Salix - Xifaxan in trouble

Discussion in 'Salix' started by Anonymous, May 26, 2011 at 7:17 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Xifaxan is indicated for HE. Most of the target market are cirrhotics who either have Hep C. or are alcoholics or both. Merck and Vertex just launched products that virtually get rid of Hep C, leaving the future of Xifaxan at Salix to just chronic alcoholics, cutting the target market down and ultimately really damaging profits.

HE is NOW a shrinking market that could potentially go away with the new treatments and the company had better move on IBS, another indication or pick up another product because Relistor is not the savior.

I'm just preparing you all for a flurry of emails in the upcoming few months that will come around 4:58 on a Friday afternoon that will claim that you're a shitty sales rep. when it's the tip of the Salix iceberg that needs to melt away.

In terms of Salix being for sale. Salix could have sold a week before the FDA announced the IBS status and every stock holder would have made out well. Now, the company isn't worth as much, especially if you consider future earnings soley based on the earning potential of Xifaxan for HE.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Karma..........................................

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only time when this company will meet its maker, lots of illegal and off-label promotions. Just look at the Ohio reps, fines are coming.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with "Karma". I have heard too many bad things about this company.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are clearly an idiot

QUOTE=Anonymous;3964584]Xifaxan is indicated for HE. Most of the target market are cirrhotics who either have Hep C. or are alcoholics or both. Merck and Vertex just launched products that virtually get rid of Hep C, leaving the future of Xifaxan at Salix to just chronic alcoholics, cutting the target market down and ultimately really damaging profits.

HE is NOW a shrinking market that could potentially go away with the new treatments and the company had better move on IBS, another indication or pick up another product because Relistor is not the savior.

I'm just preparing you all for a flurry of emails in the upcoming few months that will come around 4:58 on a Friday afternoon that will claim that you're a shitty sales rep. when it's the tip of the Salix iceberg that needs to melt away.

In terms of Salix being for sale. Salix could have sold a week before the FDA announced the IBS status and every stock holder would have made out well. Now, the company isn't worth as much, especially if you consider future earnings soley based on the earning potential of Xifaxan for HE.[/QUOTE]

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why what happened with the Ohio reps? What part of Ohio?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why, what happened with Ohio reps? What part of Ohio?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who ever wrote this post is a moron. I used to work for this company. Every company I have been at does the same things as salix. It is not isolated to them. Whoever you are, you are just a jealous person that everyone there who has been around for a while is a millionaire. Also, Xifaxan is not in trouble. You just demonstrated how little your brain is by making that comment. Exactly what % of Xifaxan sales are accounted for by HE? If you could answer that question you would have not even made that ridiculous comment. Salix has a decent pipeline and a ton of cash. Just continue to sell your mediocre 5-asa product as whatever big pharma company you work for while the salix reps continue to plan for an early retirement.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Scott, you are clearly the poster and a complete idiot if you think we don't know it. You are in your dysfunctional, delusional Salix bubble. You are one of the most despised sales managers in all of the industry, and would not be able to find a job at a "real" pharmaceutical company. I would bet money that at some point you tried to get a job in "big pharma" and were rejected. You despise any employees who come to Salix from big pharma, because YOU could not make the cut there. You clearly are the idiot. Now get a life, and go do some self-reflection on the horrible impact you have made on so many lives.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd estimimate that about 5%-10% of Xifaxan prescriptions are written for HE. Take a look at the size of the prescriptions, most fall short of a month supply necessary for treating HE. I have heard countless speakers, who are thought leaders in liver disease, do educational talks and all of them complain that Xifaxan is expensive. They even go so far as to say that probiotics might be cost effective and offer equally effective efficacy in treating HE. Thought leaders usually sit on or advise formulary boards at insurance company's. Could explain why coverage is shit in Medicare Part D plans.

HE is a symptom of cirhossis. Cirhotics make up a small section and HE is a subjection. These are small patient populations and the number of prescriptions needed to hit ones sales goal is not representative of what is actually available if physicians only use the product for overt HE. Patients who are diagnosed with overt HE have decompensated and are immedately put on transplant lists.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The goals. Last year doctors loaded up on scripts in the fourth quarter of the year because reps told them to ride the wave into an IBS approval. This year, that bubble has burst for many reps and doctors are putting their license on the line writing it off label.

For example, let's say you went to a doctor and your doctor gave you a prescription for 60 tabs of Xifaxan for IBS. It got approved using the HELP line as HE. So, Salix fires you for having three "bad" quarters in a row or whatever bullshit reason they decide to make up. Now you have to find private insurance with a pre existing condition of a degenerative liver disease. Good luck.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happened to the Ohio Reps?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also, what's up with Mark Lyon? Is that guy odd?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where is Scott now?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

are ypu talking about Scott from Happy Days? He is selling Depends