Royal Canin Question

Discussion in 'Veterinary Rx Diets' started by Anonymous, May 15, 2013 at 3:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So I have read through the posts and royal canin seems like a horrible place to work.
    Is there anything good about the company ?
    I am tech so the money would be an improvement whatever it is , but seriously, is there anything good about this company? I was really excited when I saw an opening in my area but some of the posts are making me think otherwise.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are a VT you will like the job. It's way more $, you get a company car and you work in an area you are familiar with. The VTs here tend to do well and really like their jobs. I wish more VTs were hired. The company isn't that bad...the people that leave usually come from positions where they made more money so it's hard for them to take the paycut. I'm not saying all the bad things being said are being said by them but take the posting with a grain of salt. If you aren't used to making a lot of money you will like it here just fine I think. If you play the game, keep your mouth shut and work - you can stay here as long as you like. Do yourself a favor and don't take the job super seriously. The people that do look old and smoke and drink a lot. That's no way to live. Good luck.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As with everything else, this is manager dependent. VT or not having a bad manager makes this job just awful.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, here is the inside track. If you came from a job with more money, you will probably leave, as was mentioned. But, from one who just left, that is not the whole story. I was willing to take the lower salary if I had a better, less stressful way of life. Not true. What is frustrating is that the management is clueless and expects their DMs to be followers of their dictates. Anyone coming from a better run company cannot believe the craziness and get out when they can. Hiring a VT is good as they have a great background and might think these idiots know what they are doing. They have had no prior sales experience so can't compare to anything. They might think this is a good job. Just give them time and they will go to a better run animal health company. If they stay in this place more than a year or two they are mindless followers who have no idea how much better they could have it. Maybe that is why VTs sometimes can be great hires. They think they actually have security and a good job. The rest of us see this place for what it is. Sad thing is that they won't listen to anyone who tries to tell them to look for something better. They deserve what they will eventually get. Wake up guys! On that note, I am heading to new things and I wish everyone the best.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the one decent reply. I asked for good things about the company, not to be insulted. Jerk. You sound like a miserable little boy that no women pay attention too. Sad little man, I pity you.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh my, a perfect match for RC. Who insulted you? People are trying to tell you the truth. If you don't want to listen, apply and hope you get hired. You may just wish you knew more before you joined.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reread the post and tell me that isn't condescending toward techs? I asked for some positives as I am trying to see if there are just a hand of disgruntled employes or if royal canin is a bad as the site makes it out to be. But if the reps are that rude toward woman and you defend the behavior ,then you are just as big if a jerk as the original a$$hole.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My, you are one bitter person.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, you wanted the good things and no bad. Here they are, as I see them. The job is nice, calling on vets. People in the offices are, for the most part, a pleasure to call on. The products are top of the line. You get a car and decent insurance. You have some freedom. Good luck if this is the position you are looking for.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you come in with low expectations you will do well. You will be amused by sub par folks who act superior.