Salient Surgical Technologies

Discussion in 'Salient Surgical' started by Anonymous, Dec 30, 2008 at 5:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No way the average rep makes that much. Do some research on what the average MDT rep makes and you will have a better idea.100K is more like it if you make plan.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The at plan pay is 150,000. Top reps have made 300,000. Comp plan will surely change next year. The average pay for a top notch medical device company is 150 to 180. Even the top diabetes reps can make 250 plus. You better hit your numbers or you are out. Hope this helps!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree, many salient reps made between 180 and 200. I am sure the comp plan will allow that to happen next year. That is, if you can hit your growth number. The commission kickers show up after you are above quota. The big payouts were based on a quarterly basis this year. It allowed you to catch up if you were off one month. Some reps did really well. Good luck in your decision. With new leadership next year, no one will know the comp or direction. Could be good or could be bad. The only thing for sure is it will not be the same. Please think about that before you make a decision.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks...that helps. Think I'll stay put for now.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if your smart you wont go there they suck. derek white is a joke. and guy trepainier is an asshole and i was talking to a few of the new owners and they were saying they are going to get rid of a lot of the old pople and bring in new help for less pay. so you will be gone sue and felicia and the rest of the foreigners. cause you all suck

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For the last 4 months my RBD has been an absolute disaster of a boss. Reports due every Monday morning, a report at the end of the week, random mid week reports, and it's all redundant busy work that causes me to take time out of my selling hours. He's trying to justify his job but I'll tell you what I'm sick of it. The last 3 years have been awesome. I have loved my product company and fellow reps. Regardig the last 4 months HATE is not a strong enough word. He's negative in emails and basically is bullying us if we are behind at all. He's tripping the hell out!!! After Tahoe I'm OUT! I hope Larsen or Hironinous read this because they need to stop pressuring the RBD's right into driving us away. Not healthy. Do you think I dont want to hit my goals, and make money? We are doing the best we can out there.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Assuming that the acquisition had anything to do with the management change. They have always been terribly ran. How can 1 company that has only been in business in the new melinium have so many pages of bad publicity and complaints? Sooner or later this product will be seen for the snake oil that it is or glorified bovee that doesn't even cut.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doesnt matter if they figure out its snake oil because they already got bought for 500 fucking million beans! That is some serious jack for this place. No matter what happens going forward they already won and are laughing all the way to the bank.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will be interesting to see what happens in the new year, how can they keep all the same management overhead? Sounds like they are still up to their old ways of pressuring reps to death over selling an expensive cautery device. No new products other than different tips for a small up charge.....Nice!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a manager that works for Tanksley that tells reps that he wished he weren't
    Married and then sends out family Christmas cards, what a sad pathetic individual. Too bad his wife doesn't read these boards! If your wife works for this company I feel for you as the management loves adult bars and womanizing. I am so glad I no longer work there. There is life after that place.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't get a christmas card from Jeff

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice post Nicole. You are a good person and I am sorry they showed you the door for no good reason.

As a non-member of management I can say with certainty that there is no reason to go to an "adult bar" when you have SN around. Didn't she win the bull riding contest this year? How did they saddle Lanigan?

Just some thoughts.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Nicole not with Salient anymore? When i was there she was always near the top.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not sure if the above post about womanizing was from Nicole or not. Yes, Nicole is not with Salient anymore. Good luck with all the changes headed our way. I am very nervous. When Medtronic buys someone, the changes will come. Lets hang on tight, first quarter could be a doozy!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By no means is the product snake oil, it's just expensive. The product is definitely better than the management, at least in my area under DT. they pressure us way too much.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I talked to a recruiter today, says avg rep makes 300K, seems too good to be true. I am familiar with the Haemo industry and currently work in the OR, just seeing what's out there.... Someone give me the real scoop. Thx.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With the grace of god Dana made 500k this year. But your not him. No one is. He makes Tim Tebow look like a bum.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok. I didn't ask about Dana. I asked about the average rep and the real scoop on the company. I realize there are mostly disgruntled people who post here, just hoping to reach a realist. Again, very familiar with the industry. Thx in advance for appropriate responses.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are an average looking rep with fake tits you'll make plenty.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Avg reps make $140