Seasonal Contract Position

Discussion in 'Ashfield Healthcare' started by anonymous, Jul 27, 2018 at 7:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone going for that position?

Was told by recruiter 6 months on, 6 months off. $48,000 target with bonus. $600 car allowance. Contract to sell flu medication

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was told 7 months on, 5 months off. 70,000 annual salary prorated. 1 day off Thanksgiving, 1 day off Xmas, 1 day off New Years.
    Small territories.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Remember the car allowance is taxed as income. No vacation time to combine for long weekend for Xmas to New year or at Thanksgiving. Is gas ⛽ covered? No matter, betterbuy a beater in case the job only last 6 months. I find it hard to believe they can get managers let alone reps. At least they probably won't have samples. Plan on working only 4 hour days, four days a week and it may be worth taking the job.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ahhh this must be the Genentech contract they just won. Looks like it will be selling the new oral baloxavir marboxil for the flu set to be approved later this year.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

are there any benefits?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are they paying while training, and how long is that? As doing lunches will be only access for some customers and calendars will be full in many cases, it sounds like a rep would already be handicapped ♿.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So many slackers in our industry these days......Sounds like a great position that meets some individuals needs. Spoke to a recruiter about it and was told 6 months on then about 6 months off. Yes paid training of about a month give or take. Benefits while working, $600/month car allowance plus .21/mile. there is a salary range depending on exp apparently, but don't expect more then a $72 ish annualized prorated salary.....meaning for the 6 months you are working your checks will look as if you are on target to make what ever your salary is decided on. So if your salary is $70K, then at the end of the season you will have been paid $35K plus the car allowance plus a 30% bonus of your salary. So for 6 months of work, decent...not great but decent when you think that you will have your summers off and a few extra months. I've got kids in High school, so works perfectly for me. I don't need the benefits because my spouse carries us. As I said it's a great gig if it fits your life. Hoping to hop on this one! my area just hasn't posted yet.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No. Pharma companies never pay you when you're in training.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes you get paid while you are in training. You can't attend training until you have passed the background check and have an official start date. You are on the payroll after your initial start date.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone know when the start date is for this contract? Also , when are interviews starting?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Filled out the candidate info sheet so just waiting to hear back for now.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone have a Skype interview with the district manager set up yet?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not yet

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Be careful!

This company will work you to the bone for poor seasonal pay to prove to Genentech and industry they can launch a drug.

If you like the following you may be a good fit for this position:

Poor pay
    Pushy managers
    Double checking your pay statements to make sure they are correct
    Micromanagement to the extreme
    Reach and frequency trackers
    No vacation around the holidays
    Doing your managers admin work

If you fit the above you will be a good fit for Ashfield.

Good luck to all...

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was told by a recruiter that they are still hiring district mgrs. Once the mgr is hired they will recruit for territory reps. Start date for training end of Sept. and in the field in October.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone know any dm's that have been hired? My friend is interviewing next week and said her dm is already onboard. She lives in Flordia.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The pay is $6000 per month. .21 per mile. Trading starts late sept, Launch 2 nd week of October. Position is scheduled for Oct-April. Come May 1 all benefits end. Based on call metrics.

So you are essentially after taxes going to make 32K per year, no benefits for 5 months, these are mostly outlying territories with a lot of ground to cover.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your math is a little off. If the pay is $6000 per month over 7 months that comes out to $42,000. Add a possible
    30% bonus. If you were to max out on bonus that would be an additional $12,600. That would be a potential of $54,600 for 7 months of work. I think it sounds great. It may not be for everyone, but I think it is a great opportunity and I would love to do it!