Seeking innovative ideas to generate PT referrals.

Discussion in 'Southwest Reps' started by Rob P., Mar 3, 2016 at 12:47 PM.

1. Rob P.

Rob P. new user

I have been working in San Diego area as a rep for a Physical Therapy firm and been making a killing. The net profitability of our company has jumped considerably since I started, but I am running into a wall trying to generate new referrals from physicians we have had limited and/or no interaction with. The company is asking me to create an opportunity to start discussions with the physicians/stakeholders of those who we don't service. My problem is getting in with the font office. I have a pharma background and tried building relationships with the people, but I have not made much progress.

I have brought candy, small trinkets, lunch, provided supporting clinical evidence and all my efforts have been marginally effective. I would appreciate some tips and pointers on how to over come this challenge. The large majority of our company referrals are physician generated. The company I am working for doesn't have a higher level individual to help secure larger contracts. I would like to be that individual in the future, and I am enrolled in a Masters level Healthcare Admin/Management course. Your input would be most welcome.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

perhaps instead of focusing on getting business from 100% of your territory, you should run some analytics on how much time, energy, and money the low engaged offices you are trying to convert are costing you.

It may be better to spend that time and energy focused on other more low hanging fruit that would be overall more productive for your pipeline.

Just be sure to visit those offices periodically to let them know you and your company is still around. They won't respond unless/until they have a problem w their current service, but that's just how you land some of those accounts.