Ridiculous COE waste.. stop the insanity

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, May 23, 2017 at 1:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While AZ spins false platitudes about "putting patients first" several hundred people are at a exclusive resort in Cabo, Mexico where the company will easily drop several millions dollars to lavish them with the ridiculous free-vacation. This even after they maxed out their bonus!! And nothing says hypocrisy and putting patients first like flying people to a Second rate country where our drugs cost 1/10 of the cost of the United States so we charge ridiculous amounts of money for our products here! Truly shameful; how does one go about reporting this to the mainstream press?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What resort?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hater.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Build that wall.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, what are your "better ideas" to reward those who perform at the top? Essentially the COE winners, in a way, are paying for your bottom 95% performance. They brought more revenue to the company vs those that merely make ends meet. What if you sold cars for a living, sold insurance, investments? Every industry, for the most part, rewards their top performers. Now go back to work, or sleep, whichever suits you better.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm over this entitlement mentality. Pharmaceutical companies are a business, not a charity. It takes one billion dollars to get a drug to market. In addition, they lose billions with compounds that fail. It's risky business and when successful they have earned a right to recapture losses and begin to make a profit. How a company chooses to spend their profit is their prerogative. Rather than complain about a well deserved trip, why not focus on the great things AstraZeneca does for patients? Like the patient assistance program, which donates one billion annually in FREE PRESCRIPTIONS!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Current COE system is a farce. How do you influence when they can move you every few months and change up your products. What a load of poop.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So in essence, what you are saying is that those who won COE worked harder at their job than those who didn't win. It had nothing to do with managed care wins, territory changes, inaccurate forecasts or goal setting. Anyone else care to chime in and school this individual with a dose of reality?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'll chime in. The individual is right. Attaining COE, whilst looking at multiple factors, is more about seeing where you are in the first couple of months of the year, then making a plan to stay there. COE isn't just a lottery, it's overcoming whatever market events happen be it that they may, and adjusting whatever needs to be adjusting-- to go out and reclaim lost business, obtain new business, for 12 months.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bullshit. Do you work in the Boston or Tampa area? How about Alabama? You have shared customers with multiple reps, your products are promoted by 5 to 6 people in your area add in advantaged Managed Care and bingo, presto, you are a winner. You should see the list of people who would be going based on their numbers if they were not on a performance improvement plan or have already or are on the verge of being terminated for policy violations or poor performance. COE is a true lottery with people in certain areas getting more chances to win.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok, I'll play along. Would you agree to submitting your business plan to those involved, say CBD, DM, VP and allow them to determine what specifically YOU did to drive share and exceed goals? What challenges you overcame and what success you capitalized on? In fact, would you agree to having all eligible COE winners submit their business plans for subjective judgement, explaining how they got to COE as a qualifier?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow. You bet it was in the winners plan to change territories, products, managed care wins and also have a full team of counterparts. You are a BOZO.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are all winners!! Even though you are at home, while the winners are having a vacation week!! Celebrate at home with a little cupcake!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Over history COE "winners" completely align with positive managed care especially Medicaid. It's a farce

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is and always has been a farce. If people only knew that the original objective was to provide a luxury filled all expenses paid vacation for the senior leadership and their spouses. It was a perk and the senior leadership got to go early to CHECK OUT the accommodations to make sure they were adequate and often stayed extra days and all paid for by the company. They could not name a handful of reps who attended unless they or their spouse was smoking hot.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please tell me how I overcome my territories BIGGEST payer putting an NDC BLOCK on my med? Or how about a territory that gets a THERAPEUTIC CHANGE placed on it? How can I win against that mi amigo?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is the Romper Room. Circle of Excellence was stolen from true sales organizations, the place AZ hires salespeople from and morphs into pharma reps. There was a day if you worked harder in pharma you could achieve more. But but but ... the executives get to go, so the beat goes on

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All too true and well said. HR used to keep a list of people who were selected to win but were denied for performance issues and who were allowed to attend and were fired shortly after returning.