RUMOR ARI FUTURE

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Jun 5, 2014 at 12:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RUMOR TODAY CIRCULATING AT ATO IS ARI WILL BE A 6 PRODUCT FACILITY AND THE HEAD COUNT WILL RISE TO 1400 AGAIN.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah right

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL! I work at ARI. Last I heard, DMS will be reduced before the July shutdown from 6 to 2 (or 3), FileTrail database for records management will be "standardized" for outsourcing, EDM Quality Coordinator responsibilities were already outsourced to TCS in India on 3/24/14, and mfg of Enbrel will be sent to Singapore in 2-5 years. ARI will only be a NPI site for start-up due to 37% taxes the state of Rhode Island charges for all the Enbrel/Vectibix we produce. We don't have enough money in the budget to fix Cognos reports for generating metrics. I hope you're right that ARI is rising to 1400, but I just don't see that happening.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More likely that ARI will die a slow and painful death like ACO.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ARI has gone from nearly 1700 people producing 1 product to maybe 700 people producing 4. The MoF model is for a smaller more streamlined plant with 250 people to produce 6 products. We trained them. The new plant will be in Singapore. No taxes, less people, less footprint........With the exception of Embrel, which will probably go to AML, the rest of the drugs can be manufactured either in Singapore, or AML. ARI will follow the route of ACO, with or without AWA manufacturing closing in between. All of the technology, the expertise, the cost cutting that we have done here at ARI, or ACO, or AWA, (instead of saving our jobs), will be used overseas to enhance the financial break Amgen will get from paying no corporate taxes. ATO will be a corporate coordinator for myriads of lower paid contract workers for F&E, HR, PD, R&D, manufacturing, QC, QA, DMS, IS ....in a multitude of countries, none of which will have any loyalty or obligations to Amgen.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen. The trend is not your friend.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apparently combined tax reporting is in the RI budget this year. This may hasten ARI's demise as Amgen will be required to report earnings from (and pay taxes for) ALL subsidiaries and not just Immunex.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The report on combined reporting came up this year (tracked what combined reporting WOULD have brought in). Nothing has moved in the general assembly over this proposal from 2 years ago, other than some moron liberals (not democrats, liberals) most people realize that this is a bad idea. RI senate bill S2988 has been recommended to be held indefinitely.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Check this out

http://wpri.com/2014/06/05/ri-lawmakers-budget-cuts-corporate-estate-taxes/

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does it matter? 4%, 7%, 9% Amgen wants to pay NO corporate taxes. None, zero, zip, nada! All US based firms have to pay something, for the good of the local government. Amgen is abdicating and moving to corporate tax free lands. Next it will be corporate tax free and low wages.....Maybe they'll find a country that pays Amgen for the privilege of gracing their soil and Bob can be King. OR maybe the US should start charging really exorbitant taxes for American patented drugs they import back into America......

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, the point is that even 7% won't save ARI from its eventual fate

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I WAS PART OF THE BIG LAYOFF IN 2007...BITTER? OHH YEAH.

I quit my job in TX then moved to RI and got my kids and wife set up with everything. One year later was the RIF.

I sat down with RI state officials and enlightened them about the ARI facility was making 4.6 billion in product at the time. The state tax officials were stunned because they were only paying taxes on some reduced product cost based on nonsense fluff. I give credit to myself that Amgen now pays taxes on 6.8 billion in final product evaluations.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I forgot to mention losing $128,000 in the sale of my RI home and ended up in an apartment in CA. I should have just stayed in my 4000 sf home in TX and never went to that pimple of a state called RI.

revenge is sweet

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like your style!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I bet the FDA hotline is going to be a busy one, once they start the RIF at the different sites

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank You,

But because of you the place is run so tight we may be reusing toilet paper and hooking up electric generators to the tread mills in the gym.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This sounds like a really fun company.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It use to be, HR loves showing many right out the door.

All the fun folks are now at great companies never to return.

Now the head count is getting near the goal set back in 2008 .... things could get better in time.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the story behind this is Amgen was trying to claim it was an unfinished product. It was sent to 2 other places for filtering and final packaging. It just happened to be that the final packaging was done in a state without tax but actually a 5% federal tax incentive.

Yes Amgen made 5% and screwed RI out of the 8.7% corporate rate for over 5 years.