Salary

Discussion in 'Chelsea Therapeutics' started by Anonymous, Feb 15, 2012 at 8:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard 2 different things regarding salary. I was told by someone interviewing that salaries would be capped at 100k. I was told more recently that there would be exceptions made for people they really want who are currently making more than 100k and that it would be individualized. Basically they will match or come close to some people's salaries. Im not sure which is accurate but figured I wouls share that info. Good luck to all interviewing!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is true but exceptions will be few and far between. Don't expect many of them. And even for those exceptions i wouldnt expect any more than 110k. There were a couple of managers that pulled out of interviewing for this reason as they could not afford to bring any of their people with them. From a pay standpoint, this is being treated as a primary care sale.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fair comments, but I would say 95% of people focused upon (based on qualifications, specialty experience, applicable relationships, and documented past success)----are below the 110k level.
    Think of it like your rep lunch budget----if you have a truly important customer, you can use more of the budget to do that large scale lunch, but in the end, you still need to manage total dollars among all accounts.

If you get to the hiring manager, you will understand the benefits package----not a dime taken out by company. Do the math on your current company's deductions (including personal use of company car)----your official base is one thing, but what do these mandatory deductions do to your "net paycheck"---where the proverbial rubber meets the road.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a stupid analogy!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The analogy was to post #1 regarding how the company will pay more and/or match bases much higher than their projected range.

The hiring manager walked me through how much my current company takes out for mandatory deductions---was 4900 to their zero... meaning i get paid a whole lot more at teh same base level at Chelsea

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many vacation days do you get??? Will there be a call avg requirement??? please let me know

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Big pharma rep, enough with your inquiries. After reading your questions, just the thought of being on the same sales force as the likes of you has me second guessing whether I want this job.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

exactly. Big pharma need not apply.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh wow, you non- big pharma people are very impressive , and we should be so honored with your prescene. you are full of shit, what do you know a few guys you know very well and you are going to among the top in the first year., but you dont sell shit, you are selling to some of your friends. Whats going to happen when you really have to sell to new customers

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP- Who told you they would go above $100K? I was told by the recruiter that $100k was the max. I have 13 years experience in HIV/Infusion/Vaccines and most recently with another start up selling a biologic pain device. Was making way more than $100k when I got laid off. This is the best opportunity I've found so far, but Chelsea has to understand that if they are not going to at least meet what we were making we will take their $100k in the meantime and continue to interview.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many stock options is your company offering? I am at a similar type company but this place looks a lot better. Does you company want long term care experience , i have quite a few wins but our bounus plans suck. we have people who have produced 1/10 of what i have produced and earing more in bounus!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, i am so impressed!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, I am so impressed!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I find this Chelsea board very interesting. It's clear that management/HR/Senior Leadership is posting. For example, this "net paycheck" post is a dead give-away for management 'speak' as it takes one to no one. Leadership should spend more time planning for a potential launch and less time on surfing the cafe...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No the difference between no and know...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I 'no' one thing Chelsea Leadership flop - your ship has sailed. Game over.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Chelsea salary cap is ZERO!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so sick with all you pricks fighting for this rep and that rep - later managers

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the salary is now zero!!!! asta la vista suckers

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do these companies still want to hire pharma folks? Hire folks who have a hunger and desire. Most of the management here is from big pharma so they still have that mentality. Paying people 100k is ridiculous. Pay folks 40k and give them incentives where they can actually earn bonuses. Pharma folks have the worst ethic.