Runzheimer...what car should I get

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Aug 18, 2011 at 9:43 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello Sales Colleagues,

I have a Runzheimer plan and get to pick my own car. Does anyone have the same program out there and can suggest a good car to get. I will put about 45k miles per year on it and have to keep it 4 years. They give me just over $500 per month.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've seen a lot of stupid posts on this site, but this might take the cake. Don't work for Runzheimer, but if they are giving $500 per month buy a calculator and do the math. I would suggest a Hum-V

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You might want to look on www.autotrader.com for a very low milage used vehicle. $500/month isn't much. Believe it or not I bought my wife a three year old MB S500 with 57 miles on the odometer and an 07 SL55 with 7200 miles that was/is as new. Let someone else take the 50% haircut. Certified cars are the way to go because many have extended warranties.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A black Lincoln Town Car.

That way you can use it as a limo on the weekends and in between jobs.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your monthly reimbursement is likely based on a mid-size vehicle so if you want to match your expenses to what you are getting that is the way to go. If you choose another category of vehicle like a full size car or pickup truck then your costs will be higher. Tell your company to look at Cardata Consultants, competitor to Runz and way better service.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you get reimbursed for mileage also, which is how most Runzheimer plans work, I'd buy a low mileage, 2 year old fuel efficient vehicle that gets around 35+ mpg. That way you maximize the reimbursement on the mileage. I drive an SUV which only gets 18 or so mpg and I barely cover my gas with the reimbursement. If you don't need an SUV, get the car. Like a Ford Fusion or Chevy Cruze.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just do what so many hotshot reps do and sign a $600 lease payment for a new BMW. Then take your dentist to lunch. The dentist that drives an '06 Corrolla.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have this program with my company. Your payment is likely based on a 30k 5 passenger mid sized car. My company used a Malibu as the example. We had to buy a brand new car, not even dealer demo's were allowed max mileage on car was 1200. We had to replace the car every 4yrs with another new car. I chose to buy under, as $500 was the relative max depending on local gas pricing/mileage, I got $498 on avg monthly and my monthly payment was $415 so the rest (not much) was mine. I bought a 2010 Buick LaCrosse in '09, we had to buy the most current year model available so no we could not take advantage of year end close out pricing. Personally I think that's REALLY bad money logic, but those were the rules!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get the one without the ankle bracelet

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Just do what so many hotshot reps do and sign a $600 lease payment for a new BMW. Then take your dentist to lunch. The dentist that drives an '06 Corrolla."

Perfect. Make sure to get a black two-door. Then the dentist can open the door into the next car or a fixed in concrete metal post and ding/dent it while you watch. Then he'll say, jeez, that's a long door, I wish I had my glasses to read the menu.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Just do what so many hotshot reps do and sign a $600 lease payment for a new BMW. Then take your dentist to lunch. The dentist that drives an '06 Corrolla."

"Perfect. Make sure to get a black two-door. Then the dentist can open the door into the next car or a fixed in concrete metal post and ding/dent it while you watch. Then he'll say, jeez, that's a long door, I wish I had my glasses to read the menu."

WHAT??????? What do you even mean?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

'WHAT??????? What do you even mean?'

Did you get the black one ?

You'll understand Soon Enough, or maybe not.

A lot of stupid idiots in dental.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

pretty simple - Toyota Corolla

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My dad owned a car lot for years. Always buy used

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do the companies that use Runzhiemer use it as a way to micromanage....ie gps

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With the new technology with cell phone apps they certainly will. You're gonna hate it if you aren't used to working 9-5.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, they use it to screw their reps out of money from car allowances. The amount per month hardly covers car payments and insurance, let alone oil changes and tire swaps. If the company wanted to REALLY help with calculating proper mileage they would suck it up and utilize Fleet for company cars. If they are using Runzy, then they are just cheap.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the company is using Runzheimer, they are smart, and fair. You get the reimbursement you're supposed to get based on where you live and work, not extra money above what you spend for work purposes - that's not a reimbursement, that's income, taxable and could get you in trouble if you don't report it. The plan is based on what your employer uses as a base model, and it's different for every company. If you are in sales, and don't need to haul stuff in a truck, it is most likely a 4 door sedan like a Chevy Malibu. Some companies want to base it on a different car, so check with your company to see what type of car they are basing their plan on. Your payment per month is including maintenance, etc, so remember it is not all about the car payment alone. Being able to choose your car, though, is much better than having to drive the same one everyone else is driving.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Being able to choose your car, though, is much better than having to drive the same one everyone else is driving."

Why ? Be Specific.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh, there is nothing fair about Runzheimer for the sales rep. Average monthly allowance is under $400 and you have to drive a newer car or drive enough miles to avoid that small amount being taxed. Then they lowball the mileage reimbursement also. And there new app is going to be a nightmare for reps as it tracks their every move and eliminates the "padding" of extra miles that every rep does.

Corporate loves it, though.