SALARIES AT AMGEN?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Mar 7, 2017 at 1:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They seem lower than other Biotech. My friend left to go to Sanofi, and he received 20K more to promote dupilumab.

I make 110K here. Am I underpaid for Biotech? I've been here 7 years.

My raise was 2.0%. Was that the norm or did some of you get a lot more. I got almost 4K in stock.

Any information please?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is all about the base you started with at Amgen. $20k is not uncommon for leaving Amgen with your base salary.

You are not underpaid. You are paid what you are worth to the company with your precious success and experiences.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen isn't biotech.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm in oncology and make 144k base. From other reps I know in the OBU, I would say I am in the middle range for base. That being said, I have a few friends that made a 25-35k jump leaving Amgen. A lot of oncology companies are willing to pay for onc experience.

If you are in a separate BU, pay is different. I think 110k is still a great salary for specialty experience, outside of oncology.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

salary not different than other BU's jackass

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? Because I don't know anyone in oncology making as low as 110k base. So, unless the first guy doesn't work here, I believe there IS a difference in pay between BUs.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

cv, INBU, and BCBU are definitely not paid on average what ONC gets. Newer reps get as little as they will take which is usually a reasonable jump after many years making pharma money and bonus. No one is born with ONC experience, you all started somewhere so don't get upset and throw a fit. Rep is a rep. Once you are a good rep there is a certain tipping point where you either do or do not. There is no try.

T J

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yet you still make a lot less in base then the OBU so I guess a rep is not a rep.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks. I had about 8 years elsewhere. I didn't get much of a bump to come over here. I just hear rumor of a lot of reps in INBU making $125. I wonder if that is really true? I know Oncology always pays more.

What was the average raise as I know we're not supposed to ask our teammates about this? I don't think 2% is very good, but I heard the top performers didn't get more than 3. True?

Thank you.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You fell in the middle for merit raises. Next ride along, ask your DM to share the chart. What happens is your manager ranks you (there are 3 ranks- lower than expectations, meets, and exceeds). Then, based on your ranking, raises are in a range. For example, I believe the "meets" expectations ranking was a 1.5-2.5% base salary increase. I can't remember if these are the correct terms because I didn't take notes on the chart, I only listened.

Where you really get a huge bump is in your leveling. When you go from Level 1 to Level 2 or Level 2 to Level 3, you get a very significant bump in pay. The great part about this raise is that it is in addition to your annual merit raise. If you have been here 7 years, I assume you know about the leveling raise. You should have gotten at least one (if not two) of these by now. Again, I don't know if every division is the same. In my BU, that's how it works.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

going to level 3 gets you a whopping 3% raise-the kicker is that they can take it back now if you do not kiss butt and participate in 40 conference calls a year.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The raises are terrible here. The stock is low. They are not competitive with other biotech at all. They don't care.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for the info. I don't think my DM would share this information. He likes to control everything.

appreciate the response.....

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is is the salary for Sr. Specialty Rep, Bone Health and what is bonus target and company car?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

agree. Amgen does not pay well. For being a biotech company, they are not biotech at all. It's micromanaging and more micromanaging. The raises are terrible here, and Amgen doesn't care. Their attitude is leave if you don't like it. Other companies are far more vested into their employees and care about employee morale. They are ranked "the happiest place to work" simply due to 2 shut downs and 10% 401 K match. Salaries are not competitive here.

Regular Pharma pays better.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re a moron. Amgen pays far higher than regular pharmacy..troll elsewhere loser

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen does not always pay more than regular Pharma for the person who called troll. Amgen pays cruddy for the most part. Raises are a complete joke, and they don't keep up with inflation. Many reps left to go to Sanofi, Regeneron, Genentech, etc. They received huge sign on bonuses and 20K or more in salary bumps. Plus, their starting salaries are better too.

Amgen does not care. They just do not care if you stay or leave. that's why the morale is terrible here and so many wanting out of this micromanaging, big Pharma, metric oriented toxic culture that is here.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The culture is toxic but the salaries are high and the 401k is rockstar....Pick your poison

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wasn’t too impressed with merit increases... definitely disappointing.

Not sure how much stock is normal.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry to tell all you superstar reps at Amgen but you are over payed. Do you really think you are worth a base of $125 to $130k a year? There are a hundred reps that would do as good if not a better job and take $80 to $90K base. You better hope you don't get laid off because that big base salary will come back to bite you and limit your chances of getting a job that pays $80 to $90k (which is the going rate for a lot of specialty sales roles today). Repatha, Aimovig, Enbrel are really primary care drugs and don't require having a "specialty" rep selling them. Instead of bitching about what others make you should be very grateful for having your job (and 10% 401k match).:rolleyes::rolleyes: