Ryan Kessler?

Discussion in 'Oscient Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Sep 30, 2008 at 8:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ryan Kessler-What is he all about as a mgr?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He is the typical big pharma micro-managing, ass kissing, prick. Which is not surprising since Phil the pill hired him. Like all former KOS and Abbott assholes Kessler thinks he has talent because he sold a drug with a significant side affect. They forget Niaspan also has a significant competitive advantage, which is why they could sell it. Neither of our drugs have that. Yet, he thinks we face the same challenges. He thinks if we spend enough money and "add value" (what every that means), we can increase sales by 10% each month, which is what will be needed to save this company from going under. Like Phil the pill Kessler also thinks that we are their tools to further their careers. I have heard of Kessler berating some of the most dedicated and talented reps. just to make the point that he is in charge.
    These facts make Kessler the perfect DM to represent Oscients Management. He lacks experience, has a small mind and an over grown ego. Which means he is naive and arogant enough to think he know the answers.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone give me info on this guy? I had an IV with him this week and am not exactly sure I would want to work for this kid (he was younger than I).

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First I must warn you, from a current oscient employee....you don't want to come here but since you have interviewed and are looking for info....this is what I was able to gather (google is a wonderful tool).

According to linkedin....Apparently he's been a DM from day one when he graduated college first with kos for 7 years (oh btw I never knew KOS was in the medical device field and that people are hired as reps let alone management out of college?!) Then went to be a sales rep in DEVICE SALES but left (I am guessing because he could not hack it and actually had to work) And is now a manager with Oscient for 9months (but he most recently was DM of the year...after 9 months?)

so there you have it, hope this helps

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He's younger then me as well, but I respect him because of his abilities and past success. Sounds to me like the poster above, who was attacking RK, was probably one of the people who helped drag this company down by striving to be average at best. I'm so tired of hearing the BS about old KOS people being the root of all evil. They are just like you and I, happen to luck out with a great but difficult drug to sell. I for one, am happy to have some experienced passionate sales people to help try to salvage this sinking ship. I have been around long enough to know that the problems that have surfaced over the last 1 1/2 yrs have been festering long before the KOS people "invaded". We all share some of the blame.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He's great. He's the only one I know who can relate selling Antara to a Grammy awards presentation by Puff Daddy for his motivational Monday morning voicemail.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are you serious?! I googled him and found some interesting info...didn't know he was never a pharma rep and went straight out of college into being a DM. Also he noted that his most recent accomplishment was DM of the year, interesting since he's only been here for about 8-9 months...LIAR!

YOU SHOULD RUN not walk from this company, and YOU SHOULD RUN EVEN FASTER if he will be your DM... He thinks he's HOT SHIT!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am guessing he is your dm? Just curious and I know there can be a lot of junk on here, I just need some honest feedback...thank you for yours.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who are the PMs for Factive and Antara?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all, his wife is hot. No doubt he's confident and well dressed but over all good guy.
    Second I'm not sure what his linked in says, but he was a very successful sales rep for KOS then promoted after a few years to the DM position. Not sure what he did before KOS of after KOS, but i know several people who worked with him and for him who loved him. I have a feeling if your a hard worker you wouldn't have an issue, but if you like to hide I'm sure he as any good DM would do will make your life tough. If you dont currently have a job then maybe this is a good opportuntiy, but I wouldn't leave a job to come here with our future so unstable.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't believe that this quote came from one of his employees. This was probably Ryan himself. Anyone who works for him knows his love of the word "passionate" You'll also hear him say "I don't know.....you tell me"....which is his great managerial advice after he is done chewing you out after a call. He does check cafephara and even left a nice voicemail to his team saying "you know you've made it as a DM in pharma when you get written about on cafepharma". He probably then gave a great analogy about selling Anatara is like selling a TV...either you buy a Sony or a Vizio.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

His wife works in pharma and hides in a pod. Somehow she still won a trip after being off on maternity leave for several months.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He was a rep....look at the dates on his linked in of when he graduated and when he was a DM at Kos. However, somebody else pointed out that he has Kos as a medical device company? If that was the case then why was he calling on primary care physicians? Also if his position at Stryker Spine was the fastest growing division, why would he leave and go back to pharma? I think it is because he couldn't hack it, couldn't bribe the doctors and the biggest thing.....didn't want to work so he went back to being a DM. Those who can do and those who can't become DM's. After only 9 months became DM of the year.....when do they start handing out this award...oh yeah, in fantasyland. Other great accomplishments are Campus Champion at racquetball and he was a baseball player? Maybe he was more of a catcher.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He acts like he's so smart and worldly in pharma....please you're what 30-31?
    Nothing wrong with a vizio they are great I have one...and please....OUR DRUGS ARE NOT LIKE SONY...they are washed up me too drugs that are hard as shit to sell.
    Where in pharma does his wife work? Let's see pod so that could be any number of companies

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares about his wife. Whoever is posting this is obviously jealous or just a mean person. Why put someone down for there success. Try learning something from both of them. LOSER

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Ryan, welcom back to the board.
    Obviously someone does care about your wife or else they would have not posted it. You are not the epitome or poster child of success. From the sounds of it you fell into it because nobody else wanted it and you have been able to keep up the facade because you use fear to be a dictator to reps and the management here is too stupid to see what you really are.
    You are pathetic, you left pharma to go to device thinking you could hack it and that you were good, well I have a friend at Stryker and that is far from the truth! You could not hack it! So you came to a shit company like Oscient because that is where all your cronies were from that shit company Kos... You could never hack it at a real pharma...just keep kidding yourself.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think it's hilarious when he talks about this being "old school pharma" selling. PLEASE you are not old enough to remember "old school pharma". What this is, is a company without the balls to man up and sign the pharma guidelines and play in the sandbox like everyone else....old school pharma, get a life!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Meet him when I trained for Kos position... on of the "successful" reps that they brought in to "teach" us how to sell Niaspan. Actually his was the only name that I remember but he was just one of the arrogant jerks that we had to endure. My recollection was that he was a rep at that time... not a DM. Sounds like he did a bit of blue sky on his resume'. Those were interesting times... when you could still buy a lot of your biz. Success eluded Kos when they tried to clean up the act with a bunch of spinless attorney's. Thank you Andrew Koven.

The Legend

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the feedback on RK. I am interviewing for the Madison territory and learned that he is the DM. Any feedback on that territory? I have been a rep in Florida for the past few years and am now moving back to WI.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Madison sucks I have worked most of it my entire pharmaceutical career. They are totally and completely shut down. You cannot even walk into a Dean clinic, UW has closed off and you have to purchase a badge to get into uw that will run you about $120. The only way to do business if you can is to meet doctors out of the office which is against PHRMA but then again this POS company doesn't abide by them. Trust me when I tell you that you will be banging your head on the wall and hating life...especially with RK as your manager. He's all about how oscient is old school pharma and that bs...WHATEVER TOTOAL JOKE!