Royal Canin vet sales interview process

Discussion in 'Veterinary Rx Diets' started by Anonymous, Feb 13, 2012 at 8:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello! I will be having a face to face interview with Royal Canin for vet sales this month and I was wondering if anyone can offer any insight on what the interview is like, and also what the next steps would be if I pass this round? I am coming from IT sales background so this industry is new to me.

From looking at other forums, I gather that the consensus is that most people like their job but the pay is low and the goals are hard to acheive. Can you share your experiences about selling to vets- do you find that a lot are willing to listen to you or let you host the lunch and learn? Also what strategies can you share that you used with vets who arent interested in selling pet food at all, or are loyal Hills users?
    Thank you very much in advance.

2. Truth Teller

Truth Teller Guest

What kind of person puts an exclamation point after “Hello”…. You are not RC material, please look at Hills. Hills is very old school, lame and corny, and judging from your excessive use of punctuation marks, you are obsessively trying to over compensate for a small and inadequate unit.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The job is easy. You have to deal with a lot of BS because management never has its act together but thats not a big deal. People are pretty cool. Some think they are important but are really pretty silly. It's a good bus stop if you are looking to move one. I can't find a job yet is why Im here.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The job is great if you can stand the low salary. The benefits are great! It's true management never has its act together but the reps are used to it. All in all its a good company to work for.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is salary range? Have sales experience.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The salary is 50-55k. Seriously doubt we'll be making hardly any bonus this year.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's it? With no bonus? Who can live on that?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does an average bonus look like? How many times a year?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

An average bonus looks like 3 measly figures after taxes and the promise of a big unnatainanble bonus at the end of the year. Expect about a 2% raise a year. The company is cheap and they will milk your life before they reward you or your family. Ask anyone in the industry how cheap RC is.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Avoid this company like the plague. Not everyone is bad, but, you will be astounded by the number of dipshits around you.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How long does one usually wait after an in person interview to hear if they got the job or not?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Usually you hear back within 2 days. Since management is so scummy they could be playing you like a fool...wouldn't surprise me.