Sales Awards Playing Favorites

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Apr 11, 2018 at 9:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I will respond to this topic as I was a Manager here and have direct experience as to how this process actually transpired.

When I was at Merck, two years ago, 50% of your differentiation was based on actual performance and 50% based on your managers appraisals. I don’t know if that remains the current process.

As managers we would meet with the region director and rank our representatives initially on performance and then our perception. It was an absolute travesty. The RD had their favorites which needed to coincide with managers appraisal. The system allowed your performance to be top ranked but you may walk away with nothing because you did not kiss your managers rear end. It is favoritism at its finest. Managers and RD would laugh at how reps ended up being ranked. It is an immoral process and I am very happy that I no longer have to participate in this process.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Iam now employed at Enterprise Rentals. Less stress and will be assistant manager soon.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I KNEW IT!!!! Michael Raymond LOVED folks who kissed his butt!!! The "winners" were lacklustre and it showed. Glad he was FIRED!!!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lance definitely had his favorite!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I second your excellent description of this process. We called it the meat market. My RM was the biggest asshole alive and loved it. Most of the managers kissed his ass, and went along with the ridiculous game. I had reps who were, without question, great reps in every category.
    I fought like hell for them, but 50% of the time I, and my rep, would lose to an inferior candidate for the obvious reason of ass- kissing, and worse. It infuriated me, and I made my opinions known, with undisputed facts to prove my accusations. I won 50% of those battles, only because I had the respect of our VP of sales. She left, and was replaced by an ass- kissing moron who allowed the ridiculous game to continue. I quit when he allowed a rep to “win” because she was the wife of one of his college buddies.
    I was hired by the VP of sales who I mentioned before. I am now the RM who precides over the meat market where I am now, still Pharma, and you can be damn sure it’s a fair process where the deserving rep wins 99% of the time.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get off your high horse, you didn't get your pick because they weren't worth a shit and obviously you weren't either. I love the sanctimonious assholes!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your an idiot.
    I’ll go with results over your perception of someone’s competency. You can argue the game is rigged from the beginning which I’ll concede because field sales has little to do with actually driving Rx
    Having been in this industry over 25 years there is little doubt that kissing the right ass will get results and it’s a process I despise.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As I previously stated, you are incompetent and devoid of business acumen. You and you alone let your reps down and kept your mouth shut during your own ass kissing.
    Now fade into the woodwork!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are the incompetent/devoid......which means you are nothing more than a pure ass- kisser. Like most, your days are numbered.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re a horse’s ass. You know nothing about it, so shut up.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get off your high horse jack off !

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who gives a crap, POS crappy trophy, piddly check and a trip spent with other delislingers and ahole management.

When you are canned you will learn a Merck VP award don't mean jack crap and pc on your resume gets you a barista job.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey folks the haft assed failed manager pretender keeps attempting to cover his incompetent nonprofessional inactions. That is why the majority need to suffer due to the ass kissing cover the butt management staff. Don't think for a moment that they will sacrifice their bonuses for you never.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wrong, I donate my bonuses to the fired loser rep fund, so you can have one meal a day.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Says the loser who never won an award.
    Want to win one? Grease up those lips.
    I doubt even butt kissing would win you an award with your attitude.
    The other alternative is to work harder, quit your bitching and moaning and stop being the victim of your negativity.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Manager role in pharmaceuticals is an absolutely useless job and a giant waste of money.
    What do they do?
    Coach you. What a joke. The average rep at Merck and most of pharma is about 50 with 10+ years experience. What the hell are they coaching?
    Oh wait, it’s making sure people work. Well you can do that a hell of a lot cheaper than having a lame as Manager check up on you.
    Administrative task. They have few but it’s mostly all automated anymore so all they really have left is to keep the 500 emails they get each day updated.
    Span of control should be about 20:1. I told thisto my last coach. She actually stated that it would limit her opportunity to coach her people. I laughed in her face.

As for the silly differentiation, should be results only. If you can sell you will thrive.

Oh and my buddy that got displaced in January, still looking for a job. Has 4 Presidents awards in his 18 year tenure with Merck. No job. Nobody cares about that award. The year I won was the year I did well but also made my Manager feel like it was her efforts that got me over the hump. I still puke every time I think about it.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Finally someone with a brain! Thank you.