SB

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, May 25, 2014 at 7:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't plan to return until September but things heating up fast, looks like climate survey will be canceled, surprised? Amgen plans to move 50% of current sales force out and bring on several CSO's, today there are about 1400 reps and that number will be 700 Amgen by 2016 and it starts with bcbu, look at recent choices, no more meetings this year, all your money being pulled too, plan is to drop to 4 regions, 30 districts and 300 reps. timing still tbd but will post once more is available, many other changes for to based staff, all worse - SB

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for your info SB!! Please continue to keep us updated - very much appreciated

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If only I had made the choice to get out before they RIF me.....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

those not included in RIF will get a chance in next three years, in june all afp programs go to ceo and board for approval and they implement in july so think similar timing to this year, either october or january depending on how much can get done. customer facing model and ace is first step, they will be taking sales reps, dm and rd jobs to staff these. if you get a good offer take it, bcbu is first hit, then inbu and obu is last, more to come, - SB

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SB- are just referring to RIF or also VTP? I am assuming VTP will be offered to all employees that qualify, not just by department or business group.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you know of any timeframe on this RIF? It would be nice to know when it's going to happen so people can plan accordingly. Is it pre or post the summer shutdown?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

all the AFP and reduction initiatives go to CEO in early June and board shortly after, there is not a specific date yet, yes to VTP and it likely falls between July and early October and the RIF would follow, presumably lower in number as staff accept vtp, also plans to move pieces of R&D and operations out of TO will be decided by end june, when field changes hit they will be sudden and they will be dramatic, - SB

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a field rep in the BCBU. I do not know what AFP and VTP and RIF mean. Do you mean field layoffs would be announced between July-October?. I Need a plan fast! Thanks so much for the heads up SB!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AFP (Amgen Full Potential - i.e. more contractors/outsourcing)
    RIF (Reduction In Force)
    VTP (Voluntary Transition Program): See below for a copy of the last time this happened. I'm guessing you'll see something similar in a couple months.

To: All Amgen Staff in the United States

Date: August 16, 2007

Re: Voluntary Transition Program (VTP)

As Kevin announced yesterday, we are implementing a Voluntary Transition Program (VTP) as part of our restructuring. While this voluntary program does not eliminate the need for an involuntary reduction, it will reduce the number of people affected by a reduction in force. Approximately 2,300 staff members in the United States will be eligible to apply for the VTP, based on their years of service and age.

The VTP applications will be reviewed based on business need. Those eligible staff members who apply and are selected for the program will resign from Amgen and sign a release to receive severance, including cash, continuation of health insurance and other benefits. In some cases, applications will be denied.

Clearly, a reduction in force is not something that anyone ever wants to experience. Given our business reality we must address our staffing levels and a voluntary program provides an option to those staff members who want to transition to early retirement or to pursue other interests.

All staff members who are eligible to apply for the VTP will receive an e-mail with specific details about the VTP on Friday, August 17.

Who is eligible for the VTP?

To be eligible for the VTP, a staff member must:
    • Have at least 5 years of service as of November 16, 2007
    • Have a total of 55 “points” when years of service and age are added together
    • Be currently assigned to a regular work location in the United States (not including Puerto Rico)
    • Be in levels 1 through 8 (i.e., Executive Director or below)

Due to specific business needs, the following staff members are not eligible for the VTP, even if they meet the points and other criteria. All staff in these groups will be exempt from any involuntary reduction in force in 2007.
    • All staff eligible for the Sales Incentive Compensation Program
    • Levels 5 and above in the Regional Medical Liaisons Organization
    • Law Department
    • Corporate Compliance Department
    • Expatriates

What is the process?
    If you are eligible for the VTP, you will receive an e-mail tomorrow, August 17, containing a link to your personalized VTP documents. Eligible staff will have until September 7, 2007, to submit an “Election to Participate” form. Everyone who volunteers will be notified on or about September 19, 2007, whether their applications are accepted or denied.

The severance benefits offered in the VTP include a combination of cash benefits, medical coverage and outplacement/financial counseling services. We believe these benefits offer an attractive package for those interested to consider.

It is important to note that the VTP is open only to those staff members who are eligible. We will not be accepting any other applications. Org Unit leaders who have eligible staff in their groups will receive invitations to manager training sessions. Eligible staff will receive complete details of the VTP on Friday along with contacts and resources for additional information.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If what SB is saying is true. The BCBU is about 400 now. That's only a reduction of 100 SBRs. It's a lot, but I'll take my chances. That FLAG conference call last week about how everything is "so wonderful in the BHBU", lies upon lies.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about thinning the heard of all those RMLs out there that basically visit MDs with zero accountability. Why target the BSRs who actually carry a number and deliver sales.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMGN sold a bill of goods then on CSOs. No ROI on rent-a-reps. BCBU is bear bones in PCP amongst Big Pharma forces.

Bankster Boob will learn the hard way.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bankster Bob and the B o D are fluffing out their golden parachutes with stock options. In the old days pharmaceutical companies acquired smaller companies and cannibalized them. Amgen is going one further and cannibalizing itself. It will sub contract, move over seas, dissolve departments, acquire and consume innovative companies, rif its employees, continuously hunt for the land of no taxes and maybe the land of no wages.... getting tighter and cheaper..and puff up those stocks so that the CEO can retire like a real American capitalistic glutton. He will probably not have grown the company at all and even if it survives overseas, our technology, our plants, our patents...........will eventually belong to all those other countries. The other nations eventually will either disobey the patent laws, or they will nationalize the resource(plants, documents), or Amgen will finally ultimately lose all control of so many local and international subcontracts that it will have a fatal warning letter from some regulatory agency. And then Bob will retire....with multiple tens of millions and no accountability. It's all the rage. All the big pharma CEOs are doing it. They are selling out on American innovation, selling out the middle class, selling out the hard working people of this company and I think, risking the patients they supposedly serve. But, he will be very very rich. Not to mention the all free jet plane rides he gets on the Amgen jets even well after retirement.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

to be clear this isn't limited to bcbu, it's all of amgen field staff and that means all, account managers, rml, etc. all. prior post on rif and vtp were right. the plans for re-org are being presented to ceo and board in june and then work begins to implement and best timing i have is july to sept/oct, as i get more i will share but you should certainly entertain other offers and giving your best effort to a company that cares so little about you is senseless, - SB

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the bcbu is going to hire 600-800 more reps including RSDs, DMs, and sales

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they will hire 4 rds, 40 dms and 380 specialty staff, one rd hired already and 10 dm, some staffing from current sales forces for the field reps, the additional reps that call on pcp will all be part of a cso and not amgen staff, this decision has been made but not communicated, your numbers are wrong, - SB

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you aware of any SWK taking place this summer? I know that all PLMs are on a CDE moving forward and that half of GGR will spread out to ASW by years end.

FNJ should help but AQR will most likely fill in where HYT is less available to the HYU

Other than that, the only other LOMs should be accessible via SNG and / or DWA

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: SB are DOA

LOL they should take TWA instead. The SWK, PLM, CDE, GGR, ASW, FNJ, AQR, LOM, SNG and DWA are DOA. The guys talking this are strictly OTL.