See ya Synergy

Discussion in 'Synergy Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Mar 5, 2019 at 10:40 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

See ya, you POS company. I am one of the people who lost my job based on poor decisions that were made during my tenure with the company. All of this could have been avoided. The company had so much potential but was run by the worst executive leaders and field leaders I have ever experienced in my career. This was a company where decision making was based on a feeling versus facts, relationships versus ability, and the unchecked spending on the sales and marketing side with no concept of strategy, longevity and how a startup operates were just a few of the most obvious mistakes this company made. So thank you Marianne, Lindsay, Darrin, Matt for being the worse Sales leadership team I have ever worked with. May you never have the ability to manage at this level again. And Troy, you should never be a COO again let alone a CEO as it appear you were MIA when it came to overseeing spending and sales/marketing strategy. Marianne constantly made fun of you for being out of touch while we laughed at her for being clueless . Marketing spent money like we were selling a block buster drug and operated unchecked. No one should be surprised that we have no jobs. So thanks for the severance but not much else.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Terrible company. Consider yourself lucky though. I got retained. Bausch sucks and trulance is a me too drug. I’m already looking. Best of luck.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for the kind words. Best of luck to you too.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I couldn't agree more. Many joined this mess due to a bump in base and hope our management team could acquire other products along the way. The West knew we we're doomed when BH got on stage and was shaking like a leaf. Everyone felt uncomfortable just listening to him speak and fumble words due to his lack of business acumen. Somehow leaders like Bob and ABD's like the the lil troll Nikki were retained. Beware of her I spoke to a few of her reps that say she will stab anyone in the back to make herself look good. On the flip side many of them had only 1 ride along in 2 years.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Literally, this was the chance everyone took going to Synergy. Unless you had 0 to less than a year of pharma sales, or you were so desperate to get out of your last gig that you didn’t negotiate, you likely got a nice bump in salary to go to Synergy and take that risk at a startup.

Did you take advantage of that? Apparently not. The company gave us about 2.5 months to interview and find another job. Even if it paid the same as you’re making now, that’s likely still way more than any raises you would have received from your last company in these 2 years. The worst leaders “in your career” shows you have some experience, so if you weren’t out there grinding and getting interviews from recruiters, who literally beg reps to work with them, that sounds like a you problem.

Troy is aloof, sales leadership sucks, marketing does whatever they want, while you just “laughed at Marianne for being clueless.” Everyone in the room is an asshole except for you, and it was all fun and games until you didn’t set yourself up for success with a new job.

If you didn’t like sales leadership at Synergy I would sincerely consider finding another career. Try consulting, you sure seem to have all the answers.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. The meeting in AZ with the new Area Sales Director was the first hint that the company was really in trouble. It seem that they just filled the position with a "warm body" because they knew the company's path.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Isn't this a funny response, clearly from our fabulous leader. I actually am one of the people who got rolled over. Number are decent, good reputation and I did use this last 3 months to interview but the jobs aren't plentiful, the market is flooded with experienced people, and when I mentioned Synergy, the stink of it follows me in the door. Field employees get blamed for the failure of the company vs. the pathetic leader we had at the top. Did you hear that on the last day she had her admin sending out pieces of the painting from the launch meeting as some warped motivational stunt? Gee thank. We hope you cut that up in 200 pieces so we all get that grand gesture to treasure. Another waste of money and time. Easy for you to talk about getting a job while you are sitting of a fat severance. Look in the mirror take stock. You failed us.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But I didn’t fail myself darling. You gave nothing and you got nothing. Good riddance!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MH was the biggest slob I have ever seen in a Sr. leadership position in my career. Feel bad for the company that was forced to take him on.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think you’re referring to Matt H. He was a total
    embarrassment with no charisma. We had to watch him stumble over words and read from a TelePrompTer because he didn’t know the names of his own reps. He was the worst. Heard he’s a “VP” with a small company. I give that company 6 months...

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh God yes. He was horrible! But Marianne loved him. That should have been our first sign.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He was better than Jeb Clampett!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well you know why Darrin, then Matt, then Bob were picked, don't you? None of those guys made Lindsay feel threatened. She was involved in each of those hiring decisions. She is sniper who positions herself for success while covertly slandering anyone that might actually have more talent or experience than she does or anyone who might have influence over Marianne. Lindsay makes the decisions and positions them so Marianne thinks they are her own. She didn't want to lose that position to steer decisions. She especially disliked other women, even those she hired.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess that explains the passive west business directors.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Marianne was the worst hire possible by Troy. She was fired from previous company but unfortunately her and Troy worked together at that company so he made the comfortable decision to hire her at Synergy. She had the superpower of not being able to make a decision on her own. She made poor hiring decisions - from the alcoholic ABD in the North to the weakest and most incompetent ABDs in the West. Marianne supported anyone under her authority because she did not have the ability or the engagement to understand the business or run a sales force. She should never work in a start-up environment again. Big pharma is the only fit for her where she can hide her weaknesses.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seams that everyone was an “expert” in taking management decisions... but I’m wondering, in 2 years, at your level, what hold you back to take ownership of your area and to put strong numbers out there...