Salary

Discussion in 'Chelsea Therapeutics' started by Anonymous, Feb 15, 2012 at 8:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, you are rather stupid. They did not get approval. No salary, no job.
    The reason Biotech and small Pharma have higher salaries is 2 fold. High risk and more experience. You can not start a comfy with inexperienced reps that don't even know how to do and expense report let alone find their way around a hospital. Get a clue, this is not PC I am talking about. Also, most territories are very large, in the west 4 or more states is not uncommon. This means 50-80% overnights, it can take a toll on health and family life.
    Most start ups fail, therefore reps run the big risk of being out of a job.
    Big Pharma reps may be more comfortable staying put. You sound like you have absolutely no clue, so stay put and do yourself a favor.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I's nots stupids. I works at amgenz. I'z knowz a few folkz at this co. and knowz theyz hire pharma trollz. Ask Bill Gadzda at your co. I guess you could never hire anyone without pharma/biotech experience? Work/Life balance? If you can't hack the overnights, get out of real sales. The whole pharmacetucial/bio-tech industry is a scam. I have to go enter a call on my IPAD now.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone help me understand why in the world you would take a job here without an approved drug unless you were unemployed? Even if you were unemployed why were you not looking for another job? What is happening to all of the Mgt now that it will be 1.5+ yrs or longer for the drug to hit the market if ever. Can't say I feel badly for whatever the outcome will be for them for making such a stupid decision...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone let me know what are the compnay car choices? How vac days do you get?
    Is there a call average requirement? Do you need to sample on every call? I was just contacted by a recuiter!!!! and i am very interested in your company. I am great fit as a presedent's cluber and very expereicnedd at poding- i was the most respected member of my pod fo 6 people!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Offers were contingent on approval for reps do none were hired. Managers are still on board.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No hiring for at least a year. Read FDA news.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do managers do all day with no drug? Although a private co. it has that Solyndra feel to it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

fuck you !! you non-pharma snob! you think you are so much better cuase you worked for some shit little company that so a product with limited use and you convinced a few friends to write your shit drug. Meanwhile mr pharma is selling lipitor and crestor and selling billions!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come on. Anyone could do both jobs. Who went to school to be a drug rep? You get hired because you know someone at the company. They train you. You get experience and hopefully train new people to be successful. I'm pretty sure Romney or Obama didn't major in foreign affairs or how to be President. Obama actually has no business or private sector experience. They both hire experts on foreign affairs,business,etc. It's always the people who think their job is tough that are the laziest and most insecure.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EXACTLY!!! 100% on!! But the stupid deivice managers "think" that pharma reps are not as "good" as copier idiots!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amgen=Big Pharma. Besides if you work there why would you knock hiring Pharma. Because you do not work in the industry. I am doing very well where I am, thank you for your concern, copy sales rep. Life is a bitch, good luck trying to break into the industry. You will never succeed, you are too late. Too bad you could not get a job 15-20 years ago when they were hiring from Xerox,

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not a big fan of copier sales people,in fact,they are the most unpolished,unprofessional folks you'll ever meet. That being said. Most are hard workers but have absolutely no professionalism. Not all copier sales people have no professionalism but the majority take those jobs because they're a bit rough around the edges. You can teach sales but you can't teach professionalism. Not a ton of inner city folks being hired in pharma,bio-tech,etc. The ones that are,and we know who,usually are the ones that have been put in that position due to affirmative action. That goes for all industries.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow you really are a big ahole.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is this company thread still on here? It should be taken down since these is no Chelsea anymore. Ridiculous

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If u call selling Lipitor "selling" you are insane. Dr sign here please, and bam 50-70% market share. Wow u are good