Royal Canin Questions

Discussion in 'Veterinary Rx Diets' started by Anonymous, Apr 15, 2009 at 8:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a couple questions for RC reps. I am coming from the human pharm side.
    I wanted to know what a typical day is..meaning is there a certain # of vets the company wants you to see a day? How long are your typical days? Do you host lunches etc.? What are some of the pet peev's RC has about there reps? Is the company stable?

I appreciate honest reply's

Thx

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for your response. Seems like is base is a little low. Do you get yearly increases? What would you say are some of the perks of this job?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Base is rather low so you will have to decide what you are looking for. Yearly increases are low like every other company in this economy. The job is probably more stable than most. Most reps really like their job and the clients that they call on. If QOL is what you are looking for, this is the place to be. If you want $$$$$, this is not the place. Hope that helps.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Royal Canin Reps out there... I'm looking for insight about your industry. How is it similar to phamra and how is it different. I'm in pharm and thinking about switching over to RC. Looking for your thoughts.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What you will miss the most is the money. What you won't miss is the stress. This is much lower stress than human pharma. The company is good, products are great and the pay is horrible.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for your insight. Any pointers for a face to face with the hiring manger?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

STAR questions.
    What general part of the country are you in? We can give you a better idea then.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The West Coast

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know much about west coast manager. Maybe someone else can pipe in here. If you prepare with the STAR format you should be fine. The questions are dictated by HR.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had two great interviews with Royal Canin (with HR and then with hiring manager and district manager).... 18 years in veterinary field, advanced nutrition certification, knowledge of competitor brands, outgoing and I know the products indepth and then got the standard rejection via email on Friday. I'm assuming they found someone with more sales exp. (I may lack business to business exp. but I sell products/services everyday!) It's frustrating because I know that I would excel for them. I know what veterinarians are looking for and how to communicate with the staff (because I know what I look for in a good rep!)

The pay not be great for human pharma reps.... but for a veterinary tech it's great!
    I know that due to poor economic conditions, the sales profession is suffering so I understand that it's more competitive now. I just need to keep applying until someone gives me a chance!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone share how many interviews are typical with Royal Canin and what the process is like? Thanks!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had two... what part of the country are you in? Hiring manager name?
    Might be able to give more info.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure of the manager. I have the phone interview coming up soon w/HR. I am in the Southeast.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How'd the interview go?

Good luck!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know the name of the District Manager in FL? Thanks!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Need some help,I have searched the web and have not been able to find the US website for Royal Canin for careers. Would someone please post the website for them. Thanks

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

all I can say is this....if that stupid chick in Houston can get hired then their standards arent that high.....

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the one that is a veterinarian?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jobs are listed on salesgravy.com or indeed.com