Reuters: Bydureon Falls Short of Victoza!

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Mar 3, 2011 at 10:11 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny post. Lilly and Amylin failed with Byetta. Novo didn't. If you think all we did was sell like is stated above, then you've missed the boat. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE sell Bydureon solely based upin QW when it comes out. When it goes nowhere, you'll know why. Thanks for a great post--I need a good laugh to start the day!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Based on upon the sales of Victoza I would not think Novo has any room to talk. 1 year later and Byetta is still getting roughly the same amount of new rx...

As for how you all sell it, I can careless how you sell it, it not doing good however your selling it. Bydureon will sell and the lilly reps that carry it will sell it on 1 shot a week, and greater efficacy and less side effects. Equaling great patient compliancy and better results. You can try to spin it all you want, doctors can care less about all that other garbage you just got brain washed with in GLP1 camp you all had to go through. Hilarious.

Save the time. Doctors know how the products work at least those doctors that will impact your sales numbers. Your job is convince them to use your product earlier. Simple. If you cant get them to use Victoza over Byetta they your worse than I thought but apparantly half of you can not as Byetta is still getting 50% of all NRX. Regardless of the excuseses you all will respond with, at the end of the day, 1 year later Byetta is still getting scripts. Not at all what you all was hooping and hollaring and saying a year ago when it got approved then Bydureon got delayed. Not at all... Once Bydureon comes out, I will personally contact my Lilly reps and tell them exacty how to sell it. Its not hard. Make sure the bring attention to the fact that Novo on one hand is trying to say less shots is better,,,remember levemir...LOL that joke of a product..Is is 20% yet, even after giving it away in the hospitals... Now Victoza.. yeah. Trust me your response regarding whatever will be undermined by the fact that your company is spending milions trying to get its on once a week to market. If Novo didnt think Once a week was a good product why are you all rushing your own to market.

HMMMM>

Bydureon will sell, and i can guarantee you after a year Victoza will not be getting 1/2 of the scripts that Budureon will be getting. That is flat out pitiful.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the response, Monkey Boy. I've missed your meaningless drivel on here. Grow up and start looking at NBRx data--it might actually give you a real picture.

If you think your QW injection delivered with a 22G needle will win, you may be disappointed. However, the market will decide; not you and I.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is so much wrong with NBRX many times they can not get refills etc...

Again novo tells you to look at something that appears favorable and you jump..while the rest of the world looks at IMS... If you think it is a 22G then you know more that I, and I was years ago priveledge to work with our Brand team and saw the needles, CD etc that was being considered. Granted there was still several sites using different sizes, but I do not think it will be a 22g, unless things have changed drastically since i went to oncology.

Anyway.. nice to debate again, but the fact remains the same Byetta is still geting NRX and RX...equal to Novo. Whatever that is measuring, it shows Byetta is still equaling Novo after a year...and no doubt Victoza is a better drug, but the sales numbers do not show it. Now do that...at least the numbers that all of pharma uses...I guess NBRX is the numbers that showed you all to make you think Levemir was performing well too, huh?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you even know what NBRx is? It's not supposed to catch refills, smart guy--only REAL new prescriptions. As far as Levemir goes, how is Lilly's basal isnulin doing? I forget....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Idiot think about what we are talking about and think about what you said. Everyone knows NBrx is New to brand. However, many of the times..patients can not get refiles after getting a original script because of various things in place.

Now think what we are talking about SCRIPTS. Not one script etc. but SCRIPTS. The reason why no one uses NBRx is because it really irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. You want refills on going. So measuring a NBRx (which is why no one by Novo uses this) tells you what. That a doctor gave a script once upon a time, then they had to switch to Byetta, who is still getting the scripts. Hmmm Get it? Still have not gotten any better.

I tell you what you continue to focus on NBRx. and Byetta will continue to get the refills.

As for our Basal Insulin. We probably got as much market share as Levemir. LOL Probably the least successful diabetes drug ever created. What a joke. How long have you all been selling Levemir ?? And what is the market share. OOPs lets see you will come up with NBRx figures or Tbrx or something no one else looks at to try to paint picture that Levemire is successsful.

Real question. Are not you totally embarrased or shocked that after a year your not beating Byetta yet, when i comes to the tool that all of pharma generally uses. IMS data.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for being predictably stupid again, Monkey Boy. Good to see you still haven't lost your touch. Tell me again about how bad Levemir is...tell me again about how great Byetta is doing...tell me again about how Bydureon is going to launch....tell me again about how Humalog is kicking Novolog's ass. Dance, Monkey Boy, Dance. You're great, Monkey Boy!! I love it when you jump at the bait and post 10 paragraphs. Thanks for never changing!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How are you..Novo girl. Nice jumping back in for fun and debating. In the end, who really cares. Your probably doing well, I am, in fact everyone employed by either company is doing better than 99.9% of the rest of the world. So while i will debate and have fun doing it, you and your partners over there deserve kudos for being as successful as you are, simply having a top job like you do.

Now for the lousy sales results of Levemir...lol.

Truth is, you all know Levemir has performed horribly especially when you consider how many reps and deals with hospitals etc you all have made to really get it going.

Victoza which is a good drug. just not gonna have enough time to do anything. Once weekly LAr is coming out then yours is coming out, and a third. But its hilarious to read some post's where people think they are actually teaching the doctor some clinical knowledge and that is getting RX. Save that noise.

THEY CAN CARE LESS ABOUT ALL THAT THEY TOUGHT YOU ALL AT VICTOZA BOOTCAMP. If your a good sales rep you know that stuff does not impact most physicians. And if it did they surely would not be making changes in their algorithm based of a 1/2 understood hallway discussion about the molecules and is superiority ..etc.

You go on thinking that, and selling that. 1 shot a day, better efficacy, better compliancy. Cost is your biggest concern.

I think your company leaders are smart by really truly trying to focus on the differences between Victoza and Byetta and hoping to get the Endo's to become fans of the molecule and how is clears the body, its side effect profile, so that when both once weekly's are out, they will go with yours. I do think that if Byuderon is out a year before your product is out, it will not be neck and neck with Victoza a year later. That is also poor sales.

Your leaders can try to keep you all motivated by twisitng facts, and telling you all to not look at what everyone else looks at (IMS data) and to look at a irrelevant number NBRX. Very irrelevant as this measures nothing substantial. What does one script mean. Many patients get on a drug from the original RX, but then can't stay on it or want to stay on it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good stuff, Monkey Boy. Here you are, working for a company who hasn't launched a new diabetes product on their own in the last 10 years. A company who can't seem to find a way to get a basal insulin to market. A company who failed in its bid to launch Bydureon. A company who has seen its share of the insulin market cut in half in the last 5 years. A company who has been hit with billions in fines for illegal marketing....yet you're calling what NNI has done a failure. That's GREAT stuff, Monkey Boy. You are freakin' hilarious. 5 years ago, Lilly stock was at $57 per share, now it's at $39 per share. 5 years ago Novo stock was at $31 per share, now it's at $126 per share. Keep telling me how we've failed with Levemir and Victoza!!! I love it, Monkey Boy!! Keep those blinders on, buddy!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come on now..lets not call each other names.. Lilly boy will do just fine. Be a bit more mature than to come on a chat room and call names..k. As for your post. I actually agree with most of what you have to say. Our management team is the dumbest of all time.

With all that said, Humalog is doing just fine for us walking away from the market for 2 years and not being able to sample. There is no way we should still be almost neck and neck with yoiu for meal time insulin market share, especially when you all gave away your product in the hospital for years. Smart move, and we came to that game late.

But i like how you switch the issue from the weak sales results of Levemir and Victoza, especially when you leverage that with the headcount you have pushing these drugs. Lets not talk about illegal fines who recently is getting investigaged, and who admited to paying pharmacist to switch products from humalog to Novolog.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've always liked Monkey Boy better than Lilly Boy....because you dance like a monkey anytime anyone posts anything. If you've gotten sensitive all of a sudden, my apologies. I can go with Mr. Lilly Boy if that helps your sense of self.

Humalog is doing "just fine." OK. If you think so. Most companies don't classify "just fine" when you continue to lose market share despite making a major re-investment in improving the pen device and in marketing of the product. Plus, you guys have gotten VERY good at giving away insulin the hospital nowadays. You lost market share when you walked away, yet you came back 4 years ago...and you're still losing market share. I guess that where Lilly is nowadays--negative growth is "just fine." I gues you're the expert, Mr. Lilly Boy.

As far as Levemir goes, sure we'd like higher than an 18% share of the basal market after 6 years, but we never expected to pass Lantus in the basal market. Levemir market share keeps growing; Levemir revenue keeps growing. FlexPen share keeps growing. Growth, even when it's slow, is better than going backwards.

Victoza has done beautifully, even if you don't think so. We expected $100 million last year, we got $225 million. You may think we should have already passed Byetta, but we knoew we wouldn't be there yet. Look at the fortunes of Lilly compared to NNI over the last few years....I'll trust our expectations better than yours.

Your company stinks, Mr. Lilly Boy. You know it. So do I. NNI has been EXTREMELY successful--we're at 38 consecutive quarters of double digit sales growth. NNI is successful b/c our products are successful. That's why I have to laugh at you, Mr. Lilly Boy. You're just not very smart.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lily reps have much more education than us - they used to be pharmacists before they were hired. So, while I understand the need to be loyal to Novo, the debate over the data does make one pause....this person makes a good case.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a physician, I have read through this whole posting on the subject. I have to give it to the Lilly rep. Valid points are made, scientific data presented and explained. Novo Reps resorted to deflecting with name calling and avoiding the true science of the debate. I will definitely take a second look at the data when the new weekly med comes to market. Until then, I believe that Byetta is maintaing market share because of the managed care coverage, less out of pocket cost, and there still are some lingering concerns about Pancreatitis. (Which your competition will have to address as well in a weekly dosing). I'm not certain the weight loss or pre-diabetes indication will be of help. Insurance may block coverage all together as it would be too difficult to manage the cost in these groups. They may stick with a drug that is only indicated for confirmed diabetes for branded top tier coverage. Good luck to all. It's been an entertaining evening reading through your debate.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a physician, I say, "go fuck yourself."

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hurts being told something accurate huh?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't get past the, "As a physician...." because I knew it was bullshit. All that hurts is to think people have to get on here and pretend to be someone else in order to make a point. It's sad.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The big promotional launch for Bydureon in Europe looks to be in September- lots of speaker meetings are booked in my area.

Going to be interesting as 2 yrs post launch in my area Victoza has 69% market share and Byetta is in its 14th consecutive month of decline.

In the three months since it got its license not a single diabetes HCP has asked me any Qs about it, and they are pricing Bydureon very close to the Victoza 1.2mg dose.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey all you Lilly livered and Squibby employees- you guys are just a legal drug cartel out pushing drugs, really no different from guys pushing on the street.
    Your company sold millions of bottles of DES to women. The companies knew it was bad shit but they sold it anyway. It gives women breast cancer.
    How can you sell medication that only makes people sick? Drugs don't cure anything, they only mask the symptoms.
    Lilly and Squibb - you're going down. You lost. I want to see John Lechleiter make it on $20,000 a year working at a walmart pharmacy. He doesn't deserve 16 million a year.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All you have to do is google victoza vs byetta and this site comes up. . . . are you such a moron to think that doc's wouldn't occasionally go on line for research? Waahaa. . . it hurts. . . .get over yourself.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you really think physicians post messages on Cafe Pharma, then I can't expect to have a rational, logical conversation with you. Stupid is as stupid does.