Sanofi Genzyme insights

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by anonymous, Jan 29, 2018 at 12:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hello all -

Most of this board looks like Sanofi pharma posts, and I'm hoping to get some insights into Sanofi Genzyme after being contacted by a recruiter. Looking for candid and fair perspectives.

I know of some changes like David Meeker left last year and the current purchase of Bioverativ (which will presumably be folded into Genzyme?).

What is it like at Sanofi Genzyme and how do they treat their reps? How is management, how is the leadership, how is the culture, what is your outlook, etc.?

Is one sales team or region better than others? Can you make money?

Thanks!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has anyone ever told you that you are analytical and detailed? Able to uncover intel by turning over every stone?

Well, they lied to you.
    Some can’t see the forest because of the trees.
    Believe you would fit that category.

You’re perfect for the job. Come aboard to Sanofi where all your hopes and dreams come true!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is the good part of the company to work for. They recently had to give a pay raise to that side to keep reps because they were leaving for better paying gigs. I can't tell you a lot about their leadership but I do know the new VP of Rare Diseases is good and fights for his reps. I know some Sanofi people on here will disagree but that is because they were tortured for a long time with bad ABL's that couldn't push back or wouldn't because of the culture of fear that was created at home office and Paris.
    A chance to interview with them is a good opportunity. They don't use the same metrics as the Sanofi side but I will tell you that they are pushing down to the reps to use VEEVA more, and use the Challenger sales model. Don't be dissuaded by Challenger because Sanofi rolled it horrifically to PCP and Specialty. I hope this helps. I can't wait to read l of the sarcastic comments that come after this post.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There have been a ton of major changes to Genzyme , and not for the best. I will agree with the other previous poster that it's the better, perhaps best part of Sanofi. It's separate from Sanofi, but barely now. Sanofi thinks rare should function like regular pharma , when it's no where close to it. It's getting everyone very nervous. Now I am taking about the rare division. There has been a ton of turnover because every single other biotech was paying significantly more. Yea, they bumped things up a little, and it quieted some down. But the new VP coming from Sanofi diabetes is worrisome. Bill doesn't want to understand or appreciate how rare works. And he is wanting to implement a system that has already failed twice. So typical Sanofi fashion of not listening to the reps/managers and doing the opposite of what works.
    So the future doesn't look great, when this was a good company to be in. That being said, if rare is what you're looking into, than tbe experience here will significantly help you in future gigs. Good luck.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Full disclosure so you understand my perspective: I am sanofi dcv. This once fine company now treats sales reps like junkyard dogs. But this ongoing assault on sales peeps is only a result of feckless management refusing to accept accountability for their own poor decisions: choosing the wrong new drugs to develop and launch, horrible market research and marketing, and a toxic culture that embraces yes men and the status quo. Many years of this degradation have taken a toll on cash flow and declining sales are Increasingly taking a toll. With a meager pipeline its anyones guess what happens next. Watch your back here and have an exit strategy

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thanks for the help

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I won't bother with sarcasm. I will just say you are wrong. The new VP fights for his reps? I would love to know why you think that. And "tortured by ABL's?" Seriously? UM. NO. The torture had roughly 0 to do with ABLs. The ABL's were tortured right along side of the reps and the instruments used were even more pernicious. Everything that transpired since 2006 or so has everything to do with Upper level mismanagement. Many of them are gone but the destruction that was unleashed created a situation where the company is unable to attract better and more competent leadership. Now the infection is spreading from DCV to other divisions. Truth.