Salary for Account Liasons

Discussion in 'Apria' started by Anonymous, May 22, 2012 at 7:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

actually with the new rates released by medicare yesterday, salaries will be reduced and commision will be a thing of the past

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Lisa!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure, just take two, maybe three of the local positions and you'll do fine

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A hospital account manager makes less than a sales representative position? I would expect the hospital work a bit more difficult and therefore, a higher salary. So a 4 year degree won't bring a 65k salary? That's my low limit on base.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hosp account managers are not traditional sales positions and are reimbursed less than sales. You will not make your number as a Hosp account manager. Hospital account managers are pretty much just gophers that only handle 1-4 accounts. You need to apply to for the sales positions. Depending on your experience and other qualifications, you might hit your low base but its a long shot. More importantly, you need to find out the goal for your territory (KFP points) points on average are worth $20 each and I have seen territories that average 60 points up to 500 points a month. You must hit 85% of goal to get commission so ask how many points the territory is currently producing.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what is the difference between account liasons and territory managers? Who gets paid more?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you realize that you can make more money selling mattresses than working at this job?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

account liaisons are typically assigned hospitals. They make less than Territory managers who are assigned Drs offices and some hospitals.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

it can be the easiest low paying job you'll ever have or the hardest high paying job you will ever have. It's one part personal drive and the other part is the strength of your branch and market team.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I could work at a local car dealer and make time as much, plus get to drive a free demo car to boot. Why does anyone stay working for this company?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I still don't get this. I would think dealing with hospitals and navigating through the internal corporate structure and dealing with all the powers that be would be more difficult than calling on individual dr. offices. Wouldn't it be similar to how hospital pharma sales is considered a promotion over primary care?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stop thinking logically...Apria does not make any decision based on what is "logical"..

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because the hospital liaison is really, as others have stated, a "gopher" position. The Sales rep usually gets the account setup in conjunction with HAL if it's not an already established account, and the HAL runs the oxygen tanks to the pt's rooms and chases the Drs down to get documentation and RX forms signed while the Sales rep usually does inservices and checks in with the case managers to make sure that everything is handled. Apria has occasionally filled the HAL positions with service reps who are polished and hard working. I had one I worked with me who did pretty well and left for a competitor because his hiring manager never had him sign the non-compete. :)