Royal Canin Questions

Discussion in 'Veterinary Rx Diets' started by Anonymous, Apr 15, 2009 at 8:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh yeah I heard about her. Ex - pharma chick. Supposedly Mike Fagstock wanted to work with her because he thinks he's the proper tutelage to break new reps in. Apparently he doesn't know that he's one of the stupidest reps on the vet side. Maybe the stupidest.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm on my way out! What a relief.

If you have any sense, you'll follow me out the door of this joke of a sales team.

These people have no appreciation for their employees as people. Wait until a personal tragedy befalls you or a collegue and see how this organization treats you. They act as if you're part of a "family" when you start but its more like having a creepy stepfather who sneaks into your room late at night.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congratulations! Did you give notice yet? I am wondering if what was said earlier still applies, that you have to work the 2 weeks after giving notice. Most companies don't want you to work. This company squeezes the blood out of everyone so it would not surprise me if you have to work. Who would actually go out to work when they are leaving. Crazy company.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was so stupid for joining this co. in the first place. I never felt good about what I was doing, not one day. I remember going for interviews for much higher class jobs and interviewers would laugh during the interview when I told them what I sold and what the sales process was like. I got lucky I got my current job because I BS'd the interviewer and made the job sound like animal pharma (a sophisticated sell). So glad Royal Canin is in my rear view mirror. Not to pile on but I remember cringing when I called customers and told them who I was with....ugh! Hi! I'm with Royal [cringe] Canin.

Feel sorry for you people who are trapped. Get the hell out and get some respect back because once this job is on your résumé too long you are seen as a lifelong simpleton and laughingstock!!!! And you'll LIKELY never make six figures.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very true! I was laid off from a top medical company, along with many others, so took the RC job out of desperation. Now I am finding that this clown job has negated the 6 years that I had in a more prestigious field.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh yeah. Get out. The clock is ticking and people will accuse you of being nothing more than a dog food salesman. Get out!!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is why most medical/pharm reps leave after 1-2 yrs. They know better!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The chick in Columbus got fired from her previous because she couldn't hack it in pharma.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Few things about that:

1. Pharma is doing a monstrous downsize. How do you know she wasn't cut for budget reasons? You probably don't.
    2. If she couldn't hack it in pharma she's likely a perfect fit for Royal Canin! Hell, if she has little to no sales experience she's qualified to be a regional manager.
    3. She's nice to look at so keep her around. Quit being a hater. Likely the person above is either a goon or an unattractive female!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Being fired is a good thing. In RC they promote people to RMs who got fired in their previous jobs. She should advance herself right up the line quickly. She has a great background for the job.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Having a background selling snacks and soft drinks is a bonus too!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wonder why Hills and Purina look for a different type of background, more one that fits with the job. And, we laugh at them. Unfortunately, they see the fools that we are and laugh at us.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't mean to post the message so many times! Guess CF is having hiccups!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel like such a loser working here...uggh!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, how true! If you want to be considered one of the most esteemed sales leaders in your organization, please tell them all about the good ol' days of selling soda and packaged processed crap. Just like WK, the washed up dirty looking moron!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is truth!!! RC says it gets burned by reps that come from human. Ugh, no, the human reps immediately recognize this is a second rate organization and quickly find better work. Most animal health reps, of substantive quality, get this too.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm still laughing at the VCN launch from last year. Remember how they flew us down to Epcot and told us to sell based upon some gadgety pricing and not what our customers want and need? Awful. Note to Pierre, vets want to know WHY our product is the best. Since we are the most expensive chow out there, pricing gimmicks won't work. A fast food cashier could've perhaps consulted you on this.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For all you medical people wanting to come here...avoid it like the plague. Once you have this on your résumé it will screw up your career glide path. Trust me on that. Dog food is not the way to go.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True, very true. This job has negated my previous years in a more professional position.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the truth. Once you see the dumbed down approach to selling and look at the simplistic facets of the job, product and organization you will go nowhere but down. Go into another line of sales- like consumer products, capital equipment or distribution. Stay away from this organization good sales people!!!!