Rumor has it

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jun 20, 2017 at 9:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Word on the street, we are returning to bonus with a 40-30-30 weighting. I hope this is true, what a positive change this will be in the field. Bonus will consist of 40 from manager field rides, regional performance 30 and National 30. Getting rid of very subjective pay out plan is step in right direction. Too many reps are spending time checking the boxes, making up busy work and holding conference calls to impress mgr.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Subjectivity of the 40% stays the same and seems to be how ranking will occur. Sorry. Still not good enough and changes little when it comes to bonus and promotion,etc.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep , the days of rest are over. Now it will be a horrifying word to many....accountability ! Then after a quarter or two, we will find out who is working ......and who is not !

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No there is no accountability since sales will be base on region and national sales numbers. Then 40% based on kissing up to managers. Please explain how that is accountable on an individual level?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What you see now is stage # 1 .

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would love to have some accountability - pretty please can we go back to paying on sales??? I'm tired of the subjectivity of our current bonus system and the lack of accountability management has when asked to clarify your rating. Until we are paid 100% on sales subjectivity will always be there.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

total sales, percent of market and sales increase

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh Boy ! Heads will roll now. Reps will need to work now for their keep. Millennials will cry.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some managers don't like it when reps get paid on just sales. Yes, you heard me right. When they don't like a rep and want to give them a hard time, it pisses them off when that same rep gets a good bonus in spite of what they put on coaching reports.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In Pharma, there is no perfect incentive plan. In the past, how many times have we seen territories that have been vacant for 12 months be at the top of the leader board? How many times does Texas and Florida lead the nation in product launches? All territories and geographies have different payer plans, corrupt reps unethically using vouchers, etc. And before all you Texas A-holes get your rhinestone panties in a wad, just accept your lack of managed care as a blessing. Take your proximity to to Juarez as blessing..yes, the whole country knows how you abuse vouchers giving illegal citizens free meds via voucher. $0 profit for GSK, but hey, your NBRx is tops in the Nation...Hmmmm. Just watch Trelogy. See if what I am saying doesn't happen.

The best way to incentivize reps is to pay a quarterly bonus based on corporate profits. Omit vouchers and only count actual Rxs from a pharmacy. But that would be too easy.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Those "broke back mountain" boys have been getting away with that crap for too long. Vouchers should NOT be included in our data. Quite a few people play that unethical game and it costs the company millions of dollars. Why does GSK allow this to happen?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believe this current compensation model was designed to limit commissions. Gone are the days when reps were paid on sales results and could launch a product (i.e. Repuip) and make $20k bonus in one quarter alone. GSK changed the compensation model to benefit themselves. I like the idea of paying on corporate profits and I agree that no system is perfect.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The company will intensify the recognition of average reps when magnificent colorations appear on the sunsets and ancestors of Thor roll in their sleep.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just wondering, what does an "unethical" use of a GSK voucher mean? If GSK provides it to the public why shouldn't they be utilized? If you know of something specific to undocumented patients that's one thing, but all across the US?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Think border towns like El Paso. Many patients come across the border to get medical care since historically there was no real border to the people there. Same for places like Yuma Az.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds more like an immigration issue. Also GSK has eligibility rules in place per voucher. Seems more like unethical doctors or pharmacists who utilized these resources which shouldn't have be used for non- US citizens?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There were/are several areas across Texas, not border towns, that kicked your ass Sparky. Script envy? Ha ha what a douche bag. Try to compete in a competitive commercial branded/generic market, without a discount card, and see how well that works out for you.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Texas used to be envied by America until they were invaded.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To #14. Vouchers are a great tool to help getting a patient our products during the launch of a new product. They are meant to serve as a bridge as payer contracts being negotiated by our payer team. This typically spans no more than two years. However, many unethical representatives, doctors and pharmacists use vouchers for their own benefit at the expense of the company. Here is what has taken place in Texas:
    Representative calls on doctor who treats Mexican citizens for cash. As a part of the patients treatment, they receive a "voucher" to be redeemed at a U.S. pharmacy. The doctor in return receives more patients (form Mexico) who quickly learn of this great physician who gives them the latest in medical pharmaceutical care. The pharmacy receives a "dispensing" fee for each voucher (1 voucher equals 12 Rxs per year). Typically the doctor and pharmacy have an "arrangement". As for the rep, they play dumb. All they are doing is making a call and leaving resources i.e. ..vouchers...hundreds of them! Now, because the patients will NEVER fill a prescription without a voucher, GSK makes absolutely nothing! In fact, GSK loses money in the this scenario. GSK hopes that insurance companies see the "demand" but vouchers being run as "cash" never go through an insurance plan. This scheme was out of control with Tanzeum. Watch and see how many vouchers are redeemed in the state of Texas vs other states throughout the country. It's ridiciulous! Trilogy will be no exception. Pay attention the border states and see how many vouchers are utilized.

As for post #17. Not envious of you and your NBRx market share. Your state allows all products to be written and limited managed care. You are the envy of the pharmaceutical world. But to think you are superior because your marketplace in more forgiving, now your just being ignorant. Geedy up cowboy! The illegals need more free product!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

#1 The audience loses interest after a sentence or two. Your essay was too long for anyone to have any interest in after a minute or two.

#2 Texas was once a fine American state. It is now Spanish.