Samsca

Discussion in 'Otsuka' started by Anonymous, Feb 16, 2014 at 10:49 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I plan on leaving asap. There will be no hospital team by the end of year. Rolling into Neuroscience eventually. Samsca is dead unless PKD happens. This has been a complete disaster since the label change.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Were these hospital or NS? Alkermes hires?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SF is only an RD because Baker hired him when HV passed on him. HV hired CB over SF. They interviewed for the same NS region. True Story!

SF is bad at hiring. He has a DM in Cali that is useless.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone else having poor attendance at dinner programs? My last two programs had less than five people show up. My DM is freaking out about the poor turnout and that it is mostly nurses and retired physicians who show up. Booth displays have fewer people stopping by to hear about samsca, feel like we are doomed unless ADPKD happens soon.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was looking forward to having a new drug to sell and having time out of the field for training. Samsca and I have been together for a long time and a break from selling it was going to be good for both of us. Imagine my surprise upon hearing the plan was business as usual for Samsca and training to sell Abilify M. at the same time.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There will be nothing fun in the hospital division. These "leaders" will find a way to screw this up or make things over - complicated. Maintena will not be a cakewalk and we'll still be stuck selling Samsca. Samsca is an absolutely horrible drug and is worthless. I'm leaving asap. Just like everyone else.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How are tolvaptan sales this year? I left a few months ago and was wondering if sales are better now.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

About the same as they were last year! We are about 87% of goal through February data.
    Just be glad you got out, this place is a complete clusterf$&k!!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the sales update, I hope things get better for the hospital team. I respect all of you out there who still keep trying, it is a tough market.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At APA their data looked really great for both bipolar - acute mania and the depressed phase. I know they had schiz data but I didn't get a chance to see that. From what I got, it's going to be a very slow roll out. They are in no rush. But the data looked good.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A 7% price increase, really? I know I will have hospitals restrict use even more than they do now as a result. Hospitals are under increasing pressure to control costs anyway they can and drug budgets are a target for cost controls. A pharmacy buyer recently told me that generic prices have increased 20% since a year ago and they trying to control costs anyway they can. The more the price goes up the more useless the FDAMA data becomes.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...hospital sales is horrible work this day and age. Price controls, zero access...unrealistic sales management. So glad I am interviewing to leave.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Samsca is a horrible drug. Abilify Maintena will fail to gain hospital traction. Layoffs are immanent. Get out now.