Sales Leadership

Discussion in 'Synergy Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Oct 29, 2017 at 2:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now that is funny. We post during the day, between calls, while working a half day attending my kids ball game or a round of golf. Your time is up, Fat Boy. Tick tick, tick BOOM! Can’t wait!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Boot Matt and give Lindsay everything. THe West deserves a break!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As someone who reports to Lindsay I can assure you that it is no Cakewalk. It's simply a different dance around the landmines. Barely responsive to requests unless you live your entire life via text, slow approval of expense reports, and she's a a vindictive chic who is skilled at viserating those that threaten her in some way (which you never know how or what will set her off) or challenge her antiquated approach to sales, leadership, meetings, you name it. She is the epitome of a snake. You don't see her coming. So I yes her, fawn over her, tolerate her and she leaves me alone.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The company is racing toward bankruptcy
    cash your checks and assume the crash position for the next 12 months

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No joke. I would literally start putting in expense reports weekly.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Read the new Seeking Alpha article just posted. SENIOR SALES MANAGEMENT wrecked this company. Troy was busy getting more money, and the Three Stooges were left in charge. They just cover each other’s behinds and can’t make a good business decision to save their lives or this company. They F’d up!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What's with the west calls?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What’s with bottom performing regions still surviving in the east?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You mean those regions that have hovered in the bottom quarter of the pack since launch? Yet no one puts the slacker RBD on a PIP? And the RGIASs that slide by at the bottom when you put them side by side with the entire sales team vs. having them ranked in a group of 22? You don't have to stretch to find that answer. LJ is MJs right hand. MJ can't even move without LJs input. And while LJ may be unoriginal, MJ is incompetent so she never questions LJ who never questions the East RBDs, which is why they don't leave. Why would we? We just lay low and collect the big paycheck.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From Seeking Alpha

Synergy: The Illusion Of Success Or Grounded Potential? A SWOT Analysis
    Mar. 20, 2018

From the SWOT analysis
    Weaknesses
    • Management decision-making, critical thinking: This is the biggest weakness any firm could have. Successful firms are noted for capable management

From the conclusion:
    There are two points I wish to conclude with:

First, as should be noted, I did not discuss or debate the question of whether Trulance is superior to Linzess for the very reason that the superiority of a differentiated product does not mean consumers (patients) will purchase it. To suggest otherwise exposes one to a quality trap. Without getting too far into history, one can look back at Sony’s (NYSE:SNE) Betamax video recorder as being a very high quality, highly differentiated product that failed to win over the video recording market and was defeated by Matsushita’s (now Panasonic (OTCPK:pCRFY)) VHS recorder that appealed to customers and offset the question of quality.

Second, my experience suggests that the companies that are the most successful are those with talented management. What I learned was to “bet” on and invest in talent, specifically management talent. Now, let me be clear about that. It does not mean management that is beyond criticism, or those having never made a mistake, or those that analysts fall in love with. The truth is talented and successful management operates with an understanding of its strengths and weaknesses, thereby recognizing the full capabilities it can employ in strategic ways to offset its weaknesses and threats (as all companies have weaknesses and face threats). The key is to take advantage of the opportunities in the competitive environment. But this does require management awareness.

I readily acknowledge that I became infatuated with a drug (Trulance), believing its differentiated potential in an organically growing product market would be the affirmed basis for success. Alas, in so doing, I ignored the Synergy management talent; which it seems, retrospectively, lacks true, complex operational experience. This means it is missing certain contextual knowledge that would be the basis for all decisions within the company. And, we need to be clear, management decides everything – What to invest in, whom to hire, what strategies should be employed, how to execute… everything! The biggest problem when making a decision is the failure to recognize not only the external challenges but also the weaknesses inherent within the firm’s internal capabilities. This ignorance can cripple or kill strategic initiatives.

Capabilities are born of experience and, thus, learned over time. This is important because it involves making mistakes, addressing failures, figuring things out, fixing things, and having successes, all of which play into the decision making process and inform one’s instinct or intuition. Let’s face it, when facing a novel situation in a different context, people can fail spectacularly and not even know it because their measure of success is stunted by their limited vision. To this end, I fear Synergy management and its board of directors may suffer the indignities of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Having been part of a due diligence team for a company that made numerous acquisitions and, having done a number of competitive analyses on companies that might be the target for acquisition, I find myself back to where I was when I first wrote about Synergy.

Whether conducting a SWOT analysis or simply reading tea leaves, I remain convinced that Synergy cannot achieve “Linzess-like” success as a stand-alone business. I admire its effort and understand that the commercialization of Trulance improves the intrinsic value of the company when being considered for acquisition. However, the reality is that the sooner management moves toward being acquired, the sooner the shorts exit, the better for long-term shareholders.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lists management as a weakness in the SWOT analysis.
    And the article concludes with:

There are two points I wish to conclude with:

First, as should be noted, I did not discuss or debate the question of whether Trulance is superior to Linzess for the very reason that the superiority of a differentiated product does not mean consumers (patients) will purchase it. To suggest otherwise exposes one to a quality trap. Without getting too far into history, one can look back at Sony’s (NYSE:SNE) Betamax video recorder as being a very high quality, highly differentiated product that failed to win over the video recording market and was defeated by Matsushita’s (now Panasonic (OTCPK:pCRFY)) VHS recorder that appealed to customers and offset the question of quality.

Second, my experience suggests that the companies that are the most successful are those with talented management. What I learned was to “bet” on and invest in talent, specifically management talent. Now, let me be clear about that. It does not mean management that is beyond criticism, or those having never made a mistake, or those that analysts fall in love with. The truth is talented and successful management operates with an understanding of its strengths and weaknesses, thereby recognizing the full capabilities it can employ in strategic ways to offset its weaknesses and threats (as all companies have weaknesses and face threats). The key is to take advantage of the opportunities in the competitive environment. But this does require management awareness.

I readily acknowledge that I became infatuated with a drug (Trulance), believing its differentiated potential in an organically growing product market would be the affirmed basis for success. Alas, in so doing, I ignored the Synergy management talent; which it seems, retrospectively, lacks true, complex operational experience. This means it is missing certain contextual knowledge that would be the basis for all decisions within the company. And, we need to be clear, management decides everything – What to invest in, whom to hire, what strategies should be employed, how to execute… everything! The biggest problem when making a decision is the failure to recognize not only the external challenges but also the weaknesses inherent within the firm’s internal capabilities. This ignorance can cripple or kill strategic initiatives.

Capabilities are born of experience and, thus, learned over time. This is important because it involves making mistakes, addressing failures, figuring things out, fixing things, and having successes, all of which play into the decision making process and inform one’s instinct or intuition. Let’s face it, when facing a novel situation in a different context, people can fail spectacularly and not even know it because their measure of success is stunted by their limited vision. To this end, I fear Synergy management and its board of directors may suffer the indignities of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Having been part of a due diligence team for a company that made numerous acquisitions and, having done a number of competitive analyses on companies that might be the target for acquisition, I find myself back to where I was when I first wrote about Synergy.

Whether conducting a SWOT analysis or simply reading tea leaves, I remain convinced that Synergy cannot achieve “Linzess-like” success as a stand-alone business. I admire its effort and understand that the commercialization of Trulance improves the intrinsic value of the company when being considered for acquisition. However, the reality is that the sooner management moves toward being acquired, the sooner the shorts exit, the better for long-term shareholders.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Too little, too late. Four RBD’s gone. Those phony calls should have happened a long time ago. CYA time for the VP.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They should be gone.
    The former RBD jackass that melted down last week tho.
    One of the most pathetic immature unprofessional public displays I’ve ever seen.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Meltdown? What happened?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who is gone? Initials please.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SA?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OMG he lost it last week

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is not the first time I’ve seen this. Tyrant ABD runs out good people and then proceeds with the smear campaign against them after they are gone. FOUR RBD’s gone in the West??? Despicable.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At least the West ABD has the guts to fire bad RBD's.