Search for a new CIO

Discussion in 'Quintiles' started by Anonymous, Jun 10, 2015 at 4:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cap Gemeni has been taking us to the cleaners but AM gave strict orders to not bid the mobile proof of concept out to other providers. He is putting his personal relationship with Cap ahead of Q best interests. And CB, well you called that one correctly.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know senior executives read these boards. If this is true then all RT has to do is ask for the RFP or RFI that went out. But he's probably to busy looking for his next job.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is just no interest. Keys have been handed to AM and he has us on a wild ride....but to where? We need clearer communication on his vision if we are going to support it

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry but there is no vision..... Any half competent executive would have been able to define thier overall goals and milestones after 7 months...... And energized the team to follow him. All AM has done is continue the petty empire battles with EH and NH, bringing in overpaid windbags who are not proven, continues to overspend on wasteful security and infrastructure projects, start pet projects just to suck up to other unless execs, tactically mismanaged finances (let's nope there is not an audit anytime soon as q could be in trouble with GAAP guidance around captilsiation), beat down the staff that are committed to delivering for q, etc..... This is not executive leadership.
    But what did Q expect from someone who knows nothing about this domain, has distanced himself from technology for years, honed his management skills in the automotive industry and has the ethics and morality of a dictator.
    It's a shame the employee engagement isn't coming sooner, so the TP could get a real read on AM. I fear that by the time the results come out at the end of the year the whole group will be so damaged it will be beyond saving.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on, and a couple of things to consider: RT is a master spin doctor when it comes to ee survey. Combine that with the fear by many that it is not truly anonymous survey so don't expect anything to come out of that..I am positive he will tie any drop to "this is just a normal result of bringing in new leadership" But we know AM and PW's styles are modeled after RT. They think they know it all, despite having no experience or understanding of the industry. They are old school executives unprepared to manage the new millennials. I'm not sure who gets let go first frankly.

But what bothers me and I know many others most is the point on what we have after 7 mos. Early on AM spoke of "One IT" and that gave me hope. Nothing has followed. The others (EH. NH) have dug in and fighting to hold together what's left of their empires. There has been no harmonization. The pet projects like mobility are shrouded in secrecy (especially $$--they are spending more than $700k on this pilot) and not discussed in any detail publicly. AM has lost credibility. I expect this to continue throughout the rest of 2015

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mobility is costing a helluva lot more than 700k. AM has confirmed through JuneOL process that he only cares about his pet projects and funding his dynasty, he could care less about what's right for Q. Many more resignations coming.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He wants many of those resignations. He has to fund those pet projects & the high priced executives coming in. In the not too distant future RT and EH will be gone as well as many others. Then when TP comes knocking because of another major incident, there will be no one left holding the bag except AM. Look for him to blame NH and team in India as he's already showing those cards.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't be so sure. They just released the global head of HR.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hope AM is next

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually they added him to their committee. Stunning.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He manages up quite well and the EC see what they want to see. Meanwhile I can count on one hand those in his organization that like or respect him. Those people make up his posse and all have newfound powers.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This passage comes to mind "Incompetents do not realize their own incompetence and rarely recognize de facto competence in others. In addition, the incompetent distrusts anyone who shows signs of actual competence, should he/she somehow recognize it, because competents not only make the incompetent look bad, but are most likely to question him/her. Furthermore, incompetents find security and comfort in echo chambers - consequently, loyalty to self, as well as to same ideology/beliefs/party, overrides all considerations in the incompetent's petty mind. To this effect, incompetents will seek to bring all those around them to their level. Therefore, incompetents are always surrounded by like-minded, and likewise, incompetents. In addition, in this context, incompetence always rewards incompetence."

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My neighbor works for Robert Half. He recently asked me what is going on over there? He's been bombarded with Q IT staff looking to bail. I'm sure the good ones who are not in the posse will land good opportunities for themselves.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are good ones IN the posse?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are good peeps in some of his groups but no trust in his inner circle. The ones I know will back stab in a heartbeat. Very self absorbed.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LW and SP are ok but the rest are power hungry snakes. Meanwhile all the quality people are looking to leave and who can blame them for not wanting to be micromanaged by a dictator.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whos are in the inner circle?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some are new like DC and MP, but some of the old guard who are doing backward flips to please him are SB and CB. Neither one really has any record of achievement to speak of but they sure can talk a good game

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Those who tried to stand up to him early on lost people and money. He only wants yes men.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's right. Both people in his direct org as well as the other IT leaders reporting to RT