RIP Medical Supplies

Discussion in 'Medtronic' started by anonymous, Apr 18, 2017 at 8:28 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Medtronic unloaded a good cash cow business for big money to Cardinal. At least we can say that we never drank the Omar cool aide or bought into the cult that is Medtronic

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When will you answer yourself cellar dweller ? Hows that site where nobody posts ?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

covidien, while not perfect by any means, looks like utopia compared to this RIF heavy company. Add in pricks like the above commenter....celebrating job loss and personal upheaval, and you get in a nutshell the medtronic experience for us since the acquisition.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why do they pull this crap ? Must be home,bored and out of work. Yeah that's the ticket.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All the people impacted by this deal is not a joking matter .... SMH .. good speed people

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Been loyal to MDT for over 15 years and transferred here recently. Thank God, because cardinal has to be better than working with the idiots within MDT leadership. They are totally clueless on how to lead a company.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry, but this has been a looooong time coming. If it puts you in a bad spot, it's your own fault.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very true but man show respect, Medtronic was never gona keep Covidian supplies id assume most who knew that jumpd ship after that first merger happend. MDT dosnt want low margin stuff and the six bil could be put to good use elsewhere. Only way to make money with commodities is cut cost n Cardinal expects 150 mil in "synergies" by 2020. Does someone at Cardinal do a similar job than you, or could toss your job in their bag? Fool me once shame on you...writing's on the wall

I hope those affected all the best to quickly and easily land on there feet

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like MDT management speaking here. VERY cold and calculating. We are all just numbers.

"Synergies" sound somewhat pleasant but let another RIP. There are families, children and lives under these numbers and it's not pleasant to anyone effected.

Of course, everyone knowns that companies sometime need to have a layoff to remain competitive. This is understood.

However, when MDT's sole and only business strategy to profit is through laying off families and distroying dreams there is something wrong within leadership! What's worse is this is not a yearly concern but yet minthly, weekly and daily where lives are impacted.

People just disappear and go off grid every single day without notice beyond the missing cube name tag or an unanswered email. Here, there and everywhere and it's constant and ongoing crushed dreams.

There is no other strategy beyond 'synergies' and crushed families and dreams. Absolutely NO strategic thought, NO innovation and NO hope. So how can MDT build employee loyality, teams and aspirations for new ideas, products, processes and products if we are consumed with the inevitable layoff?

I took the early buyout and so glad to leave this sh#thole in May. God bless!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen to that. I guess that just goes to further prove we work for us and our families. take as much as you can while you can. Don't believe the hype and always keep a foot out the door...its all talk and BS to keep you busy till its your turn on the chopping block.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hope Omar has fun with all his money. Greed is terrible and this serpent that destroyed families and lives so he can make a bigger bonus.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Omar is living large thanks to you suckers. Time to hit the bricks and get the fuck off here before the collection agency's come calling.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Considering how much poison the Covidien culture has brought to Medtronic, this couldn't have come soon enough. But probably too late to save the New Medtronic sinking ship.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'd take what we had as Covidien in a heartbeat as compared to where we are now. Medtronic is thoroughly uninspiring as an employee. Covidien culture did the right thing by its people.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is there any ex-COV senior leaders who were also sent out to Cardinal? Is Blaze safe?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ideally the sale would include all of them, worthless bunch of self-congratulatory crap that they are.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then f*ck off - Medtronic will be better off without you.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Struck a nerve Mr Lonesome nut job ?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who cares if B$&@ze is safe! He was a big part of the problem. Talks a good game but doesn't get anything done and he single handily destroyed the culture. If cardinal swallows what he's spewing then they will be as to work for as Medtronic was. I'm looking to get out quickly and go to work for a company that actually cares about what they make and sell and cares about employees. Probably not healthcare because this industry has lost its way