SAMs

Discussion in 'SkinMedica' started by Anonymous, Sep 18, 2013 at 11:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone else think the SAM position is a waste???? All mine does is discuss promotions. Sell in a ton without a pull through program or strategy. I'm not impressed! Mine hasn't brought anything to the table that a TM doesn't talk about. Love to know where their development is. I've never once seen a follow up email to an account with a detailed plan like we are required to do. Second thought, I've never seen them do any follow up to an account.

And mine chose accounts that I already had huge growth in... Maybe to make her look better. Way to ride on my coat tails.

Lastly, mine thinks she's my manager. I guess I have 2 managers??? Lol...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is exactly how we all feel. Not quit sure why they keep them around. They do not help me grow that accounts business anymore than I have already been doing. What is the benefit. You are paying double. The SAM gets all of the credit for you doing all of the work. Makes sense to me!!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is so true. Ours gets in the way of everything I have going on. I don't want or need a SAM! Or the SAMS don't need us! Make up your mind Allergan! These are redundant positions!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SAM=Super Rep! What a joke

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

very true! Mine does nothing to help grow the business. Their position should go away and have my APC pick up retail. I love my APC. She helps way more and Skinmedica isn't even a part of her quota. SAM does NOT equal an APC.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Myron S is total bag of sand! Collects sky miles, hotel points, credit card points, gets paid more than us reps and makes bonus money based on MY sales!! What a total joke! Accounts ask us all the time, "who's that Myron dude? What does he do?" Ummmm, we have no clue!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahahahahaha!! That last post is such a perfect description! So our top accounts have a rep, a RSM, and SAM??? Wow, what brilliant Harvard grad set up that triple pay threat? I can assure you, I do not need a SAM! If you think reps need a SAM, you should be firing the rep and the RSM!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well my SAM isn't even returning calls today so I guess the urgency only flows down to the rep. I guess I'll have to be running around like a whore on Monday to try to hit this quota. What a joke!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hate end of month too! Plan your business and work the plan is how i do my business. My manager turns me into someone I'm not... Aggressive and a begger. She only cares because she needs to hit her number and buy herself a new pair of Gucci dhoes. . 1 on 1 calls are not proactive they are reactive and she barks order. Uck!! I hate this madness!

Ps- my Sam called to know where else I'm getting additional dollars. I never hear from her except when her dollars are concerned. And how I'm going to get them for her. Uck!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My SAM hasn't even mumbled the word latisse in my account all year and now that it's year end and she's behind in her number she wants me to condone bring aggressive with my acct so she can make her number. Hahaha. Never happening. I can't stand her and could care less to help her.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I really hope you stick to your guns. F those idiot SAM's! All they do is collect hotel points and go to free lunches and dinners. They are worthless!! Allergan, look at this position and get rid of it in 2014! None of us need or want a SAM!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true! We don't need SAMs! Get rid of the position Allergan. They contribute less than a TM!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true! We don't need SAMs! Get rid of the position Allergan. They contribute less than a TM!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I recently had a meeting in an account where my SAM talked over me the entire time! If I came up with an idea she took it over and then "helped me" plan promotions in an aggressive condensing way. Seriously??? If she is going to do my job and add no additional value then just become a TM.

My SAM is an overpaid TM that doesn't add value. She knows one thing... Short term sell! Business development and long term growth isn't even a part of her vocabulary.

Omg I don't want a SAM in my accounts next year!!!!!

And she's so rough around the edges. I can't stand the sound of her voice !

I would rather have a regional trainer just for our region over a SAM. ... Just a thought upper mgt!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HR wake up......
    the poor SAM in Fl. is literally covering the whole state. Honestly, what happened to the Southeast team. I heard the Regional ran off just about the entire team. What is it going to take to make a change in that state. Get a clue and get rid of that dead weight of an excuse for a manager before everyone left flees for their sanity too.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tracy you suck! Get off your high horse. Regardless of what you say- you are NOT my manager.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who's Tracy?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody find any value on these people yet? How'd they do for you in Dec? Jan? Any month? Anything they do that you can't do yourself?? Wouldn't you prefer to do it yourself with no interference? I would! HR, we do not need SAM's. Make Joe do something like making sure the RD's know the strategic accounts and that the RSM's do something besides rely on unreliable SAM's!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My SAM is excellent. She helps me more than anyone else so why would I want her to leave. Lots of others who don't drive business that could go - like RM?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your SAM does things with your accounts that you can't do then?? So we have a rep, a SAM, and a manager all responsible for the same accounts in some cases? Really dumb model.