Reuters: Bydureon Falls Short of Victoza!

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Mar 3, 2011 at 10:11 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FYI--if you think those that are using Victoza instead of Byetta are doing it b/c one is QD and the other is b.i.d., then you guys haven't learned shit from your years of promoting Byetta. I can't say I'm surprised.

As far as the Bydureon clock goes....it's been ticking a LONG, LONG time. The batteries are getting low at this point.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brother, the dude who posted the quote prior is for the most part correct. If you think we expanded the understanding of GLP-1 you are mistaken. We went out with a very limited understanding. We didn't really understand this hormone...we simply took advantage of the Amylin reps selling of the science. And believe me, they know it a lot better than us or Lilly combined. They're good. So, here come us, and we wanted sales fast. So, what did we do? Told them a little bit about the missing hormone, and a bit of what it does....but most of all....it's a once a day....not a twice day like Byetta. And guess what...that message sold great. So give me a break about your (and due respect) naive thinking that we here at Novo are pushing the science with great voice. The dude earlier was right. QD sells, and once a week will sell even better.
    The batteries may be getting low, but their not dead. That damb once week is coming, and we're in trouble. You can take that to the bank.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We'll agree to disagree. Pushing QD may have worked for you, that's not what we did. We sold the science, and we sold superior efficacy and tolerability. Our docs were dissatisfied with Byetta, not just b/c of the b.i.d. dosing. Different place, different strategy. Ours worked well (2 territories and the DBM are COE bound).

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I not arguing with you about our messaging. We did the same thing as you. However, we fueled the tolerability issue. We talked about our less nausea, but that worked for about a week....why?....because we cause the same % of nausea. It's a class effect (lets not kid ourselves). We may have a bit more A1C drop, but it's little in regard to clinical impact. Hence, it boiled down to our fueling the "doc, it's easy QD,and the patient won't forget their second shot...blah..blah..blah. And again, I say....it worked.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? You may want to go check your own data. Don't sound stupid--it's not good for sales.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With all the Novo reps out there, you could have expanded this marked beyond belief. But, you didn't. Yes you grew it a some, but not even close to where Byetta was when it launched. The current marked share of Byetta is down for a variety of reasons (and I'm sure you'll comment with an uninformed rep position), but you're wrong. I won't go into it. I want to point out that your company did an awful job growing the GLP-1 class. You have a ton of reps, and their limited knowledge blew a great opportunity. Thanks for nothing you morons.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hilarious! Thanks for the post! I love a good laugh at the expense of an idiot!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The guy in the earlier post was right. We did launch Victoza wrong. We could have expanded the market far greater than what we did. You mean to tell me that we don't have a far better understanding of GLP-1 now than when we launched? Of course we do. Just think if we had that great understanding when we launched. Think about it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would just like to say you all bitch at each other about you respective competitors, but you know if you were headhunted by them for big bucks you would go!!

Always remember today's competitor may be tomorrows employer

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3 points:

1)I guess you have worked for all the companies
    2) There is a word called "pride"...look it up
    3) please correct....."each other about YOUR"

Once you have corrected then please continue your rant....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get in the real world.....no competitor will pay you "big bucks" , maybe $5000 - $7000 more max if they are desperate

So please use a realistic example. You sound like a rookie rep.....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are you chatting aboout. I'm sorry to offend you but I am physician working in new York and have seen reps work for competitor organisations all the time.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really me too, we should hang out

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only if you're hot!!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My doctor friend, this is not a dating site

Out of interest do you RX any diabetes products?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typical doctor looking out for "hot" reps...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the writer of the post is aware that this not a dating site you fool.

Out of interest do you promote any products??!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So it seems Lilly vs Novo at present, Novo may struggle with LAR

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But you didnt have to sell shiyit.... the fact that byetta is bid and as I told you novo reps from day one... sell the simplicity, one shot a day, gives breakfast, lunch and dinner coverage. Then the part comes in about less nausea. You Mr or Mrs. great novo rep didnt have to sell shiyit there, it sold itself.

So dont walk around thinking you are some clinical goddess etc. That didnt sell at all. One shot a day, less nausea sold. Clinical was 3rd. If your don't know this, then you have a long way togo. Its all amout compliancy. Will patients be more compliant taking. Less shots is best. Januvia has no efficacy but its oral... get it...

Wow, I am gone for months and I just stop in to review this board, and some idiot gets on here with this dumb mess. Come on Novo, i expect better.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good post... ... signed Lilly boy.