Salary & Commission guarentee??

Discussion in 'Conmed' started by anonymous, Jul 23, 2015 at 9:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has anyone ever negotiated an income guarantee for the first 12 months with ConMed? There is an opening and according to the recruiter, the current income is very good for the open Sports Med position. After reading several threads on the ConMed board. I am in a "Top 5 best medical device companies to work for", but what I am set to make is not near as much as what I am told the open position will bring.
    If anyone has every secured a guarantee, how did you go about getting it and for how long?

Thank you

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No I haven't, but it was my first med sales company to work for. I am sure some people have been able to do this though.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You should wonder why the previous rep left the company if the money was that good

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with you and that is why I am curious if they do income guarantees? My current company does, but I do not have one myself and I do not know how the rep went about asking for one in a manner that will not rub the hiring manager wrong.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I talked to reps at the meeting who have gotten guarantees. So they will do it for the right person.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will be underpaid, and overworked. If you CAN'T find a job anywhere else, and there's opening here. Sure. Join the sinking ship for a little bit.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good advice. Here’s more:

Ask how many reps have been in the territory in last 1-2 years and why they left. If there’s been 2 or more, proceed with caution. (If possible, find out who the former reps are and get the story behind the manager).

Ask the hiring manager to show you the last 12 months of sales (you’ll see a big discrepancy in what they say you’ll make versus what you’ll actually make in your first 4-6 months).

Negotiate a hire commission payout than what they offer you. Many people have done this.

Good luck and remember “it’s just a job” & a learning experience. Company is not looked upon highly from the outside. They’re up to their heads in debt and have constant turnovers.