get a GI indication down the road? IBD is where it's at, baby! We'll be showing the derm reps how to sell a doc and CLOSE THEM DOWN! I have a strategy that works and I'll share a little of it with you.
    You know when you ask a doc for the next let's say ten patients and then you close him by asking him that he really will? Yeah, you do. Well instead of going back two weeks later on my routing and asking him if he did it, I GO BACK THE NEXT DAY. Yes, the NEXT DAY. And I'll say, Hey doc I was following up on something with your staff and I thought I'd ask you how it went putting all those patients on Remicade. NOW HE KNOWS YOU ARE WATCHING HIM! And that is what I call my "special" close. Of course he will say yes, but now he HAS TO PROVE IT TO YOU so for the next day or so all he is going to be doing is putting patients on Remicade. Now, you go back two weeks later. Hey doc, remember those ten patients you gave me, you start to say, and he will almost always say, Hey, I ended up giving you even more. Remicade is a great drug!
    Now most normal people would stop right there, but I'm not normal. So I say, Doc, we're what I would consider friends now, and how about calling some of those Humira patients in and saying, You know what, I don't think that Humira is working for you, so I'm switching you to Remicade.
    And what do you do after he agrees. Yeah, now you're learning: YOu go in AGAIN THE NEXT DAY!
    Okay, that's all I'm giving you. It's a little more than your usual Sales 101. It's more like Sales a Million and 1.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How can you give away secrets like this? What if our competition reads it? TAKE THIS POST DOWN!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get over yourself, Mr Wonderful. You're tactics are nothing new. The next ten patient bull crap is older than dirt, and just as the rest of your revelations are. The only thing you've written that's absolutely accurate is that you aren't normal.
    You are so full of shit. Do you really think you actually intimidate drs to use your crap? That they're scared that you're watching them? OMG are you delusional.
    You need a shrink. Your days are numbered, drs will get very sick of you very quickly. If they don't, they are very shitty doctors.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If any competitor doesn't already know this garbage, they're pretty weak reps.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree. This guy is a sociopath! What a piece of work! The way he boasts about himself is pathetic. Huge ego making up for his small penis!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dudes, you might not think it works, but you're probably old and stale. My RBD has been to President's club like--a gazillion times, so much that our region calls him Mr. P Club. What he does is a thing called proven. That means it proves it works. The docs are timid and you take advantage of that, man. A lot of them have just been in this country a few years and they expect that as the American way of doing business.
    You catch more flies with a fly swatter than you do honey, dudes. (My regional director came up with that one so I can't take credit for it but I wish I could. The guy is awesome with words. He can sell and close ANYONE!)

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Plus, do you guys even WORK for JBI? Because you might not get it: We're selling biologics here! Whole different game, more like device but even harder.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think this was all meant as a joke.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If post #87 had a brain he would be dangerous. And this is supposedly someone who works here. Well, that is what you get these days. Quite comical.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That bullshit is old. Biologics, drugs, cosmetics/ bio logics, toys, device, used cars....all the same. You have it or you don't. So shut the F$&f up and grow up. You're no better than anyone else. Sales is sales. A monkey can replace you .

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DUDE!!!! You and your regional director are rock stars! I bow to you both. Pure genius!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

An imbecilic crack head. No other explanation.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think the idiot poster is someone joking around. I work at JBI and the GI franchise is rampant with these types of characters. They swagger around, ogle women, talk about their fast cars and strip bars, many take steroids and are muscle-bound beyond belief, and they are led by regional directors who are the same and a national sales director who the "in boys" all call "The Fabs." (A variation of his last name, which I won't use because I think it's inappropriate to use full names here.
    The company also has some very capable and talented though modest people who are being forced out by the every growing size of this "Billionaire Boyz Club," as some call themselves.
    Our leadership calls JBI "The Crown Jewel" of J&J. Well, I don't see any precious diamonds, rubies or emeralds, just fakes. It's really all costume jewelry.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your just jealous because the Fabs is cool and all the babes like him, dude. We win and you losers don't like it.