Sal Aiello

Discussion in 'Stuart Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Apr 14, 2010 at 10:56 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sal needs his own thread. Anyone remember that video Sal did of the retail sales call. Classic! I loved working for him as a DM. The "Chief" lives on....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Grape, Cherry or Orange Vita Drink; Great sellers in the day! LOL.

3. Can you say "frothy mucous foam"?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who remembers the original chemical name of simethicone and the person who discovered it? ( you're really an old timer if you know this).

5. #5 Bubble Burster, Jun 7, 2010 at 10:11 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010 at 11:14 PM
    dimethyl polysiloxane. sorry, but I don't remember the inventor. I seem to want to say that it came from Dow Corning.

I still have my mortar and pestle, which we were required to carry in our set bags. For that matter, I think I still have an old Stuart bag laying around.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too have the old Stuart Bag....held lots of Mylanta samples. lol.

Good job on the simethicone question. The person who discovered it was Dr Kaz Kimura who worked for ICI before the bought Stuart.

What was your first Stuart launched product? Mine was Hibiclens, "the classic cleanse of tomorrow". I believe the meeting was in Scottsdale, AZ.

7. Kasof, or as we called it at the time Ka-Ka Soft, (remember the Bowel Retraining Program?). Started in '74. First national meeting was Hibiclens (and you're right, it was at Dell Webb's Resort in Scottsdale). I also launched Nolvadex, but can't remember which one came first (getting old). Nolvadex was sort of a no-brainer...it pretty much launched itself. Nolvadex made the company. Before then we were a second-tier company.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's an oldie for you about Hibiclens....

Agnes McFain was a nurse...

She hated her hands to immerse

By the time they caught her...

avoiding Hibiclens and water...

she sent fifty men to the hearse...

LOL anyone remember that?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was at the tenoretic launch meeting in Florida...wow what a meeting!! I still remember the song about Tenormin the best beta blocker and its only one tablet a day!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I remember Sal for the white guayabera shirts he always wore. Looked a bit like a barber. Did have a full head of hair though. Eventually moved to lower Delaware near Bethany Beach. I thought I heard he was even Mayor there for awhile although this was years ago and I can't confirm. Loved anyone Italian, Rocco, Athena, etc. Said he wanted to stay when ICI became Zeneca but the deal was too sweet. Did he really want to stay? Perhaps so, perhaps not.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Athena is Greek. When she was a rep in my territory, the local residents called her the "Greek Goddess". Some of them were still asking about her 25 years later.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I launched Nolvadex also. It was @ 1979. We were all office based reps and worked Nolvadex 2 days a week. This was a really exciting time. The meeting was in Philly or Wilmington and I remember we sat around and did yoga one day with the product mgr, dave ?. There were only about 50 of us and we felt very priviledged to have such a breakthru product.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sal did become Mayor of South Bethany (2002). He died one year later of a glioblastoma. He deserved longer on earth.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for the "CHIEF" as a DM. He was the best. I really miss him.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sal rode with me on one of the hottest days ever. He never once took off his suit jacket, even when we came back to the car (which had to be over 150 degrees as it baked in the sun). Why, I will never know. He jumped in every call and argued with just about every doctor and pharmacist, lol.