Salary

Discussion in 'Celgene' started by Anonymous, Mar 7, 2014 at 3:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes, they are being done by the same RMs and the range is 70-90K

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good god how do you people stand to do this job 5, 10 , 20, 30 years? I did it for 3 years and had to move onto management, marketing, training, RD Business Dev etc. How do you still get out of bed every morning for that long and have almost no value? Even money could not make me do it. Why not move onto something else, get promoted, work inside, sell equipment, device, IT, EMR, advertising, salesforce.com etc etc etc? Unless I were making millions I would not be able to do this job knowing I was bringing no value and customers/staff basically cringe when they see me coming and thing so lowly of me.

Dont fool yourself, outside of the 2-3 customers who really like you the other 98 cant stand to see you and feel similar to above. Yes, my wife and brother are physicians believe me its true.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i hope you have found your calling elsewhere. its clear you were not happy in this industry.

4. CJC1215

CJC1215 Guest

Wrong! Where do you get this information from? You are probably the same person who posts EVERY negative comment on every post. If you work for Celgene that is sad if you don't go find something else to do!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some just like the freedom that goes along with sales, as opposed to be tied to a desk/same office all day long every day. I worked in-house for 10 years before going out to the field. I could never go back...would be too confining. Relationships in offices are what you make it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That couldn't be any further from the truth...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, you have taken this position due to your inability to provide value yourself. I (and some of my colleagues) have been around and have sold (successfully) in both the pharma and device arena, respectively. I have seen sales people who had no business being in either arena, let alone sales in any capacity. Have you ever flipped a hospital system (in favor of your product) by quickly cutting through the bureaucracy as a result of relationships and top level knowledge of the environment? Or gaining access to the Surgical setting and partnering with high volume KOL's who you gained instant credibility by improving their outcomes for patients and their department? Probably not.. Those who say we offer no value, or "98% can't stand to see you" have either fabricated their way up to this point in their career or truly have no idea how to bring value.. I would surmise it is a combination of both.. I would doubt that your family is chock full of physicians.. If you notice, the industry continues to consolidate.. It isn't by accident that many of those left standing haven't faked their efforts and actually provide value most of the time..

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must have been promoted to management based on your impeccable ability to model and coach an effective sales model in the sample dropping, primary care sales world? Wow.. Impressive.. However, I call bullshit...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As p diddy would say. "Take that, take that, take that."

#IHaveDifficultyWithTheNOSpamVerificationQuestions sad face.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thats funny. I can't stand your ugly fucking wife and force myself to laugh at your retarded brother every day. But I don't have $100K in student loans and still make WAY more/hour worked than they do...And your wife tells you that she cringes when she sees me coming to mislead you from realizing that she thinks of me the entire time you're inside of her...dummy.
    But at least you have been promoted to add value.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is close to true, confirmed by 2 hr ladies, Danielle and Sandra, 60-80 base. This job blows, for PC reps looking to go "specialty." If you have a good job, do not waste time here.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? I'm at 125 base and said it won't be a problemo moving forward. Must be very specific to the person.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

125 base and u want to come here to sell to derms? AND work for a DM that is 26 w 0 exp? Giddy up, enjoy your 80k + stock. If you provide w2s.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sell pills to derms, making 125k base working for gals 3-4 yrs out if college. Sounds logical.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No chance these dm's are making near a hundred base, not even a backwards company like celgene would promote someone to mngr from rep at some of the lowest level companies in industry and pay them. This is simply a go cheap strategy, that is being continued to hiring low level reps. End of story, bye bye.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is the new forest. The I & I div is the lowest paid in industry, setting a new bar. Talked to Sandra last week, no $.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Such an uneducated statement. I don't know why people on these threads continue to talk about low salaries....I KNOW people who got hired for rheum and I know people who are into the 2nd rounds with Derm and have been PAID 100k plus. For you morons who continue to say people won't get paid more than 80k probably were told by Danielle they would make 60-80k bc she doesn't want you onboard or would take you at that price bc you are a garbage PC rep. End of story. Any current Derm reps who make jump to celgene with a solid track record WILL be paid 100k+ base.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL do you really think they are going to pay a bunch of people 100k plus to drop samples when they can them cheaper. Companies want to save $ today not spend them.