Scrubs or suit?

Discussion in 'ConvaTec' started by Anonymous, Mar 30, 2015 at 8:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't get it.. never wore scrubs but lately I wonder if I should. Every other device rep does. What do you choose?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Certainly don't wear scrubs that say Convatec that's just embarrassing and Mgmt might find out you actually spent money on the embroidery. I get so sick of reading this old tired suits or scrubs question, wear what the hell you want who gives a shit.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Several years back, I was given a set of scrubs at a NSM. I really just thought it was bizarre. I never wore them and they are stashed in the garage in case I want to paint in them. They do have "ConvaTec" embroidered on them so that in itself is not something I wanted to display in public.

If you are indeed going into the OR, they will provide you hospital scrubs. Wearing your own scrubs into a hospital and expecting them to be considered sterile and acceptable in the OR makes you an idiot. On the other hand if you have no real need to be in scrubs (are you a clinician with patient access) why on earth would you wear them? I am guessing many reps thinks it makes them look cool or qualified beyond being just a sales rep.

I consider this an ego decision.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here. I agree with everything said. Unless a rep is in the OR (where they would change into sterile hospital-provided attire) scrubs are not for me. I asked because I have seen reps wearing them and when I ask what they sell, it's often NOT procedure-related.

Glad to hear there are other normal people out there who aren't pretending to be someone they are not.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You people have obviously never worked in an OR. The hospital provides scrubs to necessary OR people that have been laundered in a high heat mode to clean them as best as possible. Scrubs are not sterile. The OR itself is a clean environment. The actual team that scrubs in and involved with the case are the only "sterile" people. Use your lingo properly.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry, after I sent the "sterile" comment, I relaized my error and was waiting for the hand slap. I have worked the OR and do know the drill well. Thanks for setting it straight for those that do not know.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Instead of worrying about petty shit consider this benefits of wearing scrubs, one you aren't the ENEMY in a suit. I think Reps in suits look Pharma and always out of place, stop spending your time judging and consider the smarter benefits to wearing scrubs. I think suit wearing Reps are old school and look dated.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sound like a real ass.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

scrubs are a good look if you admire medical assistant attire....I hope you dingdong's that are wearing scrubs know that your the joke of a lot of surgeons

& the argument that they are just so comfortable is ridiculous, why not wear shorts & flip flops, they're comfortable

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think these comments are spot on, suits (especially old smelly ass dated ones) are the worst ever, when you add some value and help a Surgeon save some bodies ass he/she won't give one shit about your scrubs. Learn how to sell something you fools and loose the suits.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Scrubs when you will be getting hospital scrubs or may have to jump into a case....there aren't lockers ever available and where do you want to hang your suit so that it doesn't accidentally walk out? Suits only for high level meetings (and really, are you a C Suite guy?) or sportcoat for business meetings where the physician or supply chain will be dressed the same. I had an office manager thankfully tell me one time that when visiting the office for a lunch the doctor expected me to be in business attire. Not a suit necessarily, but not scrubs.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wear what I feel like depending on the day. My doctors know me and work with me regardless. I'm beyond worrying about that. Just know your product and how to service your customers...scrubs or suit.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When I worked at your low life company I wore scrubs. I was a top rep and it made it easier to get in to the hospitals and I was at the level of the staff. I only wore suits at corp meetings or special presentations. I think rather than worrying about clothing options you should concern yourself with options at a different company. I love reading these posts. It makes so happy to be at a gold standard quality company now.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I chose to leave The Con...why don't you before they can your ass? Who gives a fuck about scrubs or suit? Worry about the awful shit hole you work for.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest