Scrubs

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, May 18, 2020 at 7:36 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks AZ, for making an informed, intelligent decision allowing field sales to wear scrubs upon return to field. The only drawback is that the attire policy should have been amended long ago. It shouldn't have taken a pandemic. The attire policy is out of touch with today, and the majority of physicians DO NOT feel comfortable with reps "dressing up" our customers with full business attire, be it dresses or suits. It's simply intimidating to them. Scrubs are neutral. Hopefully the field feedback to upper management will be so strong that the dress code will be updated vs antiquated. And scrubs won't be temporary. HR, take notice.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Under the old reality I have to agree that scrubs are a little ridiculous for reps to wear unless legitimately spending days in ORs...however, under the new way of the world...It's actually quite appropriate. And so damn comfy! My poor dry cleaner will not be happy!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When I have scrubs on I’m complimented on being a front line worker. It’s awesome.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Scrubs will be the new norm for us.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Walking into a PCP office that isn't in the hospital in scrubs? Good luck with that one. I can see khaki's and a nice button downed shirt to align with your premise above, but scrubs? No thank you. Look like an idiot.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Scrubs in an office based setting is dumb. Guys....wear a suit. No....doctors are not intimidated by a professional looking rep. That’s absurd

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're a tool. If you're not working cases or clinic days, wear business attire. No matter how hard you try, you're not a device rep.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hopefully it won’t be temporary. Amgen wore them before, and Novo has always worn golf shirts.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I actually have had convos with my providers about this. They are legitimately appreciative that our company is providing us with PPE. Some of my offices are only seeing patients who are sick who could potentially have COVID. Others are not. But they appreciate that we are taking precautions to not continue the spread, to try and limit what they are already exposed to. The fact that our company is providing us with PPE shows our respect for our customers and their patients. It should not be something to be scoffed at. No we are not device representatives. Thanks idiots for pointing out the obvious. I don’t think our providers could tell a difference. Please. But if it makes our providers and their patients feel more comfortable, then what is the problem. Where your suits if you need to...But there is a reason that people where PPE, to provide safety to the people around them. And anyone who negates that for a second is just either completely kidding themselves, or has an ego, or just feels the need to be argumentative for no reason. Get a life. Also it helps if the logo is on there so they can identify you, also a safety thing. And it’s a privilege to help be a part of any solution right now for anyone. And not a further nuisance or part of the problem. Respect everyone out there doing their jobs. If they want to wear scrubs and PPE, do them a favor and do NOT belittle it. And do NOT belittle anyone’s job right now. We are all in this together. If you forget that you forget everything. I’ll wear the PPE and scrubs out of respect to my offices, providers and patients. Until they tell me they feel comfortable with me coming in like I used to. Until then, get a life people. You should be proud to be part of an organization that is helping people where they can right now. And not negate stupid shit that’s a no brainer on this site! PEACE

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You really want to pay to dry clean a suit every day? My offices don’t care what I am wearing and I’m sure no one else’s do either. They have more important things to deal with right now! You can wear whatever you want, but don’t tell other reps what to do!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

bring professionalism to the job...scrubs Don’t do that. Yes...docs don’t care. But the deference we show to physicians sends a message to patients.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well....I own more than one suit. If you dry clean your suit every day it will last a month....maybe. I avg twice a year for each suit. Shirts are wrinkle free...so there is that.

Anyone ever teach you about managing a professional wardrobe? I guess that gets lost on millennials.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Scrubs are ridiculous and just lazy, don't do it. You are not a 'front line worker' to the poster who mentioned that, despite your attempts to come off as one on your starbucks run.

I think it is a great idea for all of us to be a bit more casual in the office. Dress like your doctors, for the guys, a neatly pressed button-down and khakis, no tie or jacket. Females have more leeway I suppose. I always felt like being in a full business suit made the patients notice us more, like we were conducting a CMS audit.

I worked in device for many years, only wore scrubs if attending OR cases, sometimes even then I would not as often the hospitals will make you wear theirs. Even in ortho/hospital device if you were making office calls you would wear normal business-casual wear.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The clothes you wear into hospitals and offices may contain covid germs..thus being able to throw them in laundry after you wear them..these are different times..obviously don’t normally dry clean after one use, but that is why they are offering scrubs to us

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is a happy medium to this. Doesn't have to be a suit or scrubs. I agree with most. Scrubs in an office based setting is idiotic. For the one that seems that is the way to go, are you a narcissist? Have perception that you are on an equal level with providers? Or are you just a lazy slob?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This has really gotten out of hand. Maybe AZ could have said order 3 golf shirts for the guys and 3 blouses for the ladies. Even then, the 2 year post college “I’m a pharma rep” “I know how to sell something” folks would complain. True salespersons could sell in sweatpants. Attire isn’t really the issue. If you sell, they will remember your promoted medicines-not giving a rip-nor remembering what Joe or Sally was wearing when they walked out.
    It’s far more important for reps to simply be real. Docs want that vs “I’m from the IRS” look.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are really wrong on this. I am a nurse and worked clinically for several years. When representatives wear scrubs it’s not necessary and it just looks inappropriate. You do not need a suit however professional attire lends credibility.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If a guy in a suit is confused with the IRS then he is doing it wrong

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At this juncture, evidently there was a reason reps in field sales were able to order scrubs. That reason we may never know. Most on this thread disagree with the idea of reps wearing scrubs in an office. That's ok. Just appreciate your free attire and wear around the house, and forget about it.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

exactly!