S1,S2, S3 Placement Clarification

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jan 22, 2011 at 11:35 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wonder how many people will have the guts to go look for another job after this mess is announced. There are jobs out there.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

S rating has got to do with other things besides numbers. Can be AAA rep and dive in numbers. Can happen, does happen. Next year your you're back up if formulary win is on your side. Real life.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AKA not over 60K with your masters, 20 years and all....learn to live on a teeny, tiny budget.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is nothing clear about it. Merck pays more money out to those patients who got screwed over on their products rather than Merck paying employees who got screwed over working over time for Merck.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why all the cloak and dagger? It is what it is....where is the candor?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is anyone just grateful to have such an amazing job anymore? I am so dis-heartened to find so many "angry" reps. I thank my lucky stars for such a rewarding career AND I make great money! Why complain?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All of this is being done and Merck does not have a clue what is sold due to your efforts with the customer! Every district has a basket territory for all types of overflow which will also be due to your work! We have a large territory in our region and the $ sales have dropped 50% in two years for our major promoted product! The rep has yelled and screamed and management does not seem to care because everything is smoke and mirrors and those with the customers don't matter! Just get ready, fewer tenured folks under this new umbrella of S1,S2, S3 because most of these positions will be useless! How many in your region get promoted for a spreadsheet or a newsletter or other useless dribble?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh shut up!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who said you cant be grateful, thankful and angry all one at the same time. Any adult knows its called life.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doubt if any of us know how this is being done. More complex than we know is my take.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The real problem with this is that many have actually earned those titles and positions with years of hard work and staying through miserable shit like Vioxx debauchery, QCS, & others and have remained loyal and sold medicine, giving Merck the revenue to do the things that they are doing now! Do you really think that if Vioxx had been mismanaged or the Zetia/Vytorin study had not been published we'd be in this fix! Everyone in management knew the issues and did nothing so as not to rock the boat and save their own ass and it's now laid at the feet of field sales! When a company seeks to ignore loyalty in those folks whose effort generates the cash that sustaines a plethora of MBA's at the home office then we may all be doomed to our fate! How can you stay when we've destroyed the salesforce by neglect and waste? Is that the whole point of S1, S2 & S3!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You got that right. They have destroyed the employees who generate the revenue. Only the most visionary leadership can turn it around and that kind of talent has been eliminated from this company. There is little to no hope left. I am happy for what I do have until the next series of layoffs when my number may be up.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, Merck's attitude is "the past is like your ass...behind you". It's no longer about doing the right thing.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its all a game. We rated or reps and all the number came back different from HR and the directors. The fix is in. If your salary was above the tree line I think you know what career path they want for you !!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Newbee means fresh and not tightly secured. Tenured means glued in for life.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WTF are you talking about? Numbers had nothing to do with original placement. If you were an Exec or Sr. Exec you were only had to fall in the top 90% to be placed as an S2. Man i wish they would have slapped a few of them in the face. But, they are special...They work so much harder and are so many steps ahead of the rest of the reps in the field.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now a rep can have a kick ass year and right off the bat they are making in some cases $10,000 less than other reps. Boy, that is really going to make reps want to stay at Merck when the economy improves and it will.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't get what you have against those Exec and Sr. Exec reps. In all industries, in all types of work, people who have more experience, who have "put in their time", are generally compensated more. It's always been that way. Do you honestly think people in their 40's and 50's (or perhaps even older) should be making the same as someone with only a few years experience?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an interview soon

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well the "new Mrk" says that experience or time in job doesn't count!