S.S. Primary Care - Sinking Ship

Discussion in 'Takeda' started by anonymous, Jul 27, 2017 at 10:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well Hello Everyone! Looks as though our ship is sinking here in Takeda Primary Care. We are all watching and waiting for that next big business development opportunity from our trusty higher ups, while meanwhile others in the field (reps and managers of all types) have already starting jumping ship.

Are you:

A. Going down with the ship?
    B. Jumping ship to save your ass?
    C. On the fence and hoping for an absolute miracle?
    D. In complete and utter denial? Free Kool-Aid Refills from upper mgt!!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm in denial, but I am looking.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

C because of my age I don't have a choice.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks to the realignment, I'll go ahead and take the trip to Hawaii next year before moving along. Thanks takeda!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where is the option for riding it out until the next severance checks are cut. Then in 2018 have "the summer of George!!" (Seinfeld reference)

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

funny thing is this time last year (July) Romona already signed off on the march 2017 layoff. Has she already put pen to paper?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Next year, they could tell all of the primary care sales organization (Reps & Mgmt) it's over! Turn in your stuff (car, ipad, laptop, etc) and goodbye! Severance, if offered at the normal rate could cost Takeda close to 60 million to send everyone packing. 1,000 reps averaging roughly a 50K payout = $50 Million, plus nearly 120 management types averaging say $80K = $9.6 Million. So one could estimate on the high side that $60 Million would send everybody on their merry way.

Many companies looking to lessen the payout burden typically move the threshold up and only pay the most tenured people. So if your 7 years or less, on a true house cleaning (dissolving the entire force) you typically get nothing. On the other hand, those with more than 10 years are usually paid at 100% of industry standard severance.

My choice is A, going down with the ship! I'm only 3 years in with Takeda, but I don't see anything else that looks to promising close to where I live.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

B for me. Had another interview this week, much brighter future elsewhere. Do yourself a favor and get with a company that has some upside potential. Takeda is moving another direction, those that stay will soon find out the hard way.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm hoping for an miracle now. But I gave myself a timeline for that to happen. If it doesn't then I'm jumping ship. I figured if another layoff happens during my miracle zone then at least I'll get the severance. It would really suck if they didn't give it to us as another poster mentioned for those with less than 10 years.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So there were rumors of dissolvement a few years back......is this rumor true?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes, the rumor is true. if you were thinking of killing yourself, do it now.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

E.
    I'm out there hustlin everyday, I'm selling to docs so I can keep my top 10% metrics going for my future specialty/ biopharma sales position. Since that will be the only types of sales positions left in the industry where reps have access and a purpose.
    I'm also selling to every other rep I see so I can double dip when the time is right.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interviewing now with Takeda. Would be selling Uloric, Colcrys and Amitiza. With the recent cuts I felt like it would be several years before another layoff. There would only be two reps in my territory. Are there truly rumors for more layoffs next year? Thanks for any input.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The only rumors are coming from us in the field. I'd say we feel this way because it's taking corporate so damn long to buy the "right" product/company. - They promised this over a year ago. Since they didn't get it done in a timely manner, we had layoffs. Supposedly we are "right sized" now until at least 2020, right folks?
    I feel all of Pharma is subject to surprise layoffs at anytime, so I'm working away now and if something more promising is available in my area I'll consider jumping ship at that time.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The only rumors are coming from us in the field. I'd say we feel this way because it's taking corporate so damn long to buy the "right" product/company. - They promised this over a year ago. Since they didn't get it done in a timely manner, we had layoffs. Supposedly we are "right sized" now until at least 2020, right folks?
    I feel all of Pharma is subject to surprise layoffs at anytime, so I'm working away now and if something more promising is available in my area I'll consider jumping ship at that time.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm jiggy with this.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here is the best advice you will ever receive in your life:

RUN!!!! RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nobody wants to touch Takeda primary care right now. Sinking Ship is an understatement! Almost everyone I know within Takeda is looking for an exit strategy. Far too many other good opportunities available to stick around and sell old drugs on their last legs, and with zero payouts for most regardless of volume increases! Regional and District managers are looking to get out as well. Ask the Regional down there in Texas. Good luck to all!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Regional Sean A is looking to get out?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know specifically about that regional, but everyone is interviewing everywhere to flee. Not a good sign.