Sample expectations

Discussion in 'Salix' started by anonymous, Jun 22, 2017 at 5:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did they really just say that they expect every call to be a sample call? average of 9 sample calls per day???????? Are you people nuts?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They just lost half the sales force with this move. Complete BS! Time to start looking.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What..... you have to actually work a full day for your 6 figure job now? Oh no.....
    There's a new sheriff in town ......

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like a DM comment. Get your ass out here making 9 calls with signatures in these insanely large territories. You wouldn't last two months.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No im a rep whose counterpart is finally going to have to do something and maybe actually work more than 2-3 hours a day .

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ummm hello! 3/4 of my offices have a no sample policy.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then guess what - we probably don't need a rep in that territory. If they don't take samples they likely don't talk to you either. The gravy train is over- There is a new sheriff in town. Between him and ZS associates (who have been in house for some time doing these types of analysis') Before long - we no longer have reps where it doesn't make sense.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You wont have reps where it makes sense either. They will quit because of the micromanaging and unrealistic expectations. This company wonders why we have have such a high turnover.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then guess what, YOU ARE CLUELESS. I have numerous hospital systems that have a no sample policy but they absolutely do see reps. Don't spout off about things you know absolutely NOTHING about.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

^^ Truth!!!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'd have no problem with that If I got enough samples to do that. They are so stingy & control freaks with shipping them out.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The real issue here is that when I'm doing an inservice, I don't ask every doc for a sig. I get ONE because it would be stupid to get 4. They are just trying to make sure we are working. Period.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are used to signing anything that you put in front of them. They will sign for calls with no samples Why in the world wouldn't you get 4 signatures if you could? Just give them the damn signatures if they want them .

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ever heard of large hospitals systems....most don't sample

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who was the dumbass who came up with the idea of having every provider sign for one sample (whether or not the need them)? Since instituting this policy I have spent the majority of my time chasing signatures instead of having meaningful conversations with my customers. At a lunch last week my manager had to be my ipad operator and load the data and samples while I focused on the messaging and listening to my customers' needs. This is what has made Salix #1 in the GI offices---not focusing on the ipad to make sure everyone gets one sample. Today I had a lunch with my biggest account. Because this office of 9 providers utilize a lot of samples and often calls for additional samples especially for the HE patients waiting for patient assistance to kick in, I needed all 9 to sign for one sample each. I spend the precious little time I had in front of the providers loading each sample in that I did not have a single productive conversation. A couple of the providers walked off while waiting for me to pull them up in the system. As a result, I was not able to leave the amount of samples the office had requested. I will be traveling back tomorrow to get two additional signatures in order to service this office. This is crazy and not a productive way to spend my time. I thought we were going to focus on the customers and patients needs not utilize our samples and ipads as a way to ensure we are working. Note to management: If you think a rep is not working unless they show proof in getting signatures for samples, you are idiots. I have won two PC awards during my 5+ years here at Salix and I have done that by focusing on my customers and their patients and utilizing my samples where they are most needed in order to generate sales. This new policy has me rethinking my career here at Salix. I have worked hard to have the consultative relationship with my customers and this is simply a way to try to micromanage reps. After I get my signature for the last two Xifaxan samples I have in my possession tomorrow I will no doubt end up on a naughty list because I did not get any more sample signatures for the month. Well at least I will be able to focus on my customer.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I totally agree with the last poster. Management needs to rethink this stupid sampling plan. I am forced to leave samples where they are not needed just to prove I was there. Whoever thought this was a great idea for the GI saleforce should be fired!!!! Morale has taken a nose dive and resignations are coming soon. Expect a small crowd at the upcoming POA.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Worst policy ever!!!! Not enough samples to get all those signatures and takes the focus off of selling and customer and puts it on data entry. Why not allow us as professionals decide who to sample and how much based on prescribing habit? Now that is a novel idea!!! Way to micromanage Salix.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your manager is CLUELESS - and your post makes me think that you may be a little bit as well...
    There are so many things that are illogical about your comments above- I don't think that you get "IT"

That logic / lack of business sense won you 2 p clubs?

Yes it is more challenging now to leave large quantities of samples in offices - but we have only had 3 cases total since the new packaging - so it hasn't been able to be a problem yet - that's why I think you majorly exaggerated your "story" FYI- there is nothing that prevents you from leaving more than 1 sample with each HCP. And you let the office dictate how many samples they want /need?

Traveling back tomorrow to get more signatures? Huh??? Two additional signatures to service this account ? HUH? Per your example - you could have easily left any of the 9 HCP's that you sampled more than 1.

You have either made up a terrible story or you really are clueless as to how you manage your business. Use some common sense...

A few of your points are valid - but your "story" dilutes them.

#BeABigBoy/Girl

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest